What Fuel Do You Use In Your Corolla? and How Many L/100km?

What Fuel Do You Use In Your Corolla? and How Many L/100km?  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just drove form Canberra to Melbourne and used Caltex Vortex 98, 120kph most of the way and did not use lift once.

Results:

After 659 kilometers I filled the tank with 52 liters.

-12.67 kilometers per liter, 7.9 liters per 100 Kilometers

I drive a 05 Sportivo with CES exhaust, headers and CAI.

I think that I used to get better fuel economy without all the mods, Are the above results fairly standard or should I get the car checked.

• 2 years later...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wondering which fuel is better, the normal unleaded or the unleaded e10 (ethanol)? the unleaded e10 tends to be abit cheaper but im not sure if its better for the car, i have a corolla Levin Zr 2011 model.

I was just wondering which fuel is better, the normal unleaded or the unleaded e10 (ethanol)? the unleaded e10 tends to be abit cheaper but im not sure if its better for the car, i have a corolla Levin Zr 2011 model.

Tends to be a bit of a personal preference thing. The E10 stuff (which contains up to 10% ethanol) tends to be a few cents per litre cheaper and allegedly deposits less carbon into the atmosphere, however it doesn't burn as efficiently so a number of independent tests have found that cars running E10 run slightly higher fuel economy numbers than cars running regular unleaded or premium (95/98) unleaded. This makes the difference over an extended period negligible (in terms of longer term running costs etc).

In NSW regular unleaded is being phased out (as the Government has mandated rules about selling 20% of all petrol sold as E10 etc) by July 2011 so you will have a slightly different choice soon (if you live in NSW of course...): E10 (which apparently has a slightly higher octane rating than the old regular unleaded, ie 94~95RON) vs 95RON premium vs 98RON premium.

FYI, according to the FCAI website your Levin will be useable with E10, as in fact most modern cars that only require 91RON petrol are. Hope this helps.

6.8 - 7.1 L/100 KM

for suburban driving in Sydney

Traffic jam, 7.4 L/100 KM

no traffic jam, 6.7 L/100 KM

driving 6th gear at 50km/h, no air con, 1 person

got CAI, that's why save 10% of petrol

If I use Shell or Mobil, the average is 7.1 to 7.4, compared with Caltex 6.8-7.1

BP ultimate

09Levin ZR with CAI.

City Cycle: 6.8~7.5

Open road: 5.8~6.4

Best to date: Brisbane to Bundy return trip 5.8ltr/100km aircon on all day, set to 22oC, one happy camper driving, no passengers....just some rum ;)

Tends to be a bit of a personal preference thing. The E10 stuff (which contains up to 10% ethanol) tends to be a few cents per litre cheaper and allegedly deposits less carbon into the atmosphere, however it doesn't burn as efficiently so a number of independent tests have found that cars running E10 run slightly higher fuel economy numbers than cars running regular unleaded or premium (95/98) unleaded. This makes the difference over an extended period negligible (in terms of longer term running costs etc).

In NSW regular unleaded is being phased out (as the Government has mandated rules about selling 20% of all petrol sold as E10 etc) by July 2011 so you will have a slightly different choice soon (if you live in NSW of course...): E10 (which apparently has a slightly higher octane rating than the old regular unleaded, ie 94~95RON) vs 95RON premium vs 98RON premium.

FYI, according to the FCAI website your Levin will be useable with E10, as in fact most modern cars that only require 91RON petrol are. Hope this helps.

Thanks alot mate, much appreciated :)