selling my baby

HI, pity I didnt get onto this site alot sooner! I have an 87 celica convertible, jap import. I have owned her for 18 mths,( most of that off the road due to no licence.) Unfortunatly I have to sell her as we have moved to the country and i dont want to see such a great car get ruined. It is starting to have a few minor cosmetic probs, ie the roof will need to be retrimmed soon, needs a new right hand visor and a small bingle on the front left guard. Other than that it has been an excellent car, never had any mechanical problems at all, has new powersteering and has been tuned and serviced regularily. Becuase of the particular model I have found it difficult to find info on it. I believe its an ST 162? anyway its 5 speed, 2ltr, 4cyl. Can anyone give me an idea on its worth? and the best place to sell it? Have only seen 2 others like it, one just went on ebay pimped out for 25,000!!! cheers!

Ok now mods don't 'CLOSE' this ok... lol. It doesn't seem to be a for sale thread, a mere enquiry.

Tara, try www.redbook.com.au to seek a figure as to what it's worth privately.

TRied redbook, can never sem to find a convertible listed, only coupe,any more ideas?

There honestly wouldn't be too much difference I think, especially given the fact that the actual roof will need work done to it also (a vital component).

I'd say advertising it for $3,900 is feasible, based on the fact that it is in sound mechanical condition as you claim.

There honestly wouldn't be too much difference I think, especially given the fact that the actual roof will need work done to it also (a vital component).

I'd say advertising it for $3,900 is feasible, based on the fact that it is in sound mechanical condition as you claim.

lolololol, very funny! been offered quite a bit more than that! think i may pimp it up a bit first, suddenly i have the time and some funds, the roof is not a major drama, just the trim, apparently no biggy, rest of roof is in A1 condition. ta for your input!:)

lolololol, very funny! been offered quite a bit more than that! think i may pimp it up a bit first, suddenly i have the time and some funds, the roof is not a major drama, just the trim, apparently no biggy, rest of roof is in A1 condition. ta for your input!:)

new rims, exhaust etc, mmmm wish could keep it!!! damn and!@#$%^

I was actually being serious. The last one I saw here at Evo Motorsport (when it existed) went for $5000 odd from the dealer. I took that and redbook into account.

Obviously I 'hope' you get as much as you can for it of course.

you could try selling it on ebay i dunno i tried selling my car on there but and hardly anyone bid then the winner rang up and told me he didnt have that much money tried to lowball me over the hone i told him to p*&% off then i found out his mate who was funnily enough another bidder who was next in line tried the same thing i gave up in the end ebay sux!

you could try selling it on ebay i dunno i tried selling my car on there but and hardly anyone bid then the winner rang up and told me he didnt have that much money tried to lowball me over the hone i told him to p*&% off then i found out his mate who was funnily enough another bidder who was next in line tried the same thing i gave up in the end ebay sux!

thanks for the heads up, i have a few mths to sell it.will advertise it on the goldcoast. hopefully someone who has a love of the older celicas will get onto it.

as it is I see it as a blank canvas that runs ohh so fine, its stock standard atm, though i did note that all the carpets are new. WOW! pmsl. I just bought a 4 WD this mornin, got sick of not being able to see over everyone else, or the front of the car for that matter!!!:)As long as i get back enough eventually to pay for new car I will be hapy, just dont know wether to spend some cash on celica first!!! such a dilema!!!! cheers

thanks for the heads up, i have a few mths to sell it.will advertise it on the goldcoast. hopefully someone who has a love of the older celicas will get onto it.

as it is I see it as a blank canvas that runs ohh so fine, its stock standard atm, though i did note that all the carpets are new. WOW! pmsl. I just bought a 4 WD this mornin, got sick of not being able to see over everyone else, or the front of the car for that matter!!!:)As long as i get back enough eventually to pay for new car I will be hapy, just dont know wether to spend some cash on celica first!!! such a dilema!!!! cheers

Gold coast, hmmm some bimbo,(not unlike me) lol, who is looking for a fun car may be the go. I have hired it out for formals in the past.

LOL DONT SAY THAT; I BOUGHT MY STIVO ON EBAY LOLOL for 17k man freaken BARGAIN

Thats not a bargain... most of them sell for much less than that now.

And I paid 11k for mine almost 3 yrs ago, now thats a bargain.

LMFAO oh okay then; mines not a bargain =(

i full thought i got it cheap and all LOL since every other stivo i saw was selling for like 20ishK

aish

LMFAO oh okay then; mines not a bargain =(

i full thought i got it cheap and all LOL since every other stivo i saw was selling for like 20ishK

aish

thats a bargain compaired to me paying 21k for mine over a year ago

got desperate after loosin my job so i tried sellin it but the fact it keeps getting broken into and run into means its loosing value faster than the asx on a bad day last time i listed it i got such a dismal offering on it i decided to just keep it and ride things out till i can get a ridiculously high paying job and turn things around something like a traffic controll job $30 an hour to turn a sign versus $20 an hour as a mechanic and people wonder why the motor trade is suffering a skills shortage

just call me lollypop man