HID installed on my Stivo

KT_haha

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bump

anyone else got HID recently?

Looks like I'll be getting 8000k H7's cos I'm helping a mate out by buying his, cos he bought the wrong one. I'm going to try my luck to get 6000k's though

6000k because from wht I have seen, it's closer to the colour of daylight, hence will appear brighter.

but if I end up with the 8000k, ah wellz! :)

I've got the H7 crystal white globs on .. the illegal 1z :lol: !! looks slick at nite .. cost is $100 at AutoBarn .. will try to get photos to show u guys :D

My best mate is an auto-electrician and priced me up a complete set of HID's for my sportivo and I have since decided that the standard headlights are satisfactoy...

To replace all 4 sets of bulbs (parkers, low beam, high beam and fog lamps) with 5000K bulbs as well as installing the ballast was gonna bea around $4000 all up.....

My best mate is an auto-electrician and priced me up a complete set of HID's for my sportivo and I have since decided that the standard headlights are satisfactoy...

To replace all 4 sets of bulbs (parkers, low beam, high beam and fog lamps) with 5000K bulbs as well as installing the ballast was gonna bea around $4000 all up.....

OH.... AUD$4000 seem to be tooo much for that....

I have installed the HID on my car as well. The installation of HID on a sportivo is very easy!!! you can diy mate!!!! the kit only cost me AUD$350 on ebay with 2 years australia replacement warranty. You guy can get LEDs from that guys as well.

The LEDs + HID look fxxking nice...

btw this is the ebay shop address of that guy.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/hidtrading

Edited by HID8000K

I have installed the HID on my car as well. The installation of HID on a sportivo is very easy!!! you can diy mate!!!! the kit only cost me AUD$350 on ebay with 2 years australia replacement warranty. You guy can get LEDs from that guys as well.

I see what your saying, however, these kits available on ebay are for ONE set of lights and are technically a 'no-name' brand'.

As mentioned, I was looking at what would end up being a set of 8 lights (2 parkers, 2 low beams, 2 high beams and 2 fog lamps) as well as them being 'Philips' brand.

I don't need to worry about installation though, as not ony can I do them myself, but for the mear price of free beer after the job, my best mate (an auto electrician) will assist.

BTW - The price he got me was his cost price...

I see what your saying, however, these kits available on ebay are for ONE set of lights and are technically a 'no-name' brand'.

As mentioned, I was looking at what would end up being a set of 8 lights (2 parkers, 2 low beams, 2 high beams and 2 fog lamps) as well as them being 'Philips' brand.

I don't need to worry about installation though, as not ony can I do them myself, but for the mear price of free beer after the job, my best mate (an auto electrician) will assist.

parkers - HID parkers?!?!!?

low beam - philips make some very good ones. they also make the ballast for other "no name" brands, too.

hi beam - not really feasible for our light bulbs. coz if u have seen how HID lights up from cold, they dun quite react as quick as the good ol' filament bulb. only hi-beam HID i have seen are H4 where the low and hi beam are in one bulb.

foglamps - at 5000k i reckon, when u really need them, in a fog, they will work against you.

hope that helps

parkers - HID parkers?!?!!?

low beam - philips make some very good ones. they also make the ballast for other "no name" brands, too.

hi beam - not really feasible for our light bulbs. coz if u have seen how HID lights up from cold, they dun quite react as quick as the good ol' filament bulb. only hi-beam HID i have seen are H4 where the low and hi beam are in one bulb.

foglamps - at 5000k i reckon, when u really need them, in a fog, they will work against you.

hope that helps

Thats why I decided not to do it - too much effort

Just got my installed yesterday, Philips 7000k, cost me around AUD$400.  :D

So, nice~~

Cooley,

Tell me more !

Where from ?

Is this for High or Low ?

More info pleeeeez ?

Cheers

T.

Just got my installed yesterday, Philips 7000k, cost me around AUD$400.  :D

So, nice~~

Cooley,

Tell me more !

Where from ?

Is this for High or Low ?

More info pleeeeez ?

Cheers

T.

It's the low beam. I bought from overseas far from HK, cost around AUD 400. The ballast was Philips "Made in Germany" (haha, I like this brand for lights, always reliable, just like Toyota for Cars :D ). I think the bulbs were not Philips bulb, but still look niceeeeeeee~~ :D

With the purchase of that, I paid around AUD 25 to buy a "Votlage stablizer" which original cost was AUD 200. Those two products were in a special package ~ :D :P . The HID was originally cost around AUD 650. They were making a clearance sale before Chinese New Year, so the prices were just like in factory outlet. :blink:

Btw, the performance of the votlage stablizer just make me smile ~ :)

Go to my garage to have a look if you are interested.

Trying to put some pics with how my HID looks ASAP(maybe tmr), need to find a place "DARK" enough to show the HID's brightness.

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to get John (Cougs) 6000K thanks to a swap with some of my customers. ;)

For those reading the Intellexual document about colour temperatures - I have just seen 12000K myself the other night, went for a drive, and it is definitely brighter than 8000 or 6000K. Maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks on me, and maybe the globe is still new, but it is definitely brighter than the 8000K globe on the other side :P

Techone... ugh... ;)

• 1 month later...
With the purchase of that, I paid around AUD 25 to buy a "Votlage stablizer" which original cost was AUD 200. Those two products were in a special package ~  .

What's the purpose of a voltage stabilizer? Do we need it and what difference would it make?

Thanks

With the purchase of that, I paid around AUD 25 to buy a "Votlage stablizer" which original cost was AUD 200. Those two products were in a special package ~   .

What's the purpose of a voltage stabilizer? Do we need it and what difference would it make?

Thanks

It can make the electric current in the car..more stable, that can have fuel efficiency, better brightness of lights, and more accurate ignition time, can slightly improve the performance, etc (can improve the efficiency of all electrical device in your car) :P

That's not compulsory, we dun need that stabliser in order to have the HID working :P .

Edited by Cooley

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

HI GUYS!!

im planning to buy globes now.... HID ones..

whats with the HID kit???

cant u just stick the globe in the car?? what is a HID kit??

im plannig to buy... 6000K.. thats wif a slight BLUE right??

and is this right?:

HB 3 = High Beams

H 7 = Low Beams

thx guys!

HI GUYS!!

im planning to buy globes now.... HID ones..

whats with the HID kit???

cant u just stick the globe in the car?? what is a HID kit??

im plannig to buy... 6000K.. thats wif a slight BLUE right??

and is this right?:

HB 3 = High Beams

H 7 = Low Beams

thx guys!

HID is completely different to replacement globes. Do you want really bright light output, or do you just want the colour? IF you want the bright light, you will need an actual HID kit.

I wouldn't bother with HID highbeams - how often do you use your highbeams? I'd rather spend the money on a set of fogs (if you have them) or just saving the $400 :)

A set of HIDs will cost you about $400-500 depending on brand, location of manufacture etc. I'm selling HID kits, let me know what other information you require.

hmm...

so wts the 8000k.. 6000k... is that HID??? stuff like philip diamond crystal..

if i buy those.. 6000k... can i install them onto my car?? without the kit??

without kit... will it still be brighter than stocks?

Edited by XploShun

hmm...

so wts the 8000k.. 6000k... is that HID??? stuff like philip diamond crystal..

if i buy those.. 6000k... can i install them onto my car?? without the kit??

without kit... will it still be brighter than stocks?

That's not HID. That's just uprated halogen globes.

HIDs have a ballast, ignitor and the globes look different: I'll show you a pic of what a HID kit looks like:

3.jpg

4.jpg

Those globes you mentioned are just rice HID. Not much brighter than stock globes, just prettier in colour. If you want those, I sell them as well, see this thread for more information. Better than the Philips Crystal/DiamondVision at half the price.

icic thx man!!!!

HID kit are pretty expensive...

dunno how to install anyway..

by the way...

GLOBES for prefacelift and facelift...

are they the same? like:

HB 3 = High Beams

H 7 = Low Beams

on facelifted hatchback High and Low Beams are H7. coz i just change them for my 05 Sportivo.