keyboard warriors

mrs.sportivo

i didnt know it was a school zone; unknown territory and i think i was going 55km so at least it wasnt that bad

and when the hell did my grammar become an issue in this forum ? i see TT's here all the time; are u gunna go confront them about it and tell them that they havent been listening in class and that their a moron ?

Ignorance is not an excuse for breaking the law.

I'm sorry, your grammer is appalling. No offence.

What is a "TT"?

I think you will find I never called you a moron and said that you didnt listen in class. I simply said that you are a moron if you think what you did is cool.

if i saw the "go 40 schoolzone" sign, i obviously wouldnt have sped considering the fact that i am only on my L's and i dont want cop's chasing after me.

this isnt an english class so i dont see why you keep saying that; btw its "grammar" i even know that

a TT is = fobby, people who cant speak/write english properly

my mistake u never did call me a moron but looks like you were agreeing with leroy about it

Edited by mrs.sportivo

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of us at any point have spoken ill of the police (except maybe Micky's overzealous last rant - how the ticket is presented is a non factor). In fact, 90% of the time, I will side with the police over the driver...

Anyhow, how can you say you have not bragged about it, and turn it into a pro police topic?

You laughed about 10 times during the original post, and then ended it with something to the effect of "medicine saved my life...", referring to the fact that you are glad you had a fake ID cos it apparently got you off the hook. How should we have taken that, other than you are happy about your fake ID - an illegal artifact? What were you even doing driving unaccompanied in the first instance?

We all sincerely hope you learn from your fine.

Again, I have to reiterate, we are not all against you. You are right, we haven't met you. No-one has said you are scum who needs to be removed from this earth - but you must be aware, if you have read any posts beside your own, that 'lazy' typing as you put is to be discouraged. Your own admission of laziness is deplorable, please just speak normally and the problem is sorted. Would you like it if every book/magazine/street sign/menu you read was written like that? I hope not...

And yes, other people have been flamed for their ill use of the keyboard...

Edited by Leroy

None of us at any point have spoken ill of the police (except maybe Micky's overzealous last rant - how the ticket is presented is a non factor). In fact, 90% of the time, I will side with the police over the driver...

Anyhow, how can you say you have not bragged about it, and turn it into a pro police topic?

You laughed about 10 times during the original post, and then ended it with something to the effect of "medicine saved my life...", referring to the fact that you are glad you had a fake ID cos it apparently got you off the hook. How should we have taken that, other than you are happy about your fake ID - an illegal artifact?

We all sincerely hope you learn from your fine.

Again, I have to reiterate, we are not all against you. You are right, we haven't met you. No-one has said you are scum who needs to be removed from this earth - but you must be aware, if you have read any posts beside your own, that 'lazy' typing as you put is to be discouraged. Your own admission of laziness is deplorable, please just speak normally and the problem is sorted. Would you like it if every book/magazine/street sign/menu you read was written like that? I hope not...

And yes, other people have been flamed for their ill use of the keyboard...

my *** your giving me a headache

geez it doesnt matter if people speak "ill of the police" on this forum or not, their stereotyped as pigs and who says i dont read other people's topic's;

if my grammar is such a problem for you then dont read my post's. im not gunna change the way i type just because your eyes cant translate it to your brain and then actually make out what im actually saying because LOL I KNOW I CAN SPELL.

people come onto this forum to discuss about car's, not about how bad their keyboard and grammar skills are, if its still such a problem for you maybe you shouldn't be on this forum instead maybe a forum which only talks about grammar; yeah i think thats the best way, we dont want you having a heartattack over mine and/or other's bad grammar now do we

edit: as for calling people who dont have good grammar "morons", wow either your parents were born here and everyone you know has excellent grammar then i guess yeah i am a moron for not "listening" in class though if thats not the case then your the moron for actually even saying im a moron for having poor grammar

see the headache ?

Edited by mrs.sportivo

OK, you are missing the point completely. We are ALL here to talk about cars, and random stuff in the club lounge. Before you joined this forum (and before I joined, for that matter) a lot of people had problems with new members rocking up and typing in that lazy txt msg manner. This debate has been raging for a while - in essence, because people started getting tired of the newbies posting stupid things regarding their cars without even searching the site first. The place just became a barrage of questions regarding where to get turbos and cold air intakes to make their cars faster.

What was worse, was that there was no introductions or even any politeness in these posts. They pretty much resembled "hey where i get gd turboz for my rolla i waz drggin big v8 commy and i beat it so i wnna make my car hell faster yeah lolz how much is gd turboz"

Of course, we bitched at these people, just as we have to you, that they should 1. search the site, rather than fill it up with stupid one line posts, and 2. actually start being courteous to the people that run this site, and they may get some good advice.

Now you've come along and made the post "who left the note on my car". That's perfectly fine - it was a valid topic to post, and got a few laughs. Along the way, however, everything in that post was just trash talk. It was random - again, people will ignore it because it doesn't concern them. Yet amongst those posts, you put up a story about how you went out by yourself when you don't even possess a license. You then go one step further and tell the world how you have a fake ID. You go even further again, and laugh to everyone about how the fake ID got you off the hook.

The first problem we have is this sort of behaviour is just plain wrong. We all drive cars, and we all go on cruises together. We do not wish to become police targets because a silly little girl on our forum laughs about driving without a license, and possessing a fake ID. This sort of behaviour just brings a bad name to all of us. Regardless of who has said what in the last couple of hours, there is simply no justification you can give for your actions.

The second problem is that every single post you have made thus far has had very little punctuation. You have had entire paragraphs that would fail a primary school exam. Noone cares about the odd one line answer, or if you abbreviate things. But we do care about what fills up the forum - the way you are posting is making us think that you are going to be one of those people that filled up our forum with trash like last time. And that has been bad for us... no new topics, or discussions from the expert members around here, are happening anymore.

So please, just be a little bit conscious of how you are using this forum - it does get on our nerves. We would love for you to be part of this community outside of this forum, but we do not want our forum wrecked by laziness and ill regard.

As for my parents being born here... what does that have to do with speaking English properly? FYI, no they weren't born here - I was. And no, everyone I know is not an A grade English student - but they make the effort to speak so that EVERYONE can understand them. Just as should happen around here.

Now that I have explained this nicely, hopefully you can understand our frustrations a little better.

See you around the forum!

Edited by Leroy

fair enough people had problems with members typing in lazy txt msg manner; but who said their moron's ? you talk about being polite this that but yes i have introduced myself in this forum it was actually one of my first posts.

& look at urself LOL YOUR BEING A HYPOCRITE, you called me a moron just because i have poor grammar ? but excuse me since when did you have the right to call me that when you obviously dont even know me

and i quote

"I don't believe, however, that anybody can criticise the younger generation of this forum too harshly for their use of SMS, internet, or l33t speak - especially when a lot of you are walking around day to day asking your peers how they are by using phrases such as "How's it garn?" (WTF is garn!?) or "How'ya doin'" (yeah, thats grammatically and lexically correct). Anyhow, a moot point... (bring back the cane, perhaps?)"

why so harsh and start calling me a moron ? i dont give 2shts if my grammar is appalling to you, because your not the one in the end marking my hsc; when people like you start to use name calling dont you think thats abit immature espically over the internet ?

"1. search the site, rather than fill it up with stupid one line posts, and 2. actually start being courteous to the people that run this site, and they may get some good advice."

im sorry i thought i did that; please show me where i havent

LOL fair enough this post is trash talk - its not like im the only one involved in it, and im pretty sure you have posted a reply on this topic as well. & yeah i posted a story about how i got lucky with a cop im sorry i thought this was in the club lounge section; i thought maybe people who read it would have found it abit lucky as well but hey if u dont like stuff like that posted up on these forums then fine fair enough thats your problem. but dont come taking it out on people just because you didnt like it or you cant make out what im saying. Who said the police will target you, who even said i attend the cruises ( i havent attended one yet as i am still waiting for my P's which im getting at the end of the month ). how can you talk yourself so high, are you telling me you've never done anything illegal before? you've never had a few good laughs about it with ur friends? please.

im not saying what i did was right ? if u knew the reason why i did drive in the first place you'd understand and that is NO ONE WAS HOME, BROTHER HAD MISSED THE BUS AND SO I HAD TO TAKE HIM TO SCHOOL OR ELSE HE WOULDA JUST STAYED HOME, there plain and simply for you to read.

now that i have explained this nicely, i hope im going to get an apology for the moron bit

First of all, well done for searching the forum. But do not take me out of context, I just said all of 1 post ago that I had no problem with abbreviation or the odd line. You will also find, in the same thread you took my quote from, that I still very firmly stated my disdain for English language incompetence in Australia. The problem lies with full paragraphs of it - which up until right now, you have been guilty of.

Now that you have proven that you can write half coherently, I somewhat apologise for the moron bit. Please make sure you keep it up. Regardless of if I am marking your HSC, if you took all of our advice you would pass the HSC with flying colours! Please pay attention to the new poll regarding this lazy typing, which, last time I checked, was 80% against it.

im not saying what i did was right ? if u knew the reason why i did drive in the first place you'd understand and that is NO ONE WAS HOME, BROTHER HAD MISSED THE BUS AND SO I HAD TO TAKE HIM TO SCHOOL OR ELSE HE WOULDA JUST STAYED HOME, there plain and simply for you to read.

After all of this, you are still trying to justify your actions. If you had hit a child at 55kmhs in the school zone, would you have told the judge that story? Do you think he would have cared too much that your brother was late for school, when someone else's little brother was being buried? What you should have done was waited 'til the next bus and taken him there. Or ring your parents.

We have all probably sped before, but we do not show off about the outcome on a public forum.

That was moronic. As we have said, don't take it personally - we can only hope that you learn something from this.

Edited by Leroy

well done to you, for after 4 hours you are still trying to justify why im wrong when i said so many times, i know what ive done wrong.

please learn to listen and read in future

FYI who said i was speeding because my brother was late? i didnt know i was speeding as i didnt know that 5 blocks down it would still be counted as a school zone

you know what LOL im gunna be the bigger man and just ignore you

Edited by mrs.sportivo

Sif buy robs ****, its got a bloody crack and a hole in it, not worth 2 bob.

Simo

X O X O

EDIt: GHEY, that was on the other page, I thought it was the last of the topic :P

Edited by Simo

HAHA oh i think i should explain my story abit better than LOL up to u if u want to believe me haha the person sitting next to me was MY SISTER who is younger than me [ i was taking her to school ]

Seeing how I am such a keyboard warrior, I thought I might just bring this up.

So who was in the car with you, your brother or your sister? Story seems to be changing quite a bit. Falling apart at the seams. Unless you had both a brother and a sister, but then, why wouldnt you just say that in the first place?

You are still saying that its not your fault because you missed the sign. I reiterate my point - Ignorance is no defence for breaking the law. You missed the sign - thats your fault. Its like saying, "oh I'm sorry your honour, I didnt realise murder was illegal, otherwise I wouldnt have killed that person"

Anyway, I'm happy to write off the speeding as an honest mistake, it can happen to the best of us. However, I will make the point that if you were in fact a licenced driver, there is a much greater chance that you would have noticed the speed sign in the first place. Then again, it also comes back to the fact that you put yourself, your brother/sister, all other drivers on the road, and maybe 100's of kids at risk because you took a chance. And to top it off, you lied, and then bragged about it on an online forum.

I'm going to stop replying here now, because i've made my point, and you will either ignore it or take it on board, that is up to you. Please, just dont get all high and mighty telling me that it was the only option because clearly you could have chosen many other options rather than the one you chose. Still, thats a lesson for you to learn which comes from experience, much like driving skills.

Edit: Oh and I apologise for my 1 spelling mistake. It does happen occasionally.

No no no, that wasnt mean as an attack on the police, I was just making a point based on the differences between the AFP and the NSW Police Force.

Then again, intrestingly enough, Mrs.Sportivo was telling me that she received the blue carbon paper copy of the ticket, however what she posted was clearly a white piece of paper. But I will leave that well alone. I'm done.

HAHA oh i think i should explain my story abit better than LOL up to u if u want to believe me haha the person sitting next to me was MY SISTER who is younger than me [ i was taking her to school ]

Seeing how I am such a keyboard warrior, I thought I might just bring this up.

So who was in the car with you, your brother or your sister? Story seems to be changing quite a bit. Falling apart at the seams. Unless you had both a brother and a sister, but then, why wouldnt you just say that in the first place?

You are still saying that its not your fault because you missed the sign. I reiterate my point - Ignorance is no defence for breaking the law. You missed the sign - thats your fault. Its like saying, "oh I'm sorry your honour, I didnt realise murder was illegal, otherwise I wouldnt have killed that person"

Anyway, I'm happy to write off the speeding as an honest mistake, it can happen to the best of us. However, I will make the point that if you were in fact a licenced driver, there is a much greater chance that you would have noticed the speed sign in the first place. Then again, it also comes back to the fact that you put yourself, your brother/sister, all other drivers on the road, and maybe 100's of kids at risk because you took a chance. And to top it off, you lied, and then bragged about it on an online forum.

I'm going to stop replying here now, because i've made my point, and you will either ignore it or take it on board, that is up to you. Please, just dont get all high and mighty telling me that it was the only option because clearly you could have chosen many other options rather than the one you chose. Still, thats a lesson for you to learn which comes from experience, much like driving skills.

Edit: Oh and I apologise for my 1 spelling mistake. It does happen occasionally.

both, i was dropping both off at school but when i got pulled over by the police that was just when i droped my little brother off so my sister was the only one in the car

Edited by mrs.sportivo

No no no, that wasnt mean as an attack on the police, I was just making a point based on the differences between the AFP and the NSW Police Force.

Then again, intrestingly enough, Mrs.Sportivo was telling me that she received the blue carbon paper copy of the ticket, however what she posted was clearly a white piece of paper. But I will leave that well alone. I'm done.

blue paper? no no you know that paper people put inbetween so they only have to write on one sheet and the blue paper inbetween imprints onto the 2nd copy?

sorry just dont know what thats called - and if u know what i am actually talking about you would know that its very hard to read the 2nd copy

please don't...

This can be the example on which future forum policy is based.

yeah your right, leave it

this way people can also learn that you shouldnt make accusations and name-calling cos its really immature yeah?

Edited by mrs.sportivo

please don't...

this way people can also learn that you shouldnt make accusations and name-calling cos its really immature yeah?

Are you really trying to start this up again? You will not win.

I will take back calling you an idiot, and simply say that you made an incredibly stupid decision today, and that you should be ashamed of yourself, as well as considering yourself the most lucky person in the world.

Now grow up or I will close this topic.

...you know that paper people put inbetween so they only have to write on one sheet and the blue paper inbetween imprints onto the 2nd copy?

sorry just dont know what thats called...

Carbon paper ;)

LOL then why is micky_tee saying i didnt get a blue paper ? its the letters and whats written thats imprinted which are blue onto the white paper?

Edited by mrs.sportivo

...you know that paper people put inbetween so they only have to write on one sheet and the blue paper inbetween imprints onto the 2nd copy?

sorry just dont know what thats called...

Carbon paper ;)

Exactly what I said above ;)

Except I misunderstood, I thought she meant she kept a blue page, but I guess there is just the blue 'ink' page like on old receipt books.

please don't...

Are you really trying to start this up again? You will not win.

I will take back calling you an idiot, and simply say that you made an incredibly stupid decision today, and that you should be ashamed of yourself, as well as considering yourself the most lucky person in the world.

Now grow up or I will close this topic.

no im not starting this up again, just thought i'd end it like that since Leroy wants to be a smarta55 why cant i? plus it was replied back to him not you.

close the topic or not LOL i dont really care

win what ?

DONE

Edited by mrs.sportivo