Toyota TRD Aurion 3500SL

SecaBoy

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

so on saturday 5/06/10 i went to a certain car yard in brisbane to look at buying a new car. i was ready to do a deal, but i thought i should wait till i get a couple of small 'dings' on the front of the car fixed first and also return it to standard before trading it in...

so anyway, i drove off and went to my mates place and left my car there all night while we went fishing...

we came back from fishing about 3am and i see that my car has been egged...

from previous experiance, i knew that eggs + paint = fuqed... so i just left it till i got up the next day and got it washed...

looks like there were 3 eggs and they hit:

rear window

boot lid

RH front guard

damage was pretty bad and the panels definitely needed to be resprayed...

anyway, dropped it off to insurance on tuesday 15/06/10 and here is the details of what is getting fixed...

LABOUR:

REMOVE & REFIT FRONT BAR COVER - $39.00

REMOVE & REFIT RH HEADLIGHT ASSY - $10.40

REMOVE & REFIT R/H/F GUARD FITTINGS - $33.80

REMOVE & REFIT REAR BAR D/A - $39.00

REMOVE & REFIT LHR QTR PANEL TRIM - $10.40

REMOVE & REFIT RHR QTR PANEL TRIM - $10.40

REMOVE & REFIT BOOT LID SPOILER ASSY - $52.00

OTHER EPA COMPLIANCE TOXIC & PRODUCT WASTE REMOVAL - $3.00

Labour sub-total: $198.00

PAINT

PAINT RHF GUARD - $142.50

PAINT BONNET POLISH - $20.00

PAINT REAR BAR COVER - $142.50

PAINT BOOT LID TOP POLISH - $20.00

PAINT BOOT LID LOWER - $114.00

PAINT RHF DOOR POLISH - $142.50

PAINT OVEN ALLOWANCE - $22.80

PAINT MIX AND MATCH - $22.80

Paint sub-total: $627.10

PARTS

NEW NEW 1 BOOT LID BADGE - $32.00

NEW NEW 1 BOOT LID DECAL - $25.00

NEW 1 RF GUARD BADGE - $31.00

Parts sub-total: $88.00

Sub-total: $913.10

GST: $91.31

Quote total: $1,004.41

apparently, it should be ready to be picked up tuesday 22/06/10. hopefully the painted panels wont look toooo different to the other panels... :(

anyway, after i get it back, i'll be going to sell it and get a new car.. well, that all depends on if the car yard still has the car i want in stock... :(

and no, not mentioning it on here of what car i'm getting until i actually sign on the dotted line, cause knowing my luck, they would have sold it already... :(

oh and those that know, please dont say anything either... :)

rowan you have reply... lol

seriously though guys... i'm not trying to be all secretive and sh!t like that... its just that if the car has already been sold, then there is no point talking about it cause i'll have to go back to the drawing board... :(

rowan you have reply... lol

seriously though guys... i'm not trying to be all secretive and sh!t like that... its just that if the car has already been sold, then there is no point talking about it cause i'll have to go back to the drawing board... :(

good luck with the sale and purchase of the new ride mate :)

hopefully the TRD goes to as good a home ;)

leaving now to pick up my car... soooooo excited!! :lol:

the decal for the door hasnt arrived yet though, so i have to go back on thursday morning to get it put on... :(

looks like they must have taken the decal off the door before polishing it.. :huh:

either way... WOOOOOO!!!

Well from what I can see at dusk, the actual repairs look quite well done. I'll check properly during the day though.

One thing though is that the drivers side window doesn't come up by itself anymore. :(

When you bring it up, you have to pull the window towards yourself and it comes up. If you don't pull it in, it stops half way. :(

Pretty poor on their part, but I'm sure they'll fix it.

Meanwhile, while I was waiting for my car to be cleaned, they got a call from a lady who had just picked up her car and the abs light came on while she was driving home. Errrrrr, not a good sign I thought. But then I thought that its just a once off mistake (albeit quite a big one!) and its nothing to worry about.

Ah well, I guess I'll just get them to fix it while they put the decal on. Good thing I'm not busy at work this week or next week and I can afford to take half a day off. Lol.

• 2 weeks later...

well, its been fun, but time to move on....... TRD will be traded in on monday hopefully for a brand new XR6T in Nitro with custom leather interior...

paper work has been done and signed, but just gotta wait for me to take a few of the aftermarket parts off the car and put the std ones back on...

anyway... i'll still be around spamming contributing as much as i can to the forums... :)

ah shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit......from hsv to f6 to xr6t lol

but mate imho you made the best decision by far!! car is half the price of the f6 it has the old f6 motor, you spend 2k on that motor and you will have 350kw+++atw.

you have any question about modding ask ive been involved with my mate doing up his ba and his mates bf. his making 380hpatw other one making 490hp atw

manual or auto? both equally as good, if manual only prob you will have is clutch when you get up near the 300kwatw mark. auto handles anything.

the xr6t forum are hardcore, you will think your car is the fastest ever.....until you go on a cruise with them lol

elite where we went for the dyno that time is one of the best tuners too dude

Edited by ELEGNT

hahahahahah mick remember at the round about at coffs........................."falcons for live" huge cloud of water and smoke haha

BAGS 1ST SHOTGUN

Edited by ELEGNT

yeah rowan, at the end of the day, i couldnt justify spending 20-25k extra for such little gain...

if i spent that $$$ on the xr, it'll beat the fpv in every way...

the mods should be fairly basic at the start... still want to keep the factory warranty for at least a year...

oh and its the ZF auto box... what an auto!!! this is the auto that toyota should have used in the aurion... its amazing!!!

mick: i'll be doing nothing BUT skids... :D

yeah, i'll still be coming to the meets.. even if you ignore me, i'll still be there... :P hahaha

i dont know about keeping them humble... std vs std, i think it'd be a fairly close run...

Nah, it's all black with the stitching the same colour as the car.

And then the headrests have 'xr6t turbo' stitched into it. That will be in the same fonts/colour as the rear badge.

I can still change the design and colour of leather, but I'm pretty set on it because it's fairly 'normal' so it shouldn't have to worry about someone not liking it when time comes to sell the car.

I still may change the middle of the seats to beige, but I think that will look a little tacky.

Shotgun third joyride. I'm personally not a fan of Fords but fuk those cars are weapons. So much potential. Certainly will be fun.

Sad day in the TOCAU community,were losing a TRD and i'm losing my Buddy Club bro. :(

anyhooo congrats on the purchase mate,pretty sure your gunna enjoy this thing a lot,i know my best mate won't stop banging on about his and rightly so,that motor & auto are a very nice combo. :)

dont worry, i'll probably get another set of buddy clubs for the new car... :D

i love those wheels too much!! :D haha

it is sad that i'm selling the TRD... its honestly been a great car for me and i still love it...

the ONLY reason i'm getting the xr6t is cause i'm constantly on the quest of more power, and the trd just doesnt give me that option... :(

plus the fact that i'm pretty sure these sh!t auto boxes would break with 1hp more... :lol:

i still fail to see why they didnt use the zf box... if ford can do it, i'm sure toyota coulda done it... yeah i know the whole "cost saving" bullsh!t, but if they integrated the zf box in all their cars, the cost would not be that much higher and its a better box in every single aspect!

anywho, thats a completely seperate point and really not worth discussing because toyota will never change.. :lol:

*sniff* i will greatly miss the trd though.. its treated me well even when i've pushed it to the limits... :D

would have liked to see it stay within the community, but i dont think anyone would be in the mind set of upgrading...

plus, i got a really surprising trade in figure from ford... i think they shot themselves in the foot to be honest... :lol:

gotta get used to the rwd car now... EEK!! hope i dont crash in the first week! lol *touch wood*

NO JOY RIDES!!!! :angry:

only skid rides!!! :lol::spiteful:

just kidding... i'll behave myself! :D