Rav4 2007 - Seat Cover

xhean

You can get them as a genuine accessory - which are designed for side airbags (if fitted). BTW, if you have a Cruiser or Cruiser L (or a CV with safety pack), do NOT under any circumstances fit aftermarket seat covers. The outer bolsters of both front seats house your side airbags, and aftermarket seat covers will render them useless if you're t-boned by another vehicle.

• 2 months later...

i have been looking around for seat covers myself. i found a good firm on the internet called "Inland Australia" and they make custom covers. They make covers for front seats with airbags fitted too. This is the firm that actually supplies the seat covers to toyota australia...

When i bought my rav4 recently they told me there are no actual toyota australia covers for rav4s. so i want to get the sheepskin ones from Inland Australia. Have to save for them though... pretty expensive...

I am temporarily using some dodgy brothers ones from Supercheap Auto... they have a hole in the sides for airbags but I don't feel very confident with them as when you get them home and open the pack it says that they haven't actually been tested on cars with side airbags and they take no responsibility if they don't work. So I'm not entirely happy with this situation.... I should really return them.

Jacki.

• 1 month later...
i have been looking around for seat covers myself. i found a good firm on the internet called "Inland Australia" and they make custom covers. They make covers for front seats with airbags fitted too. This is the firm that actually supplies the seat covers to toyota australia...

When i bought my rav4 recently they told me there are no actual toyota australia covers for rav4s. so i want to get the sheepskin ones from Inland Australia. Have to save for them though... pretty expensive...

I am temporarily using some dodgy brothers ones from Supercheap Auto... they have a hole in the sides for airbags but I don't feel very confident with them as when you get them home and open the pack it says that they haven't actually been tested on cars with side airbags and they take no responsibility if they don't work. So I'm not entirely happy with this situation.... I should really return them.

Jacki.

Jacki,

I too am most interested in sheepskin seatcovers for my Rav4. Can you please tell me how much they quoted you for them?

Also, exactly what provisions do they make for the airbags to deploy?

Thanks.

Jacki,

I too am most interested in sheepskin seatcovers for my Rav4. Can you please tell me how much they quoted you for them?

Also, exactly what provisions do they make for the airbags to deploy?

Thanks.

hi! well i got quotes for sheepskin covers for front and rear seats: front - $400 pair, rear $550. bloody expensive really. the front seat ones are airbag compliant because they are basically "vest" style which don't cover the sides of the backrest. (hope that makes sense).

the same company (inland australia) also makes airbag compliant neoprene covers (ie wetsuit material) here http://www.thewetseat.com/. i have the impression though that the sheepskin front seat covers cover even less of the backrest than the neoprene ones. the quote i got for those is front $155 (this includes a headrest cover which is custom made for the rav4), and rear is $360. frankly i thought the rear seat quote was a bit rich.

i bought sheepskin covers for the front seats from supacheap for about $200, they are nice to sit on, but a bit cheaply made and the holes in the sides for airbag deployment seem a bit random. i am currently using a dodgy brothers seat cover which cost $30 from supacheap for the rear seats. my kids are like - how come you get the nice sheepskin covers mum!

did you get any quotes from inland australia?

Thanks Jacki.

No, I haven't got a quote from them yet as I am looking at other companies. And from what I have seen $400 is quite cheap. I assume this would not be the full sheepskin, but sheepskin with an acrylic skirt and back. The last set of sheepskin seatcovers I bought have acrylic skirts and backs and I bought them from Wooly Fleece 11 years ago for $750 (front and rear). They are still wearing well but the acrylic has gone a funny colour.

I have decided that this time I am buying seatcovers with full sheepskin...... Which is why I am saving.

I have put a couple of links here to you to look at.

http://www.sheepskintailors.com.au/index.html A friend of mine got seatcovers for her Kluger from these people and they are very good with no postage charges. For airbags they also make the vest style you talk about.

http://www.jumbucksheepskins.com/sheepskin_seat_covers.html They quote $750-900 for a front pair of seatcovers.

Happy hunting.