Advice.... 08 Corolla

Hi everybody,

I bought an 08 Corolla hatch today and was just wondering if I got a good deal? Toyota is having their Toyotathon sale at the moment, so keep that in mind as well.

We chose an 08 Corolla Ascent, Manual, in Wildfire (I would have prefered the navy blue or grey, but we bought off the lot), has air con, tinted windows, front power windows. We got it for 22k drive away, but after checking the 'build your own' on the toyota website, it doesn't seem like we got such a great deal. The car on there says it is $21,890 + dealer charges. I just feel like maybe I could've talked them down more. I'm just not good with negotiation.

Thanks heaps guys

Hi everybody,

I bought an 08 Corolla hatch today and was just wondering if I got a good deal? Toyota is having their Toyotathon sale at the moment, so keep that in mind as well.

We chose an 08 Corolla Ascent, Manual, in Wildfire (I would have prefered the navy blue or grey, but we bought off the lot), has air con, tinted windows, front power windows. We got it for 22k drive away, but after checking the 'build your own' on the toyota website, it doesn't seem like we got such a great deal. The car on there says it is $21,890 + dealer charges. I just feel like maybe I could've talked them down more. I'm just not good with negotiation.

Thanks heaps guys

that seems about right.. I got an auto sedan ascent with a few things and I bought for around 24k. So you should be happy with that.

Edited by o12lando

Hi everybody,

Thanks heaps guys

i paid $22490 D/A in feb for a 08 ascent , 6m , silver , cruise pack , w/tint , mats , m/flaps also with a good trade in price on my ba . The air and front p/windows are standed , also had to wait 3 weeks for mine as not many are shipped with the cruise pack ($700 option).

What's done is done. You have a great car now that's all that matters.

Yep .

Also the the change over price is what i really go off .

eg my 03 ba futura i traded needed a new winscreen , 4 tyres , new bushes in the rear end :blink: , was 6k overdue for a major service , drivers side had scratches all down it , a big dent in the drivers door :angry: and the trany was starting to make some weid noises :help: but i was offered $12000 trade in.

Ok , so I actually think it may be an '07 model. I know, not much difference but still. Also went and looked at it today and noticed it has some scrathes, since it's on the lot and stuff. Is this something I should ask them to fix? I'm thinking of maybe asking them to throw some alloys on there as well. I do have a 3 day cooling off period, so can back out.

Any thoughts on the colour?? Wildfire?

Ok , so I actually think it may be an '07 model. I know, not much difference but still. Also went and looked at it today and noticed it has some scrathes, since it's on the lot and stuff. Is this something I should ask them to fix? I'm thinking of maybe asking them to throw some alloys on there as well. I do have a 3 day cooling off period, so can back out.

There's no shame in asking for a bit more. Ask and see what they say in my opinion. You've got a great car though. Period.

I see you hail from the land of the mounty. /tips hat

There's no shame in asking for a bit more. Ask and see what they say in my opinion. You've got a great car though. Period.

I see you hail from the land of the mounty. /tips hat

I do indeed, but am now in Aus