TRD Aurion wheels (purchase)

Buri_ZR6

Why would you want to make your normal Aurion look like a TRD one?? seems stupid to me

To each his own micky t

very true, and I respect that. Still just seems weird to me. Why not just buy a TRD one?

Why would you want to make your normal Aurion look like a TRD one?? seems stupid to me

To each his own micky t

very true, and I respect that. Still just seems weird to me. Why not just buy a TRD one?

its only wheels. it wouldnt make me look like i couldnt afford the trd version. if i fitted a trd front bar on a aurion sportivo and yes ive seen an aurion like that, i would look like i wanted my car to look like a trd and that i would find stupid :) but imo the black trd 19s would look stunning on my gold zr6 with a drop. its all a matter of taste. but thank ya for sharing your opinion anyway.

i didnt want to buy a trd because i dont believe its worth $20g extra. if it had awd with a flappy paddle gearbox than i would think about it :)

Edited by Buri_ZR6

Lol, yeah i agree, value for money I don't really think that the TRD is worth it!

It does look a fair bit better... but either than that, who can justify an extra 20-30k for a supercharge?

you could use that $$$ to get a custom kit made, and a after-market supercharge...

but then there are better cheaper ways to getting close to that much extra power.

I spoke to someone who was on the TRD design team, even he thinks that at that price, it just isn't worth it.

I like the rims, but I think I'd rather look around for some 19" black deep dish rims to dump my baby on! =)

How hot will that be...

Lol, yeah i agree, value for money I don't really think that the TRD is worth it!

It does look a fair bit better... but either than that, who can justify an extra 20-30k for a supercharge?

you could use that $$$ to get a custom kit made, and a after-market supercharge...

but then there are better cheaper ways to getting close to that much extra power.

I spoke to someone who was on the TRD design team, even he thinks that at that price, it just isn't worth it.

I like the rims, but I think I'd rather look around for some 19" black deep dish rims to dump my baby on! =)

How hot will that be...

deep dish would be nice. hamann black deep dishes would look nice but its hamann. too damn expensive :)

Agree, I wouldnt purchase a TRD Aurion, its just they slapped in a supercharger, nicer seats and a crazy colour scheme, put 20K over the base Aurion price.

If they put this on a AWD platform, better suspension, throatier exhaust, better gearbox, then it would be considered,

FWD and that much power is just ridiculous, They said if could have been more power but the FWD platform was the limitation,

Hopefully in the future we see a 2GFSE model Aurions (240kw base imagine boosting it would make...) with and AWD platform like what was done to the Magnas, then that's something.

Agree, I wouldnt purchase a TRD Aurion, its just they slapped in a supercharger, nicer seats and a crazy colour scheme, put 20K over the base Aurion price.

If they put this on a AWD platform, better suspension, throatier exhaust, better gearbox, then it would be considered,

FWD and that much power is just ridiculous, They said if could have been more power but the FWD platform was the limitation,

Hopefully in the future we see a 2GFSE model Aurions (240kw base imagine boosting it would make...) with and AWD platform like what was done to the Magnas, then that's something.

Oh pleaseeee don't say "like the Magnas"

I look at the Magna sports and i cringe/laugh...

Oh I agree the TRD Aurion is a little overpriced, but if it was too close to the price of a top of the line normal Aurion, well, who would buy a standard one?

I guess my train of thought was that for the price that Toyota would charge for these wheels (and I have no idea, i'm just basing my thoughts off what they charge for other parts which is crazy to say the least), there would be hundreds of other wheels out there that would look just as good if not better, and also be different.

Eh I dunno, up to the owner in the end. Good luck trying to purchase them anyway, let me know what the mongrels want for them!!!!

Oh pleaseeee don't say "like the Magnas"

I look at the Magna sports and i cringe/laugh...

Yes it is an fugly car, but they had AWD (only good thing out of them). Toyota would be silly not to consider changing Wheel drive if they plan to up the KW in the future.

i m on this track now...

Yes I agree I just want the engine or supercharger to stick in my stock Presara.

But ken wouldn't sell me one. : (

Thanks for you TRD supercharger enquiry.

The Aurion kit we build is done specifically for TRD Australia and it would be inappropriate for us to sell it elsewhere.

I suggest you contact TRD and enquire if they will stock it, as there have been some past discussions regarding "aftermarket" kits. I am not able to give any indication of the pricing … however the performance is very impressive.

Regards ...

Ken L. Nunn, General Manager Harrop

Yes I agree I just want the engine or supercharger to stick in my stock Presara.

But ken wouldn't sell me one. : (

Thanks for you TRD supercharger enquiry.

The Aurion kit we build is done specifically for TRD Australia and it would be inappropriate for us to sell it elsewhere.

I suggest you contact TRD and enquire if they will stock it, as there have been some past discussions regarding "aftermarket" kits. I am not able to give any indication of the pricing … however the performance is very impressive.

Regards ...

Ken L. Nunn, General Manager Harrop

am i the only one that likes the trd wheels :)

looks abit meh to me... but if its for free, i wouldn't complain :)

asked my cuz to do a quickie on photoshop the other day and this is how it will look with the wheels and a bit of lowering :P

P5160022editeds.jpg

Edited by Buri_ZR6

looks abit meh to me... but if its for free, i wouldn't complain :)

asked my cuz to do a quickie on photoshop the other day and this is how it will look with the wheels and a bit of lowering :P

P5160022editeds.jpg

I think the wheels look great - Do the rims actually say TRD on them ? That would be the only down side to using them on a standard Aurion.

Trouble is that they'd probably cost twice as much from TRD compared to a set of similar aftermarket rims.

Guys,

Just remember 240kw on the car is alot to handle already for a FWD?, they decided not to go more power because it affected the drivability, the torque steer started to become too noticable, so they left it as that to be balanced out,

If your after an aftermarket kit, just remember there more costs involved than the kit and installation, fuel system and mappings need to be recalibrated and as complex as teh 2G-FE engine is, it could be a no go from any workshop apart from TRD to do anything, plus warranty will be voided.

I think the wheels look great - Do the rims actually say TRD on them ? That would be the only down side to using them on a standard Aurion.

Trouble is that they'd probably cost twice as much from TRD compared to a set of similar aftermarket rims.

rims do not say trd at all. just the toyota emblem as you see in the picture. which is good. they cost as much as a brand new set of bbs chs. so its actually ideal. lot of the wheels you see around that go for bargain prices will show its quality as years go by. thats why its better to pay extra.

Edited by Buri_ZR6

Couldn't you get someone with a TRD Aurion to purchase the set of wheels for you....

Make up a lame excuse to TRD Toyota parts department about how some thug left your TRD Aurion on bricks, and get a friend with a TRD Aurion to use their VIN to purchase new ones. If you wanna make it even more legit and you know a Mechanic get him to order the parts through his business.

Will I get arrested for saying this?

rims do not say trd at all. just the toyota emblem as you see in the picture. which is good. they cost as much as a brand new set of bbs chs. so its actually ideal. lot of the wheels you see around that go for bargain prices will show its quality as years go by. thats why its better to pay extra.

Well for expected price youd pay for those TRD ones, im expecting its going to be a mint, for that same price I reckon youd get better rims @ the same dimensions, Youd find many importers selling BBS, Enkei, Volk, Racing Hart @19's for around the 2.5K mark, very lightweight.

Trust me, Corporations are not going to put a super mint set of wheels on a 60K car its not worthwhile especially if the car doesnt sell, they better off making an impression that its good by looking good, if the TRD website doesnt boast about the rims which it doesnt merely stating "performance alloy wheels", then id bet it would be a second rate item.

Get a price quote and ask the dealer what material is it made from?

does anyone on the forum have these wheels or have any information on how much they are? also are they sold to the general public or just trd aurion owners?

trdaurion.jpg

Funny you should ask... I called up a TRD dealer for a price on the the body kit and mags. YES I WANTED TO DO A KIT TRD. Call me what you want but for the extra $25 - $30K for a supercharged version of the Aurion i just cant justify the expence either.

I want the looks without spending the money, so sue me... Aside from some badges, you wouldn't be able to tell a kit TRD from the genuine article. Point being that with the strict road rules and ridiculous penalties it's a real gamble buying a full on high performance car. But you can still have a mean looking car that goes hard and gets good fuel economy.

The 19 X 8 Wheels were $553 each and around $1000 per bumper. The dealer tried telling me the bumpers wouldn't fit on my SX6 cos "it was a different shape". I think the body kit would look pretty good on any Aurion.

post-7228-1204540043_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stealth

Couldn't you get someone with a TRD Aurion to purchase the set of wheels for you....

Make up a lame excuse to TRD Toyota parts department about how some thug left your TRD Aurion on bricks, and get a friend with a TRD Aurion to use their VIN to purchase new ones. If you wanna make it even more legit and you know a Mechanic get him to order the parts through his business.

Will I get arrested for saying this?

That's an option i was looking into as well.

In addition to my previous post, I got the prices over the phone no problem. Didn't say anything about having to have a TRD tho. I went into a dealer to look over the TRD 3500S to check the bumper lay out and fitting/mounting points etc. I asked the sales guy about buying the kit and he said he didn't know the rules about it. He just implied that "you would probably need a VIN and/or Chassis number much the same as Holden requires for HSV parts purchase"

So get the numbers and order the parts for around $2200 for the factory TRD mags...

post-7228-1204540110_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stealth