[WA] OLD AHG Thread...

c208_1.JPG

will this do the job?

Yea but any motor cycle helmet will do, I'm going to borrow an open faced one from my mate it looks like the ones you see bikeys wearing (glossed black)

Also Ken thanks a tonne for organising this I am all paid!

Edited by Seano

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol S15 = ownage x 10000

Will be interesting how all the cars will stack up, especially the 929

yeh im thinking the same thing but will be more interesting to see the diff between 1zz and 2zz on such a small track...

lol S15 = ownage x 10000

Will be interesting how all the cars will stack up, especially the 929

ron and i was on the track last times.. maybe my crappy tyres and auto + he was running on konis.. that gave few seconds diff.. (maybe its just my crappy driving :))

it's recommended you pump your tires 10% higher than normal, but for me i wanted to test the settings of my car in real-world conditions without extremes.

my tires are always on 36psi, even on the day itself.

take out any loose items in your car, etc. and you'll need to wear long sleeved top and pants/jeans. and shoes as well.

it's a good chance to test the limits of your car, and enjoy it without any cops around.

just a comparison, my times were on par with a modded RX8 (pod, exhaust) on the day in dry and wet conditions. not too bad for a FF 1.8 N/A corolla.

btw, try not to focus too much about beating everyone. try and work on your own driving techniques, etc.

at this stage i'll pass on this event, as i've got to send my car in for a major service soon. my side might be organising one soon as well and so far we've got: me, R34 GTR, WRX (maybe 2), Supra (NA) confirmed.

it's recommended you pump your tires 10% higher than normal, but for me i wanted to test the settings of my car in real-world conditions without extremes.

take out any loose items in your car, etc. and you'll need to wear long sleeved top and pants/jeans. and shoes as well.

it's a good chance to test the limits of your car, and enjoy it without any cops around.

just a comparison, my times were on par with a modded RX8 (pod, exhaust) on the day in dry and wet conditions. not too bad for a FF 1.8 N/A corolla.

btw, try not to focus too much about beating everyone. try and work on your own driving techniques, etc.

at this stage i'll pass on this event, as i've got to send my car in for a major service soon. my side might be organising one soon as well and so far we've got: me, R34 GTR, WRX (maybe 2), Supra (NA) confirmed.

u`ll def wont c me there :D

hahaha.. sounds like alot of fun thou ey

Awsome stuff. Im a new TOCAU member, sounds like you guys are getting out there and doing things. See you all at the next cruise.

To add to what saints01 has said:

By any helmet I think they mean car or motorbike helmet, open or closed face without any random holes, cracks or acid etching in it. Might want to check with AHG weather or not the helmet needs an AS1698 sticker on it.

Covered shoes, leather uppers. Cotton socks but I dont think they will check your socks.

Clothes should also be 100% cotton. Collar or no collar does not matter.

Edited by Coltage

Awsome stuff. Im a new TOCAU member, sounds like you guys are getting out there and doing things. See you all at the next cruise.

To add to what saints01 has said:

By any helmet I think they mean car or motorbike helmet, open or closed face without any random holes, cracks or acid etching in it. Might want to check with AHG weather or not the helmet needs an AS1698 sticker on it.

Covered shoes, leather uppers. Cotton socks but I dont think they will check your socks.

Clothes should also be 100% cotton. Collar or no collar does not matter.

they werent too fuss about the helmets and the clothing the last time i went :P

a guy i was talking too from perth rex said you need long sleves and pants?? is this correct.. they should have a list of requirements somewhere anyways..

dont wear singlet, short pants and tongs.. of course gna get kicked out..but yeh i emailed the lady and told her to give me all the info :)

Edited by Kenneth

a guy i was talking too from perth rex said you need long sleves and pants?? is this correct.. they should have a list of requirements somewhere anyways..

i know thats definately the rules for motorplex but never been to AHG so dunno but will bring a jumper just in case

a jumper? man i find it a bit stuffy the car with a jumper on, tryin to concentrate and all.. might bring a long sleave just in case..

will jeans be ok? so normal closed shoes will be alright?

full length gear

last time i was there i had cargo's, long sleeve shirt and sneakers

i think the point is to be covered

yeh your rite mate! looked up all the info last nite and i says you need crash approved helmet, long sleeves/pants and closed shoes :whistling:

im just going to wear overalls and boots lol

rofl if its rainy then yeh :P if its 39 deg day u'd die :P but yeh it wont be stuffy in the car.. hv ur windows down :D its good :P but make sure its all way up or all way DOWN

i suggest u look at your bank account ken.. i've paid off my debt to u.. now to sit back and relax :yahoo::yahoo:

:nopity: J e r e M y will be at the side watching

XD lols :(

its alright buddy.. they're will be plenty of people on the side spectating.. i'm guessing the atmosphere would be great.. :rolleyes:

:nopity: J e r e M y will be at the side watching

XD lols :(

its alright buddy.. they're will be plenty of people on the side spectating.. i'm guessing the atmosphere would be great.. :rolleyes:

only one person on the track @ a time.. the other 9 will be chattin with u