TRD Aurion wheels (purchase)

Buri_ZR6

Couldn't you get someone with a TRD Aurion to purchase the set of wheels for you....

Make up a lame excuse to TRD Toyota parts department about how some thug left your TRD Aurion on bricks, and get a friend with a TRD Aurion to use their VIN to purchase new ones. If you wanna make it even more legit and you know a Mechanic get him to order the parts through his business.

Will I get arrested for saying this?

thats what im going to do i think. :) thanks for the idea. and no you wont get arrested for this :) jst sharing thoughts.

I think the wheels look great - Do the rims actually say TRD on them ? That would be the only down side to using them on a standard Aurion.

Trouble is that they'd probably cost twice as much from TRD compared to a set of similar aftermarket rims.

rims do not say trd at all. just the toyota emblem as you see in the picture. which is good. they cost as much as a brand new set of bbs chs. so its actually ideal. lot of the wheels you see around that go for bargain prices will show its quality as years go by. thats why its better to pay extra.

Well for expected price youd pay for those TRD ones, im expecting its going to be a mint, for that same price I reckon youd get better rims @ the same dimensions, Youd find many importers selling BBS, Enkei, Volk, Racing Hart @19's for around the 2.5K mark, very lightweight.

Trust me, Corporations are not going to put a super mint set of wheels on a 60K car its not worthwhile especially if the car doesnt sell, they better off making an impression that its good by looking good, if the TRD website doesnt boast about the rims which it doesnt merely stating "performance alloy wheels", then id bet it would be a second rate item.

Get a price quote and ask the dealer what material is it made from?

as i remember asking the dealership ages ago they said 4000dollars. not sure what materials its made from nor how much they weigh. other import brands im also considering :)

does anyone on the forum have these wheels or have any information on how much they are? also are they sold to the general public or just trd aurion owners?

trdaurion.jpg

Funny you should ask... I called up a TRD dealer for a price on the the body kit and mags. YES I WANTED TO DO A KIT TRD. Call me what you want but for the extra $25 - $30K for a supercharged version of the Aurion i just cant justify the expence either.

I want the looks without spending the money, so sue me... Aside from some badges, you wouldn't be able to tell a kit TRD from the genuine article. Point being that with the strict road rules and ridiculous penalties it's a real gamble buying a full on high performance car. But you can still have a mean looking car that goes hard and gets good fuel economy.

The 19 X 8 Wheels were $553 each and around $1000 per bumper. The dealer tried telling me the bumpers wouldn't fit on my SX6 cos "it was a different shape". I think the body kit would look pretty good on any Aurion.

it should fit an sx6 because i saw a black sx6 with a front trd aurion bumper so i dont know why they r bull****ing :)

Couldn't you get someone with a TRD Aurion to purchase the set of wheels for you....

Make up a lame excuse to TRD Toyota parts department about how some thug left your TRD Aurion on bricks, and get a friend with a TRD Aurion to use their VIN to purchase new ones. If you wanna make it even more legit and you know a Mechanic get him to order the parts through his business.

That's an option i was looking into as well.

In addition to my previous post, I got the prices over the phone no problem. Didn't say anything about having to have a TRD tho. I went into a dealer to look over the TRD 3500S to check the bumper lay out and fitting/mounting points etc. I asked the sales guy about buying the kit and he said he didn't know the rules about it. He just implied that "you would probably need a VIN and/or Chassis number much the same as Holden requires for HSV parts purchase"

So get the numbers and order the parts for around $2200 for the factory TRD mags...

2200?? woww they told me 4k. what a bunch of liars. 2200 is without tires yes?

Edited by Buri_ZR6

That's an option i was looking into as well.

In addition to my previous post, I got the prices over the phone no problem. Didn't say anything about having to have a TRD tho. I went into a dealer to look over the TRD 3500S to check the bumper lay out and fitting/mounting points etc. I asked the sales guy about buying the kit and he said he didn't know the rules about it. He just implied that "you would probably need a VIN and/or Chassis number much the same as Holden requires for HSV parts purchase"

So get the numbers and order the parts for around $2200 for the factory TRD mags...

2200?? woww they told me 4k. what a bunch of liars. 2200 is without tires yes?

Yeah, i was told $1000 each to start off with. When i quizzed him about tyres etc he said "actually i'll just look them up on the system..... they're $553 each" That's from a Toyota (TRD) dealer in Perth. Scarborough Toyota i think it was. I got the number from another thread...

I have a friend that works in Toyota and another that works at Lexus so I'll check with them an see what I can do. I'm sure Toyota staff would know about the details.

Doubt your going to go to jail for buying a set of mag wheels. Unless the Toyota/TRD police are going to lock you up in the basement of there dealership :)

533? thats without GST? (533x4 = 2132 + decent tyres @ 150 each = 2700 / GST = 2900) Still Hefty price... wait awhile till some TRD owner decides to sell them on ebay lol.

Did you also get what tyres would be put on and what price, though it would be better to buy the mags and fit the tyres afterwards.

4k??? thats laughable, I would laugh at his face when he said that, Thats what you call exploiting the naivity of people thinking of thats what its worth.

As with the TRD bumper it will fit, you need the bumper and the grill replaced. My friend who got me the discount for my Zr6 researched it and says theres no reason not to fit.

Edited by AcoustiK

For $150, im pretty sure that you are going to get crappy tyres @ 19"

True, but places like Tech9 tyres will do some for around that price (well kinda 245/35/19 93y $260 Nankang NS2).

That's in WA mind you.

www.tech9tyres.com.au

any TRD part can only be bought by TRD owners...

it sucks i know =(

I'm just waiting for someone to total their TRD so i can pick their wreck!

I got first dibs!

U Talkin about the wheels or the Body Kits?

Coz when i asked the Mechanics on the Toyota dealers, I asked for the TRD Body Kit.

They said Yes as far as i could remember but the thing is just they dunno specifically the price for each side.

But they said..I would be lookin to pay $1300 roughly for all of em.. This is just the kit, i dunno for the wheels.

So..Im just wonderin..Am i the only one who got a 'Yes' from Toyota dealers? :blink::blink:

any TRD part can only be bought by TRD owners...

it sucks i know =(

I'm just waiting for someone to total their TRD so i can pick their wreck!

I got first dibs!

U Talkin about the wheels or the Body Kits?

Coz when i asked the Mechanics on the Toyota dealers, I asked for the TRD Body Kit.

They said Yes as far as i could remember but the thing is just they dunno specifically the price for each side.

But they said..I would be lookin to pay $1300 roughly for all of em.. This is just the kit, i dunno for the wheels.

So..Im just wonderin..Am i the only one who got a 'Yes' from Toyota dealers? :blink::blink:

looks like it :)

hmm, last time i got quoate 180 for Sumitomos HR's each, 190 for Hankook Ko4's, but then its all depends on the place you get them from i guess... and then again i haggled with them pretty much...

Personally, I wouldnt go with Nankangs...