4x100 - Looking for New 18's for white pre-facelift

IMB055

G'day guys,

Looking at replacing my Starcorps with something different for my white pre-facelift sportivo......I still like shadow chrome but will look at anything.

Those of us stuck with 4 stud wheels are starting to get the raw end of the deal here - a few years ago, most manufacturers and importers had tons of variety - now things are starting to thin out..........would love to do a 5-stud conversion so I could get what I really want

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_clos...mp;part_no=1198

but I think cost

Anyhow, this is what I am thinking of from Tempe......

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_clos...mp;part_no=1197

Keen on them because they give me the shadow chrome centre with polished outer lip with a little bit of dish.

What do you reckon? I know 18's have a compromised ride over 17's but from a looks perspective I don't want to go backwards

One think I hate about 4 stud wheels these days is that they are generally multistud, which i think ruins the appearance of the wheel.

True in many cases. I have seen some butchered attempts at making a 5 stud style wheel which is clearly a five stud wheel fit a 4 stud and it doesn't look any good. HP Racing had one and the bolt holes looked like an afterthought. I think the 4 stud Lenso Muse was an example of a wheel which still looks decent in a 4 stud - but they seem to be discontinued........

Any suggestions? If you reckon I am making a poor decision let me know........

One think I hate about 4 stud wheels these days is that they are generally multistud, which i think ruins the appearance of the wheel.

True in many cases. I have seen some butchered attempts at making a 5 stud style wheel which is clearly a five stud wheel fit a 4 stud and it doesn't look any good. HP Racing had one and the bolt holes looked like an afterthought. I think the 4 stud Lenso Muse was an example of a wheel which still looks decent in a 4 stud - but they seem to be discontinued........

Any suggestions? If you reckon I am making a poor decision let me know........

You can get them, but i believe they don't make them in a 4 stud any more, well at least in 18'w. May need to ring around, but it is an old wheel so may be out of luck. Plus buying discontunied wheels, is a bad idea, just incase you bend 1 and it can't be repaired.

Heeeey Nath!!! how are you?! changing rims i see... i like the second choice. what size are the starcorps coz on ur car they look big...sont know why youd want to go bigger if they were 17s.

keep me posted !!!

Good point re: discontinued wheels Punk Rolla - I don't want to drop cash on something that one pothole could destroy in a second with no prospect of replacement!

================================================

G'day there Klara - great to see you're still around! :) Hope Uni is going well! Yeah, the Starcorps are 18's - still want to keep with 18's, just time for a change. The Corolla has been sitting quietly for a while waiting for me to finish the house - now that's (99.8%) done, time for a little reward for it waiting patiently for attention in the garage :yahoo:LOL ...... it's either that, or I look at upgrading. but to be honest, there isn't really anything around at the moment that catches my attention, without dropping 60k.

================================================

I think I have now moved more towards these in an 18......shame the boltholes wreck the design a little in the centre (bloody 4x114.3 people....), but by having the spokes go all the way to the rim they look a bit bigger than the GF7's What do you reckon??

http://www.talebtyres.com.au/products_clos...&part_no=38

• 3 months later...

Well, after months of putting it off I bit the bullet and got a set of Lenso Tenzo GF-7's in Hyper Black (essentially Shadow Chrome) - I''l whack a pic in under Show Us Your Wheels :)

18x8 though. I'm currently hunting for 18's and won't go more than 7.5 in width. The extra 1/2 to full inch will make a difference if you're sitting on superlows all round. I'd prefer an offset of 40 too. The only thing I've found is that it's an absolute pain to try and narrow down wheel tastes will factoring in the specs.

I've been trying to find imitation Carlsson's (18x7.5) which I've seen on a silver sportivo on here, but can't find anything as an example. It's frustrating.

Edited by oO_CorollaSportivo03_Oo

wow 18" on Corolla! Why so big??!!

Id go 17" MAX, but id never buy junk from Tempe!

18 is the largest you'd want to go anyway. I believe that some of the ones in Europe came standard with 18's on them (the T-Sport models).

TTE even make 19x7 inch wheels as an upgrade for them I'm sure, but that's going too big in my opinion.

Ozzy and Tempe aren't as bad as you think. It depends on what you buy from there. Konig and Lenso are fantastic wheels as an example.

I have black 18x7.5 with polished dish on a 03 wagon and its ben lowered 5 inches at rear andi doesnt scrub out or anything. I got them from ozzy tyres and they are fine. Id go the 18s personally B)

• 2 weeks later...
Konig and Lenso are fantastic wheels as an example.

Compared to BBS, Rays, Work etc they are complete ****.

true and true...

lenso and konig are reasonable for what you pay for them.. and for the price you pay for a set of 16"/17" (lagit) Rays or Work lightweights, you probly could get 2 sets of lenso or starcrops in 18" with the typical nanking tyres...

i'm currently looking for a set of 15" or 16" Rays so i can use on the tracks... and i'm looking at spending about $1000 for second hand wheels only...

at the end of the day it's up to you,, if your after looks or practicality... but remember, you get what you pay for. ;)

at the end of the day it's up to you,, if your after looks or practicality... but remember, you get what you pay for. ;)

Indeed you do.

If you roll on Tempe wheels like Lenso/Konig, I wouldn't hold it against you - some people want the look and don't want to splash out that much on wheels.

However note not all good quality wheels are expensive - Buddy Club P1 Racing SFs can be had for $378 per 17" wheel.

Edited by Wink