What Are Paseo's Like?

sketra

Well im trying to convince my other half to get a Paseo, now he isnt a fan of them.. But all you Paseo owners... can you tell me the good and bad point about them?? thankies, muchly!

Well im trying to convince my other half to get a Paseo, now he isnt a fan of them.. But all you Paseo owners... can you tell me the good and bad point about them?? thankies, muchly!

Well I use to own one as most of the Paseo owners on here know, its a cool little car and good fun to drive. It gets points from me for the unique factor, and if you lower them with an intake/exhaust its like driving a go kart. Rims would be high on my mod list if i got another one, stock steelies/hubs are crap. The 5E-FE is very very cheap to run, although your mileage will suffer on the older models.

It is NOT a fast car by any means, out of the factory they only produced around 100hp for the older model (91-95), 94hp (96-98) for the newer model and thats about all you'll get without spending around 10-15k on a turbo conversion/4efte conversion. Also the new look Paseo is a bit of a girly car and needs some rims to give it a bit of cred.

Also if you tall like me (I'm 6"3) you will be moving your seat as far back as possible to get comfortable, and the back seats aren't much better with almost nil head room (just as bad as the celica of the same year) - you need to be a dwarf to fit in there. Fortunately the head room up front is good, and if your not carting people around alot you should be fine.

The boot is tiny, if you put a sub in there you will be carrying all your stuff in the back seat/front passenger seat.

On the plus side you can get one relatively cheap now, and as a day-to-day cart it is more then adequate. If you are willing to spend around about 20k on mods for it you could get the car spec'ed up to a respectable level - how many turbocharged Paseos do you see cruising around?

My 2c

Edited by Seano

An EP82 Starlet GT engine will bolt straight in the STarlet and a Paseo!

A half cut is arounds 1.5-2.5K

So if u DIY, you won't need ot spend 20K to be super fly! :toast:

Man it's so cheap it is really tempting to buy a Paseo and a half cut to see if I can do the conversion, but thats precious $$ going away from my Sportivo project

Man it's so cheap it is really tempting to buy a Paseo and a half cut to see if I can do the conversion, but thats precious $$ going away from my Sportivo project

Best bet is to probably go down that S/C Sportivo path. More modern car, should be less hassles. Also, you should have technical support via Angelo, as he is using the BLITZ S/C kit. Have you contacted/ met him?

If his mechanic is the goods, why not get him to do the install for you?

Best bet is to probably go down that S/C Sportivo path. More modern car, should be less hassles. Also, you should have technical support via Angelo, as he is using the BLITZ S/C kit. Have you contacted/ met him?

Yea I know angelo we are tight! :P Will more then likely be looking at getting the S/C done last as I will need to do all the mods in stages as I need my car everyday. Suspension/Rims/Exhaust first and then probably try and get the Power FC working. Once thats done I'll get it blown.

Edited by Seano

Yea I know angelo we are tight! :P Will more then likely be looking at getting the S/C done last as I will need to do all the mods in stages as I need my car everyday. Suspension/Rims/Exhaust first and then probably try and get the Power FC working. Once thats done I'll get it blown.

I like how we have hijacked this thread :P

Well now you have a running mate with the S/C journey, just learn off his 'pluses and deltas' so your build can be smooth sailing :D

Suspension/rims/exhuast are all quick wins as they are covered already :toast:

i own a paseo, my first car, cant complain too much about it, its little easy to drive. get about 400-475km depending on how i drive, but its not bad from a 35l~ tank

i agree with serano, the car does need a nice set of rims, the stock hubs/wheel make the car look pretty bad, i'm very close to gettin rims for my car lols i hope

other then that its a good little car, just dont have any tall people in the backseat cos they'll complain about the headroom and how tight it is, damn them complainers

hope that helps

I like how we have hijacked this thread :P

Well now you have a running mate with the S/C journey, just learn off his 'pluses and deltas' so your build can be smooth sailing :D

Suspension/rims/exhuast are all quick wins as they are covered already :toast:

Lol we rule, go team!

Nice one with the FnF :toast:

You could always get coilovers in order to make the paseo handle a little bit better?

I drove my mates one, and he had power steering - it made it feel feather as light. The starlet i have doesn't have Power steering, and it feels more 'el natural' of sorts.

EP91/82 Starlet coilovers should be able to fit into Paseo. They share same suspension holes. Research required.

EP91/82 Starlet coilovers should be able to fit into Paseo. They share same suspension holes. Research required.

Yea one of the Paseo guys on this forum said Starlet and Paseo suspension is pretty much interchangeable interms of struts/coilovers.

Why would you want to be spending that much money modding a paseo? Coilovers, starlet engines, exhausts??? :blink:

It is a cheap car to start with, so 1. You are not going to get any performance without spending huge amounts of money, and 2. That car is only going to further depreciate - I cannot imagine reselling it for more than 3 grand. So you will have lost money on all the mods bought - as they will be worth more than the car. Coilovers alone!!

Definitely buy one as an A ---> B type car, as it would be cost efficient to run - but pllleeeeaaasse don't buy it with grand plans of making a pocket rocket.

Why would you want to be spending that much money modding a paseo? Coilovers, starlet engines, exhausts??? :blink:

It is a cheap car to start with, so 1. You are not going to get any performance without spending huge amounts of money, and 2. That car is only going to further depreciate - I cannot imagine reselling it for more than 3 grand. So you will have lost money on all the mods bought - as they will be worth more than the car. Coilovers alone!!

Definitely buy one as an A ---> B type car, as it would be cost efficient to run - but pllleeeeaaasse don't buy it with grand plans of making a pocket rocket.

Unless you want to, some people just enjoy modding

Who is Riko? That bloke's EL54 is from England I think. I'm 22 - I doubt I would of had the artistic flair to make a brochure way back in '94 (Crayons aside) ?

Haha....I'm El Cheapo :toast:

$8 K can easily get u a 98+ model Starletto. (e.g. my 1997 was $4k with 142,000km + FSH!) ... or a 99-00 Echo (100k+kms :()

Edited by RME1