What Fuel Do You Use In Your Corolla? and How Many L/100km?

What Fuel Do You Use In Your Corolla? and How Many L/100km?  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just thought I would see which type of fuel people are using in their corollas.

Please post which model corolla you have and what fuel you are using and how many KM you are getting out of it on average.

Im personally using the 08 Corolla Levin SX on BP Ultimate.

Ive only driven about 1000KM with it, and I get about 600KM out of a tank.

Edited by Pauly

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get around 7 - 8L per 100km, and I drive a 2007 Corolla Ascent Hatch. The main reason I get BP premium 95 is because i work at a BP servo, and we dont have ultimate, and because even if we did have ultimate im not that rich :rolleyes:

91 octane is the minimum that my car is recommended for but i would never put ethanol blended fuel in, knowing the damage that it does to the internals and even the fuel seals.

This poll infers that Mobil products suck. Mind you, their shopfronts do...

Vortex 95... or flavoured milk, depending on the price of petrol that week.

No idea how many kms - i have never been game to press the button for fear of losing count of my total mileage. :P

More than my old commodore, put it that way.

Car: 2002 Corolla Conquest auto

Just drove down to Canberra with a fuel tank full of BP Ultimate over the weekend.

On the return drive home, filled up with a little under a quarter of a tank left. At that time, the trip meter counted 550kms or so.

Usually driving around town with Ultimate, i average a little less than 600kms. Btw, I dont drive with 'Overdrive turned off during peak hour traffic

Which leads me to the question about driving with 'Overdrive... what are the Pros & Cons ? if any..

yURI

:unsure: apologies for side tracking topic

Edited by ¥URO

I get about 750kms a tank. :clap: I do 60:40 hwy and city driving.

Car: 2007 Levin ZR 6sp

Fuel: any 98 octane yields similar figures

Findings: No significant performance advantage of 98 octane compared to 95 or 91. However, I do get about 60kms more on average if I fill up with 98 octane. This probably offsets the extra cost. Thus there is probably little if not minimal gain when compared to normal fuel in terms of milage.

Average fuel consumption p/100 km: 6.8L B)

2004 Corolla Sportivo

BP Ultimate Or Caltex 98 Octane

540 kilometres a tank and then the fuel light kicks on.

Moderate driving, with a bit of lift on the weekend.Plus alot of traffic stoping during the week

ahhhhh ..... another fuel consumption thread .......

for the record 9.5L - 11L per 100km's when normal driving then roughly around 15L-16L per 100km's when im boosting all over the shop ;)

I just thought I would see which type of fuel people are using in their corollas.

Please post which model corolla you have and what fuel you are using and how many KM you are getting out of it on average.

Ive only driven about 1000KM with it, and I get about 600L/100KM.

600L per 100KM hahahah wtf do you do? That's the worst fuel consumption i've ever seen! You'd need a petrol truck driving alongside with you to get anywhere.

I use Caltex Vortex 95 in my 2008 Levin ZR Manual and get around 600kms out of the tank. Avg fuel consumption is 8.4L/100Kms city driving.

Edited by Saj

Ive only driven about 1000KM with it, and I get about 600L/100KM.

600L per 100KM hahahah wtf do you do? That's the worst fuel consumption i've ever seen! You'd need a petrol truck driving alongside with you to get anywhere.

I use Caltex Vortex 95 in my 2008 Levin ZR Manual and get around 600kms out of the tank. Avg fuel consumption is 8.4L/100Kms city driving.

lol woops I should have said I get about 600KM a tank lol.

• 3 weeks later...

car-05 rolla sportivo

milage-at best, 8.3L/100km; at worst, 10L/100km. thats with lots of lift action :P

so 500-600 a tank..

i dont know if its me but it seems that freeway driving for me consumes more petrol than going a slower route coz of the short ratios.

for example, freeway (100km/h) car sits at 3400rpm in 6th. long route (70km/h) car sits well below this, hence less petrol used..

any thoughts?

car-05 rolla sportivo

milage-at best, 8.3L/100km; at worst, 10L/100km. thats with lots of lift action :P

so 500-600 a tank..

i dont know if its me but it seems that freeway driving for me consumes more petrol than going a slower route coz of the short ratios.

for example, freeway (100km/h) car sits at 3400rpm in 6th. long route (70km/h) car sits well below this, hence less petrol used..

any thoughts?

3.5k rpm in 6th is pretty high man, are you sure?

On average, a car travelling at between 80-90 are at its most efficient state from what i know and experienced. i use less fuel travelling at 90km/h than at 100km/h on a freeway on all three cars i've had, ranging from 1.6litre to a 1.8 to a 3.0.

Use Caltex 98 (whatever it is called) as I am on a fuel cards with Caltex and Shell (and there is no Shell PULP at the moment) my choice is somewhat limited.

I am currently getting 6.8L/100km in my manual Levin SX. The car is in it's 4th week of it's life and I should hit 5,000km on the way to work tomorrow, almost all the driving is highway/motorway (300km round trip to work)

short ratio gear box = high revving at speed,

approx. 4100 rpm for 120km/h

so at 100kph you can guess it isn't too far below 4100RPM

I use BP Ultimate and expect 550 - 600km per tank (last one must have been **** fuel as I ran out in 450km)

Edit: my car is a 2004 Sportivo