Need Advice on purchase of Aurion

Bruster

I guys, im in the market for an Aurion in the coming months after i buy my house

and just wondering what your thoughts are buying a new Aurion based on the current Fuel Prices.

everyone says its bound to go up even further, and i dont want to spend most of my money on Petrol.

the other draw back is if petrol continues to rise will the value of the Aurion keep coming down because less people would want to drive V6...

so my dilema is should i buy V6 or go for a smaller car...although i need the space for Pram, shopping daily routines.

Might I suggest the current Camry then?

Its smooth for a 4 cylinder car.

I heard the fuel consumption on the camry is not that much less then the aurion.

the other option i have is ford focus and honda accord second hand of course.

wat bout the new honda? looks ok, V6 and can switch to 4cyl when u want it~ i think its a good concept as nowadays less people want v6 or above cars(especially overseas, US, and so on).

But from driving experience or camry05 and aurion06, aurion is still fine, although i found my camry's petrol consumption is much higher(bcoz of same weight?)

Get aurion, and when time comes that petrol is 1.99, THEN we get LPG~

All depends on what you want out of car ... totally your choice ... luxury and the joy of driving a REAL nice car ... yes maybe heavy on fuel, in your eye's, then go the Aurion. If your more concerned about running costs then might I suggest the Prius ... not quite my cup of tea .... my avatar is what I prefer. Happy hunting .... hope u find a happy medium

on my trd, its currently showing 11.9L/100km... and thats because i just got the car... so everyone that sees me for the first time since i got the car says "come on, take me for a spin!"...

i reckon after the novelty wears off, i should be seeing about 11L/100km..

when i drove down to the gold coast from brisbane, sitting on 110 the whole way, my fuel economy was showing 10.1L/100km... which is actually less than what toyota say it does... :D

i was getting an average of 10-11L/100km in my old Honda Accord Euro... so to be honest, its not that much difference...

oh, something hilarious was this though...

i filled up fuel and reset all the trip meters and then came outta the petrol station and stood on the gas...

the fuel economy thingy showed 38.9L/100km... :lol: HAHAHAHAHAA...

i backed off after that... :lol:

Petrol is probably the most obvious expense of running a car but the reality is it's a pretty small part of the cost of NEW car ownership.

If you can afford a new car and I mean truly afford it not just afford the repayments petrol cost isn't a big thing.

Depreciation and interest cost will be the big expenses with a new car. With a second hand car it's different as usually it will be more running and repairs and maitenance costs.

Fuel wise the differnce between an Aurion and any small econmoy car is small unless you do a lot of km a year.

For example say the Aurion does get 10L/100km on average and a Pruis gets say 5L/100km which is then at $1.50 a litre for petrol and 10,000km a year the Prius costs $750 a year on fuel and the Aurion $1,500 $750 a year more or about $62 amonth or $15 a week more.

At 20,000 km a year it's just double again. $1,500 more etc.

So the petrol cost difference betweenan Aurion and anything else really will be less than $125 a month on petrol. If you only just making the repayments its worth considering.

Also worth remembering that your $40k new car will lose $20k in value over the first four years ownership and that's $420 a month!

Might I suggest the current Camry then?

Its smooth for a 4 cylinder car.

I heard the fuel consumption on the camry is not that much less then the aurion.

the other option i have is ford focus and honda accord second hand of course.

In fact on the sticker on the new cars the ca,ry consumes more... Aurion at 9.9 the Camry 10.2 or soemthing like that.

THe only reason why u would choose the Camry, is cheaper to buy and cheaper to maintain being a 4 cyl car.

If petrol is your thing then i would advise going to diesel, but make sure its a good one though.

They reckon petrol will hit 3 dollars and more in 5 years time, if it does, definately impact on demand and price on large 6's.11

I guys, im in the market for an Aurion in the coming months after i buy my house

and just wondering what your thoughts are buying a new Aurion based on the current Fuel Prices.

everyone says its bound to go up even further, and i dont want to spend most of my money on Petrol.

the other draw back is if petrol continues to rise will the value of the Aurion keep coming down because less people would want to drive V6...

so my dilema is should i buy V6 or go for a smaller car...although i need the space for Pram, shopping daily routines.

If you are getting new or new-ish.. look into a Novated Lease even if you can afford it outright... everything gets taken out pre-tax.. insurance, rego, maintenance, petrol...

All depends on what you want out of car ... If your more concerned about running costs then might I suggest the Prius ... not quite my cup of tea .... my avatar is what I prefer. Happy hunting .... hope u find a happy medium

I think not for the Prius, you have to run many many many years to get break even - save the planet, yes; but save money on petrol, no

BH

Edited by BanHien