Fog lamps on KX-R

brougham

does anyone know if you can get the KX-S/Grande fog lights on the KX-R either as an added accessory, or just buying the part from Spare Parts? I'd rather buy the KX-R, but really want the fog lights as I reckon it's looks a bit odd without them.

anyone?

thanks.

Hi, Ive enquired as my KXR is on order. You need two (or really four) parts; 2 x surround bezels (this is the painted part of the bumper that replaces your black plastic rings) and 2 x driving lights.

Castle Hill Toyota have quoted $65 for each bezel, and $320 for each light. All the wiring is their in the KXR, but you also need a switch installed in the cabin to turn them off and on. ANother option might be to replace the indicator stalk to one that includes the fog light setting - not sure whats involved there.

I plan to get the Toyota bezels, and then look for aftermarkets lights that fit them.

Hi, Ive enquired as my KXR is on order. You need two (or really four) parts; 2 x surround bezels (this is the painted part of the bumper that replaces your black plastic rings) and 2 x driving lights.

Castle Hill Toyota have quoted $65 for each bezel, and $320 for each light. All the wiring is their in the KXR, but you also need a switch installed in the cabin to turn them off and on. ANother option might be to replace the indicator stalk to one that includes the fog light setting - not sure whats involved there.

I plan to get the Toyota bezels, and then look for aftermarkets lights that fit them.

How about the switch - do you have a switch on the right side indicator stick? If not you may have to change it too. And also the wiring on the dash need some big job (I think you have to get it out to put the wires in), so that it show up the fog light signal on the dash.

Hi Taka, I believe the wiring is already there (realy etc) to put a rocker switch in on the dash. We already have a blank panel on the dash (KXR models) thats there to be popped out and used for additional options.

Not sure whats involved in replacing the indicator stick, but we definetly dont have the foglight option on it, i checked already.

Just an update on this discussion, some people in the states are successfully fitting OEM Camry fog lights into the Kluger bezels.

I had my eye on the Camry lights, as the Kluger/Highlander really has its unpinnings as a Camry/Aurion wagon..

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthre...9104&page=3

The Camry fogs are the same diameter as the HL, you screw the lights directly to the bumper on the pre drilled holes provided for that. the bezel I refer is the plastic covers that installs from the outside and goes on the bumper. I imagine that you can modify the ones from the base model but if you buy the ones from Toyota they come painted in your car color
Yes, you can use factory wiring since the lights have H11 connectors same as the factory wiring.

Yes the lights go directly to the bumper and only uses 2 screws.

I bought the factory switch assembly and factory relay. but if you want to install the wiring, relay and switch that comes with the kit you can also do that.

Edited by Scott_C

Boleh, I placed a call to a supplier today. Im waiting for them to get back to me on the dimensions of their lights. The latest Ive read on the American forum is that the 07 Camry and 07 Yaris sedan lights are the same light. They are both supposed to fit the bezels on the new Kluger.

Ill let you know when I find out more, i plan to install fogs onto my KXR in the next few weeks.