Indian Premier League T20

selyaT

Sup guys,

Got pretty excited last night watching Brendan McCullum hit 158* off 73 balls including 12 sixes. This is going to be one crazy competition. It's about time someone has taken the idea of club cricket and turned it into something that we usually only see in football codes.

Here are the teams and notable players (incl all aussies involved):

Kings XI Punjab

Yuvraj Singh©, Irfan Pathan, Brett Lee, James Hopes, Mahela Jayawardene, Simon Katich, Luke Pomersbach, Kumar Sangakara, Shaun Marsh, Shantikumaran Sreesanth.

Bangalore Royal Challengers

Rahul Dravid©, Abdur Razzaq, Mark Boucher, Nathan Bracken, Shiv Chanderpaul, Anil Kumble, Cameron White, Ashley Noffke, Dale Steyn, Jacques Kallis, Ross Taylor.

Chennai Super Kings

MS Dhoni©, Stephen Fleming, Matt Hayden, Michael Hussey, Albie Morkel, Jacob Oram, Makhaya Ntini, Muttiah Muralitharan.

Delhi Daredevils

Virinder Sehwag©, AB De Villiers, Dan Vettori, Tillerkeratne Dilshan, Brett Geeves, Glenn McGrath, Gautam Gambhir.

Deccan Chargers - Note the batsmen

VVS Laxman©, Hershelle Gibbs, Scott Styrus, Adam Gilchrist, Andy Symonds, Shahid Afridi, Rohit Sharma, RP Singh, Chamara Silva, Chaminda Vaas.

Kolkata Knight Riders

Sourav Ganguly©, Ricky Ponting , Brendan McCullum, Ishant Sharma, Dave Hussey, Agit Agarkar, Chris Gayle, Shoaib Akhtar.

Mumbai Indians - WTF sort of name is that?

Sachin Tendulkar©, Harbhajan Singh, Sanath Jayasuria, Dom Thornely, Lasith Malinga, Shaun Pollock, Ashwell Prince, Luke Ronchi(not listed as a wicket keeper?), Robin Uttapa.

Rajasthan Royals

SHANE WARNE©, Graeme Smith, Shane Watson, Younis Khan, Justin Langer.

A few teams are a bit light-on for international talent and others are packed full of world class players. I guess it depends on how much cash the owners had. To my knowledge Andy Symonds in the most expensive player at 1.35million US$. Think about the batting order for the Deccan Chargers... Holy sh!t.

Watched a bit of the Kings XI v Super Kings last night, interesting stuff.

I had a few too many Wild Turkeys so I think I was mostly amused by the team names :lol:

Watched a bit of the Kings XI v Super Kings last night, interesting stuff.

I had a few too many Wild Turkeys so I think I was mostly amused by the team names :lol:

Even without the Turkeys I'm amused, Mumbai Indians?!?!?! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

20 20 is the form of the game that will attract big crowds of people who aren't real die hard cricket fans because of the spectacle that it is. I've been to 3 matches and it is just awesome especially when someone is trying to belt them out of the park!!!

20 20 is the form of the game that will attract big crowds of people who aren't real die hard cricket fans because of the spectacle that it is. I've been to 3 matches and it is just awesome especially when someone is trying to belt them out of the park!!!

Totally agree. I don't go to tests or even one-dayers because I'd get bored and spend a week's wages on beer alone. But I like the idea of a quick game with teams under pressure to tonk them over the grandstands.