gen 3 What is the difference between Ultima / Vienta / Vienta Touring

Gibbo

I know motor 3vz is the same but what 'extras' as standard do the different models have...

I would like climate control... instead of juggling the 'heater' with air on...

I read the V- touring has firmer suspension...( but still needs a r/ bar)

And does anyone know the kg weight of these cars...

Petrol consumption is largely to do with driver habits...

I really like these cars, I have 3 now... a v6 manual a Vienta Auto and a nice 2.2 auto, boy is that good on fuel.

the manual is great fun but the Vienta is sooo nice and quite and pretty goey as well...

Now I'm looking for the right combination and modifications to suit me...

The 95 Touring - comes with CD player, upgraded speakers, leather steering wheel & shifter, lowered suspension in the back (equivalent to King Low springs - have measured next to my mate's lowered Gen 3), has more solid sway bars (17mm compared to 15mm I believe)... 15 inch mags... centre console has a "CD rack" sorta built in...

I believe the 96 Tourer comes with Cruise Control too :)

The Ultima and Grande I don't believe get the leather wheel and shifter, but they do end up with the leather seats?... power windows...

In my opinion, the Tourer - more bang for ya buck. I've already got power windows in my 95 Tourer :P

The 95 Touring - comes with CD player, upgraded speakers, leather steering wheel & shifter, lowered suspension in the back (equivalent to King Low springs - have measured next to my mate's lowered Gen 3), has more solid sway bars (17mm compared to 15mm I believe)... 15 inch mags... centre console has a "CD rack" sorta built in...

I believe the 96 Tourer comes with Cruise Control too :)

The Ultima and Grande I don't believe get the leather wheel and shifter, but they do end up with the leather seats?... power windows...

In my opinion, the Tourer - more bang for ya buck. I've already got power windows in my 95 Tourer :P

Thanks, yes my Vienta has cruise, which is a great feature... but no actual CD... although is mention on the console??

I'm happy with the set-up, if it had a sunroof and electric windows it would be perrfect..

I'v got leather seats in another car, it is overrated...

back bar still needs upgrading... whiteline, and so cheap... comeing soon

thanks reply

I know motor 3vz is the same but what 'extras' as standard do the different models have...

I would like climate control... instead of juggling the 'heater' with air on...

I read the V- touring has firmer suspension...( but still needs a r/ bar)

And does anyone know the kg weight of these cars...

Petrol consumption is largely to do with driver habits...

I really like these cars, I have 3 now... a v6 manual a Vienta Auto and a nice 2.2 auto, boy is that good on fuel.

the manual is great fun but the Vienta is sooo nice and quite and pretty goey as well...

Now I'm looking for the right combination and modifications to suit me...

Also within the gen3 series is the 97 Vienta Touring.

This car comes stock with cruise,black leather (stearing wheel ,gear boot & shift knob ,handbrake), Sports suspension , ABS , Duel airbags ,cd stacker rear spoiler ,upgraded trim throughout and front and rear power windows (possibly other things I'm forgetting about to).

However the most important thing is as far as I know this is the only model Australian gen3 that is equipped with the 1MZ-fe as opposed to the 3VZ-fe.

These cars are pretty rare as they were released during the crossover year of gen3 to gen4, however theyre worth hunting for.

I have a 95 GSX Wagon V6 it has ABS, cruise. elec windows. keyless entry, velour seats The suspension seems on the hard side compared to my sons 94 csi wagon so I susect it may have the 17mm sway bars it has no CD player although

it says so on the radio cassett player maybe it was an option but I cant find where the wiring is I just hope that the engine loom out of the 96 V6 Im putting in the car has the wires for the cruise control Next weekend will tell I guess when Im putting in the new motor and tranny

Hmmm... a Gen 3 with a 1MZ engine... I like the sound of that!!

Yeah mate they are a very nice car,Rare as hens teeth though.

The only one I have ever seen was at the dealership where I bought mine years ago.

It was a toss up between the gen3 or gen4.

The gen3 was a lot cheaper than mine, but was totaly thrashed inside and out,engine as well so I ended up getting the gen4 after some barganing for the same price as the beaten gen3.

I still wish the gen3 was in better condition though as that's the car I actually went there for.

But after all the gen4 is a nice car too so happy as anyway.