Intercoolers

Zoran

Hi all,

My Celica incorporates a Water to Air Intercooler (as opposed to a standard Air to Air Intercooler).

With the fluids in the intercooler I can see that it is just water. What i was wondering was, Since its a cooling mechanism like the radiator could I/should I flush it and run a coolant mixture.

I wouldn't mind having the anti corrosion properties of the coolant but just don't know enough as yet about turbo systems and their appendages given that i've moved from a ST184.

Yes, definitely use coolant. Might also be an idea, if your running Toyota Red coolant in your radiator, then use a green coolant in the intercooler, that way when theres a leak, you will know where its from.

Absolutely!

there's buggar all body roll thanks to stiffer suspension.

compression in the motor is slightly different which helps when exiting the corners.

Steering is tighter, I found that the ST184 in comparison can be steered with nothing more than your pinky finger, as a safety mech when the GT4 is moving into corners the steering will stiffen acting as a damper of sorts. That being said understeer is eliminated (almost) leaveing over-steer depending on how hard you hit the curve. Grips like a bastrad!

Whereas the ST184 stays loose regardless ( a good and bad thing)

otherwise the both cars maintain a low center of gravity and wide wheel base.

so the gt4 is much better then, i might rethink my idea to get coil overs (if there are any) for car and just save for gt4 and work on that, would you say that the all wheel drive helpa out alot with the understeer when exiting a corner while acceleratting?

so the gt4 is much better then, i might rethink my idea to get coil overs (if there are any) for car and just save for gt4 and work on that, would you say that the all wheel drive helpa out alot with the understeer when exiting a corner while acceleratting?

Except in a WRX.

Its all dependant on the diff set-up, and where the higher % of the drive is coming from. In the Evo IX's, you can adjust the diff setting from High (tarmac), to medium (gravel), and to low (snow :P). All it really does is push more drive to the rear wheels.

That being said, I would imagine if you pushed an old GT-4 hard enough it would still understeer into a tree.

AFAIK, the st-185 has a longer and wider wheelbase than the st-184.