[WA] OLD AHG Thread...

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really? i normally run mine at 290kPa which is like 42psi.. correct me if im wrong.. sounds wrong doesnt it? but i have never had problems

lol u will find that the middle of ur tyre wears out well before ur sides die.. your tyre placecard recommends 32psi all around and usually add 10% to tht to improve handling and fuel economy (apprantely) so 34 is prob what u wanna run it on normally but 42?! dude.. on a cold day maybe you can get away with it.. imagine on a hot day and a long run.. it will get up to maybe :S 48 psi? ouch!

deflate those tyres!!! have them on 34 or smething but on the day put them up to 38 or 42 if u like :)

Seems to be some various thoughts on tyre pressures on here so I'll clear a few things up.

I strongly recommend you do not run lower than 38psi cold. After you do your first session adjust pressures so that they are around 40 psi hot. I have found going to 36psi hot I get wear marks up my sidewalls ;) and over 45psi hot you lose grip. Don't be supprised if after you first go out you see a rise of 8psi or so, it beats peeling a tyre as it does happen. Another benefit of having too high a pressure is it slows the car down and forces you to enter slower to avoid understeer and learn more as everything is happening slower. I run 40psi on the street too, I get even wear at that pressure. If you're worried about wearing center of your tyre by going to 40psi for a day of racing, just remember you are only doing it for 30km at best. I would be more concerend with toe and camber settings as the outside shoulder will cop a pounding.

The worst pressure gagues for measuring are those pencil ones and the digital servo gauges are out by up to 10psi, so buy a proper dial guage one, they don't cost that much more than the pencil ones.

I can't comment on exactly what AHG want from you guys, but this thread here has a lot of info needed for doing track days.

wow great progess man.. n oh good effort ken geez...u guys r actually doing things

btw will there b a meet after the whole thing..?? cause i dont wan my aurion feel left out :P

neway great stuff keep it up n mayb ill pop by n spectate :D

ppl with lift stingy bast@rds... xD hahaha.. *cough* *cough*.. yeah danny boy..give me a LIFT :P i need 1..hahaha..i should poop b4 i go..just in case :P

Y-try..come with ur aurion :) we promise we love u big time :D do u have insurance? :P *wink* u`ll understand when u`re at the meet :P

just wondering, r u guys going straight home after that or going to somewhere else 4 lunch? if yes, i will try to meet up u guys after 1pm if it is not too late for everyone. Otherwise, i have to make it next time. <_<

just wondering, r u guys going straight home after that or going to somewhere else 4 lunch? if yes, i will try to meet up u guys after 1pm if it is not too late for everyone. Otherwise, i have to make it next time. <_<

we will have a meet after AHG and i PROMISE i will post the details up ASAP!

DO MY IDEA lol, I should of organised the meet :whistling:

DO MY IDEA lol, I should of organised the meet :whistling:

all updated check here

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...t=0&start=0

for more details :)

Cruise? :D me want lead xD

prob bring u guys to some place i dont even know .. muahahha..

all get lost 2gether...adventure :D anyone up for an adventure? :D

not an unplanned one :P

Edited by Kenneth

FRIENDLY REMINDER

DOUBLE DEMERIT STARTING 20 MARCH 2008

OVER THE SPEED LIMIT BY 9KM/H will get you a $150 fine with 4 DEMERIT POINTS

!!!!!

DRIVE SAFE N BE GOOD

n happy easter :P

Edited by J e r e M y

• 2 weeks later...

Orite so i`ll lay it out straight..my fren obviously doesnt want to pay up cos he`s not goin..so what i propose is this..u guys (meaning my fren who is not going and you) split the cost with another person who is in the AHG thing already..he can have double the time..

Or if someone who isnt in the AHG wants to be in it but reckon it`s too exp..you guys can split the cost too..

Please let me know asap

Orite so i`ll lay it out straight..my fren obviously doesnt want to pay up cos he`s not goin..so what i propose is this..u guys (meaning my fren who is not going and you) split the cost with another person who is in the AHG thing already..he can have double the time..

Or if someone who isnt in the AHG wants to be in it but reckon it`s too exp..you guys can split the cost too..

Please let me know asap

Doesn't really make sense to pay extra I don't think because how will we keep track of who has done what?? Best option get someone else in - saves a bit of drama

Please let me know asap

Doesn't really make sense to pay extra I don't think because how will we keep track of who has done what?? Best option get someone else in - saves a bit of drama

Yes sean..u have pointed that out to me..n i agree.. :( just split with anyone who wants to join..