What Are Paseo's Like?

sketra

Who is Riko? That bloke's EL54 is from England I think. I'm 22 - I doubt I would of had the artistic flair to make a brochure way back in '94 (Crayons aside) ?

Haha....I'm El Cheapo :toast:

$8 K can easily get u a 98+ model Starletto. (e.g. my 1997 was $4k with 142,000km + FSH!) ... or a 99-00 Echo (100k+kms :()

Lol ok no worries

Starlet 4EFTE conversion FTW :toast:

Edited by Seano

Well we are hoping to get a RX Impreza.... but still looking and starlets are ewwwies..... to girly, even for me!

You wouldn't say that if you saw a GT Starlet.

I look at it this way, at least you're not getting a Mazda 121 bubble. That car was specifically designed with input from the female Japanese populous.

Or a Rav 4. The Rav has aimed at the gay market in the US (nothing wrong with that either or course). That is an actual fact.

Well we are hoping to get a RX Impreza.... but still looking and starlets are ewwwies..... to girly, even for me!

I look at it this way, at least you're not getting a Mazda 121 bubble. That car was specifically designed with input from the female Japanese populous.

Or a Rav 4. The Rav has aimed at the gay market in the US (nothing wrong with that either or course). That is an actual fact.

You do realise its for her boyfriend dont you?

You do realise its for her boyfriend dont you?

Yes. Hence the 121 and Rav 4 remarks.

There's nothing wrong with Starlets. I'm sure RME1 didn't feel girly in one. We drive Corolla's anyway. They're just overgrown Starlets in my opinion (with a motor and box from a celica course, that of which is classified as a hairdressers car by many of the weak minded).

You'll always get stereotyping with cars in my opinion:

Commodore = Bogan

BMW = Sick Uleh

WRX = Unoriginal try hard (which is a rather harsh stereotype for a decent car to be honest), and also 'Sick Uleh'

Honda = Rice

Ferrari = "Hi I need to compensate."

Ah I seeeee cool

All good hombre.

Curse the internet for its inability to cross communicational barriers, thus confusing us all.

i think its time we put a stop to this evil interweb and free mankind from its trecherous ways!

I still haven't driven mine as it's not registered but looks pretty good quality. One thing I should point out is the cost of parts is rising rapidly, the front bearings are one of a kind jobs as far as I'm aware and cost a couple hundred or more PER WHEEL, I ended up just getting the old ones repacked (if anyone knows where to get them cheap I'd like to know ;). The rear bearings were not so expensive. The shock absorbers are fairly dear, I spent $500-$600 on all 4. I spent $60 on a set of boots for the front shocks too so fairly pricey. I believe the 91 model I bought was the old air conditioning system and has since had a retro fit kit added to make it compatible with the new gas, that would be something to consider when purchasing a car in the mid 90s. Always using the correct coolant is a good idea as the one I bought had just had the engine replaced due to a corroded head.

Are the wheels everyone is referring to as being no good the 14 inch alloys with plastic center caps? They're not too bad if you just need the car as a shopping trolley like I do.

• 3 weeks later...

I got mine registered and have been driving it today. I have to say I'm not used to such a tiny engine, cruising around town under 3000 rpm feels like the motor is barely putting out any power, and putting the foot down does nothing. Above 5000 rpm there's a bit of power happening. Does anyone happen to have a power/torque curve graph of the stock engine?

I got mine registered and have been driving it today. I have to say I'm not used to such a tiny engine, cruising around town under 3000 rpm feels like the motor is barely putting out any power, and putting the foot down does nothing. Above 5000 rpm there's a bit of power happening. Does anyone happen to have a power/torque curve graph of the stock engine?

Linkage <- None stock 5EFE but you get an idea. Look under 2nd Gen 5e-fe

The 5E-FE is an economy engine, was never made for speed power...or anything really. Good torque for it's displacement and smooth delivery but thats about it

Edited by Seano

Well let me just add now that he owns a VT series 2 commo..... haha he loves it better then the rolla cause of more power..... haha anyhow

Well let me just add now that he owns a VT series 2 commo..... haha he loves it better then the rolla cause of more power..... haha anyhow

Haha at least he will fit in with the rest of the commo drivers in Mandurah. Everytime I go to super cheap or the forum in Mandurah my poor little Corolla sticks out like a sore thumb

• 3 weeks later...

He can always get a sportivo. The Ecotec V6's 'are' more powerful though (they have an extra 6kw over the 2zz-ge :o oh noes!)

I have been driving my Paseo for a couple of months now. Since replacing the engine oil with Penrite HPR10 I noticed a difference in how the motor runs, before with the $10 oil it was very sluggish, now it seems to have the expected response when putting the foot down. Is that a possibility or is it more psychological?

Anyway now it has to be by far the favorite car I've ever owned

I have been driving my Paseo for a couple of months now. Since replacing the engine oil with Penrite HPR10 I noticed a difference in how the motor runs, before with the $10 oil it was very sluggish, now it seems to have the expected response when putting the foot down. Is that a possibility or is it more psychological?

Typically speaking with low capacity engines on of the bestest cheapest mods you can do is changing your oil to the best quality, lowest wattage oil you can get. good thin oil = less resitance = more efficient engine.

• 3 weeks later...

Typically speaking with low capacity engines on of the bestest cheapest mods you can do is changing your oil to the best quality, lowest wattage oil you can get. good thin oil = less resitance = more efficient engine.

I wouldn't recommend anything apart from Royal Purple 10w40. AMAZING oil, has been doing wonders for my new engine :)