How old is your Corolla?

How old is your Corolla?  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I only just changed the ORIGINAL brake pads the other week after 285,000km of driving

LuckyOliver-3362817-blog-3d_silver_exclamation_mark.jpg

Yeah I know, but I checked with my dad (he owned it before I did) and he never had the pads changed in the 220k that he drove it, and I've certainly never had them done under my watch until now. Rotors have been machined because they were warped, but the pads weren't changed (and that was only 30k or so ago).

The reason they lasted so long is that for those first 220,000km it was country driving, 300km each way with a brake at each end once a week and 50km to and from the mine each day, car was doing 1000km a week. Very little wear on the pads that way

• 3 months later...

BODY 7/10 MECHANICAL 8/10 GEARBOX IS STARTING TO REV OUT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE... :whistling:

BUT OVERALL RELIABILTY SINCE I'VE HAD IT IS 10 EASY STILL STARTS FIRST GO EVERYTIME, IDLES FINE...JUST A SHAME BOUT THE MISMATCHED PAINT ON THE HOOD AND RIGHT GUARD :P

1st car ae92 seca 4afc bought at 120,000 had untill 280,000.. few mishaps with a starter motor and waterpump but there was alot of abuse throw at this car :P over all all 8/10..

currant zze 122 bought at 75,000.. close to 120,000 now..10/10

Edited by AZA51

Mines a 2002/3 Levin purchased 2007 nov with about 145K klms. not spent anythi gon it other than maintenance of course.

compared to my last car a 1993 RVR with 200K on the clock which cost me just under $8000 in repairs and maintenance in the 18 months I had it ..well im absolutely impressed by the Corolla. Only problem is due to the last owner or installer of the CD player as now the fascia around the cd player and airvents there refuses to pop entirely backinto the dash.

oh also under light braking they feel a little , odd, considering the kilometres its probably pads or worn/warped slightly rotors. But under emergency braking the 6 year old ABS and EBD are awesome in the few times I've had to brake hard.

10/10 !!

Edited by Smithy

• 7 months later...
I've got an 02 Rolla Ascent Hatch,Light modifications here & there,Never skinted on rubber,Good quality oil & always 98 octane fuel,Its done 115 thou on the clock got it second hand with 33 on the dial,Religously serviced every 5 thou ,at first it did motorkhana now it a baby carrier,Never changed rotors only pads (coz its a Jap rolla not the sth african model)

Its feeln its age now but ill give my girly another birthday next week so it'll last a lil longer,I'll give mine a strong 8 out of ten..

Update..its just clocked 131 thou..still a strong 8 out of ten,needs a respray but?

9 Years old... AE112R sedan, she still going strong... on 111XXX KMs :D.

No problems just yet... *touch wood*

Edited by 11TWO

I'd give it a 10.

Almost 6 years & 80k (around 15k per year), needs a major service but i've been putting it off for the last 2 years <_<

Clutch and brakes are strong and the paint is still in very good condition despite being washed maybe two or three times a year. Inside the seats and carpets are holding up well, the a/c is ice cold and there have been no broken panels or switches or electrical faults.

Sounds like I neglect my car but then again I don't drive too often, usually once or twice a week. FWIW most of the k's were clocked up in the first few years commuting up and down the F6...