Raising the front seats

Gibbo

Has anyone done this...

It's not that I'm all that short...

The Cruiser's got height adjustment, just no enough up, on low a 7 foot driver could fit in..

went for a 250k run to Syn n back y/day and noticed I was flipping the visor down to block out all the sky...

so I raised seat with a flat cushion to try it out, and the whole thing felt heaps better..:)

more road vision, stearing wheel felt lower & better without blocking the guages, and all that sky was gone...

They have heaps of head room, so I'm gona look at putting say 25mm spacers under the mounts...

I may have to use new hardened bolts, should be pretty simple...

my daughter's cammy omg... she has the back allmost flat,

must be a young person cool thing, go figure.

5 speed pull that hard she has to hold on tight with arms straight out...

im 6 4....and my legs get in the way of everything..i need to be driving from the backseat.........lol ur daughter...does she look out the window thru the rear right passenger window...thts funny!!!

lol i sit low. just confortable but i can still see over the steering wheel. the car makes me look short as but oh well :)

Yeah well the thing is I'm like regular height, and Kate jus comes up to my shoulders, that's without her killer heels...

Thing is the 3vz has got soo much grunt, on her first drive I had to really hang on, she sqeeled that it does 70 in second gear, and wound it right out, I think it's the 2.5 pipe and that magnaflow really does sound great...

There doesn't seem to be a rev limiter on the thing, I seen her spin it out to 7 grand...lucy it's got 4 bolt mains.

I think that's why she has her arms so straight out, the thing just really takes off and she really focuses on the job...

and being low at the front 30mm, and with the little mechanitehnico stearing wheel and metal go fast pedals.

it just seems to make you want to thrash it...

but she's a good driver, I think because i 'v had so many cars and she's driven them all since she was little..

Coming home from schoolies with her mates she blew the donk in my fairmont Ghia...

She blew the motor in her N13 Pulsar Q and was unlucky in her Lantra, it should have had ABS...

But I've seen lots of young ppl with their seat wound back... I mean I don't care..

Except kate never puts the seat back, & when I get in my car after her taking it out, like she does...

I feel like I'm in a dentist chair, then I got to readjust it all over because I'm fussy about my seat position...

The bimmer has memory and that's one of the things I really like about it... I think the Grande has it as well.

She loves the Gen 3, As soon as she seen it she wanted it and took it straight away...

I'm going to get her a neat sports metal gear changer for her birthday...

And maybe a whiteline rear bar, funny how it's got so much work done but no rear bar...

Anyway, I know it's sounds odd but I like my Auto... no drama, easy as and quite goey if you plant it..

needs a rear bar real bad and I might dro[p the front, I like the way you can point and shoot with a low snout...

I should have had one of these cars before, they really are great fun... and so cheap to buy, and run as well...:)

Sorry long post...

Gees, if ya daughter's that old, she probably not far off my age, lol.

I'm serious about the bolts though, normally you need an engineer's cert for swapping out seats, let alone modifying the plate thingy that it sits on!

Gees, if ya daughter's that old, she probably not far off my age, lol.

I'm serious about the bolts though, normally you need an engineer's cert for swapping out seats, let alone modifying the plate thingy that it sits on!

Thanks good advise, you are quite right,

in my first post mentioned the use of new hardened bolts..

hardened allen head bolts with a metal 25mm spacer the length of the base support...

Years ago I had a custom recaro and used to put it into different cars as they came along...

those 'proper' seats made a huge difference..

you could just drive with your mind and let your fingers and feet do the work...

stock seat are lame but you don't really notice,...

but you use a lot more muscles and energy with stockies,

top shelf exotics have great seats...

The Tourer has ok seats... it's just an everyday car after all...

The seats in the 5 speed are pretty lousy though,

little support, thin and hard... but I don't drive it, so I don't care...

Thanks your good advise, readers should follow...

custom recaro? how much that set you back?

that was some 15 years ago

I bought a recaro used and had it re-upholstered to suit my body...

I may do the same with this cars' seat once I sort it out, but as it is, it doesnt matter that much... low g' s

more height is easy and free..

this one size fits all is a bit of a bench in comparison...

it was a bit pricy compared to regular seat, but totaly worth it,

the car sits on tyres, you sit on the seat...