Toyota Whereis 13 vis V14

Leeder

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

VER 14 You finally now get the Lane Cove tunnel in Sydney. :yahoo:

As most have posted how limited the Factory unit is it has one big advantage on accuracy that the portable units can never have only if you had a car speed input from the main ECU which the Toyota has.

For those of you that are interested

This is really evident when going into a tunnel where normal portable GPS is lost with in a couple hundred meters or so, the Toyota uses something called dead reckoning which allows it to accurately plot on the map still when blind from Satellites, it does this with clever fuzzy logic software and the direct mechanical speed input from the car that we all hate so much when it blanks out our LCD Displays when you go over 5 Kms/HR

Edited by PC XT

That is right. You can see the advantage of it in Sydney when some tunnel has an exit in the middle of it.

I can vow for that in the Burnley tunnel that you there is a small exit to Burnely just before the main exit to M1. The Kluger can pinpoint the exact point of exit (like in any other street). I think that is pretty smart.

Now that makes me want to drive the car to Sydney for a holiday :yahoo:

Apologies for a topic snatcher... but what would be the best road (faster overall time) to get from Syd to Bri? Coast one or the country one? Will drive Kluger :D

Thanks

Should have got the Gande with GPS :rolleyes: take the free way, Pacific hwy isnt it?

Got Grande with GPS :D

GPS offers basically 2 roads - along the coast and country. Time/km's diff is very low... though somebidy who maybe has travelled before could give me a hint...

Should have got the Gande with GPS :rolleyes: take the free way, Pacific hwy isnt it?

As most have posted how limited the Factory unit is it has one big advantage on accuracy that the portable units can never have only if you had a car speed input from the main ECU which the Toyota has.

This is really evident when going into a tunnel where normal portable GPS is lost with in a couple hundred meters or so, the Toyota uses something called dead reckoning which allows it to accurately plot on the map still when blind from Satellites, it does this with clever fuzzy logic software and the direct mechanical speed input that we all hate so much when it blanks out our LCD Displays when you go over 5 Kms/HR

My Grande got quite confused one time in a tunnel. The traffic had stopped due to a car broken down. After changing lanes twice at low speed the GPS lost its bearings and thought that I was creating my own tunnel under the city. It knew not to use the streets above.

It coorected itself quickly after leaving the tunnel.

GPS offers basically 2 roads - along the coast and country. Time/km's diff is very low... though somebidy who maybe has travelled before could give me a hint...

OK Try http://www.whereis.com/whereis/home.do;jse...2CA09.server1-1

It should help

This is really evident when going into a tunnel where normal portable GPS is lost with in a couple hundred meters or so, the Toyota uses something called dead reckoning which allows it to accurately plot on the map still when blind from Satellites, it does this with clever fuzzy logic software and the direct mechanical speed input that we all hate so much when it blanks out our LCD Displays when you go over 5 Kms/HR

My Grande got quite confused one time in a tunnel. The traffic had stopped due to a car broken down. After changing lanes twice at low speed the GPS lost its bearings and thought that I was creating my own tunnel under the city. It knew not to use the streets above.

It coorected itself quickly after leaving the tunnel.

VERY INTERESTING, not the norm in a tunnel.

Did you go below 5Km/hr or stop?

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

Just get a hold of the V14 disc (Thank you!~ ^_^ ; you know who you are)

When I put the new disc in, the nav needs to run for about 20 seconds to "load" the disc. Interesting.

And some setting has been erased, like the recent entry. Somehow I think the screen look different but I cannot pinpoint what. The map is larger and have some road in Taneit that I have not seen before in the old map. Very good.

Except the map is bigger, I cannot see any change. Still work the same way as the V13. All the set up is the same.

Hey, that makes me want to ask. How can we change the date/time on the sat nav? or they get the info from the Satellate?

• 2 weeks later...
... and the direct mechanical speed input from the car that we all hate so much when it blanks out our LCD Displays when you go over 5 Kms/HR

sorry for the questions but will only get our car this weekend ...

so what do you rely on for navigation above 5kph? just voice guidance?

does this blanking out also happen when you're in radio or CD mode?

Very Interesting that the GPS states it about the same time. From my experience the Hume Hwy (Country road) takes aboiut 10-12 hours the Pacific Hwy would take you 16-18 hours.

... and the direct mechanical speed input from the car that we all hate so much when it blanks out our LCD Displays when you go over 5 Kms/HR

sorry for the questions but will only get our car this weekend ...

so what do you rely on for navigation above 5kph? just voice guidance? Not sure what you mean wait till you get you car and you will see what I mean, some display icons are not assessable when the car is going above 5kms/h display and voice are always there if a route is entered

does this blanking out also happen when you're in radio or CD mode? No

Edited by PC XT

Very Interesting that the GPS states it about the same time. From my experience the Hume Hwy (Country road) takes aboiut 10-12 hours the Pacific Hwy would take you 16-18 hours.

Used both - took about the same time (12 hours).

• 2 months later...

Does anybody have a copy of V14 that would work in a 2006 Presara? I really need it for Sydney and have tried downloading from a few torrent sites but the copies have not worked, even when trying out different brands of DL+R discs.

$395 is a bit steep for my budget at the moment

Any help is much appreciated

I have tried both TDk DL+R RW and Verbatim DL+R and they are the suggested discs to use for this software. Neither work (but it could just be a bad image I have downloaded???)

I would certainly like to try the Kluger v14.

I have tried to copy an image once and it does not work for country roads. There must be hidden files somewhere.

The one I have got is a copy and it is a DL +R disc. It is blank white top and not sure where to get them

Edited by Taka

Does anybody have a copy of V14 that would work in a 2006 Presara? I really need it for Sydney and have tried downloading from a few torrent sites but the copies have not worked, even when trying out different brands of DL+R discs.

$395 is a bit steep for my budget at the moment

Any help is much appreciated

newbie,

Would you mind giving the torrent site where you get the v14 download?

Thanks a lot!!!

Dherek azura

• 2 weeks later...

Australia V15.0 will be released soon. Tomtom already has it for sale plus a few other portable units. http://poweredby.whereis.com//shop/Whereis-Online-Store.html has a place mark for it's release.

How long do these things take for a Toyota Version to come along?

• 5 months later...

How long do these things take for a Toyota Version to come along? ...

It's not up to Toyota I believe. My guess is in 6 to 9 months time,

BH

Version 15 for Toyota is now available (February 2009) at the usual rip off price of $395. :blink: You have to question how buying this every 12 to 18 months can be justified when there are few changes. :idea: