What Fuel Do You Use In Your Corolla? and How Many L/100km?

What Fuel Do You Use In Your Corolla? and How Many L/100km?  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2004 Corolla Sportivo

BP Ultimate Or Caltex 98 Octane

540 kilometres a tank and then the fuel light kicks on.

Moderate driving, with a bit of lift on the weekend.Plus alot of traffic stoping during the week

yea i get the same on my 03 Sportivo not too bad i think compared to Holdens geez they can guzzle some fuel!

I have a black 2005 corolla sportivo, have had it since october 2007 and only ever used BP ULTIMATE - probably because i work for BP!! So of course i highly recommend the "liquid gold" as it is termed by my regular customers!

I dunno how to convert L/100km, but on average i get 600km to a tank, give or take, but because of the price of fuel in Tas, ie as at todays date (16-5) we are paying 175.9cents per litre!! Ouchi i know so i fill up every half tank, roughly 350 - 400km per half tank (top half). This is all city driving, 50 - 60kms lots of traffic lights, stopping and starting!!

• 1 month later...

Own an AE82 get about 480klm before the fuel light comes on. So I'm guessing just over 500 per tank. Use 91 Octane, it's all peak hour driving, so I'm not sure if that good for a car that 21 years old? :huh:

I have a 2007 6 spd manual ascent sedan.

Suburban driving about 8.5 l/100km.

On a couple of Canberra to Sydney trips it averaged 6.2.

I feel that now it has a few kays it has improved.

Some of you guys are getting excellant economy outta your stivo!

I do most of my driving most of my driving on highways or roads where there is not many traffic lights and can only consistantly get about 7.8-8L/100km. We should start to think about how much it cost for us to travel per kilometer instead of how much we can get per litre, then it would look more serious!!

$1.65/L multiply by 8L/100km = $13.20

$1.70/L multiply by 8L/100km = $13.60

Less then 5 years ago petrol was only $0.8/L, would of costed me less then $35 to fill up per week compared to the $70 or so I put into my tank each week.

I wonder when we will see a big impact on daily traffic once the petrol prices hit about $2/L

Some of the Ethenol Blends seem to be missing from the list, such as: -

United 95 RON (10% Ethenol Blend),

United 98 RON (10% Ethenol Blend).

I would have thought it would have been more obvious that all the Caltex fuels had been lobbed into one, considering the number of people who'd use Caltex (esp. Vortex) compared to E10

I have 05 levin, ran it on Shell V-Power but only managed like 530 and it took 40 litres to fill it back up again. (light was on)

I feel that its consuming more than when i had first bought it from the dealers. Hasn't had a major service yet, do u guys think that having one will improve consumption?

Cars just clocked 40000 k's.

Thnaks.

I have a 03 Ascent and i get about 450 - 480kms out of tank i tend to use 98 ron either vpower or mobile (v power tends to last longer) But then again i do alot of stopping and starting! Which uses more petrol. Also is due for a service in about 2000kms...maybe onces thats done i could see more depending.

I usually use Caltex Vortex or Vortex98 if the station stocks it, depends on proice too, use to always be V98 (or VPower if what was there). Mostly cause I worked at a Caltex casual when I save for our hosue deposit and I would be able to then check for consistant results, plus just conveniant.

Get over 600 klms easy from every tank. most I got was about 670+. ThoughI just fill up once a week now so usually by about 350-450 klms.

I get 600km out of a tank of mobil s6000 in my my08 levin zr 6sp driving through the dandenongs. Im averaging 7.2l/100km

if i drive it until its REALLY empty 8l reserve included i should get around 700km out of a tank.Should i expect better economy

when the engine loosens up a bit? as ive only done 3000kms.

Im glad to hear that some are getting around 10L/100KM.

I was very surprised to find that out about my 05 Seca.

I filled up the tank and reset the trip meter and drove it until the light went on (all city driving).

Then I filled it up again and noted how much it took. Checked the trip meter and id only done 460km. It took 46L to fill.

I expected better. When I can afford to do a country test ill post the results.

I use Vortex 98.

I check my tire pressure every 2 weeks.

I check my oil every month.

I can't remember the last time I hit lift. In fact, I can't remember the last time I depressed my accelerator further than about 10% of the way down.

I pull about 7.5 L/100.

Not bad for an 03 Sportivo :). This is all driving into Sydney (Via North Sydney to drop the wife off) every day.

Edited by Blade Hunter

I use BP Ultimate. I drive a 2005 Corolla Sportivo. I have had the car only a few weeks, I did zero my trip meter when I filled up last time. I did 334km's on half a tank or as good as half. That is stop, start driving mainly and short trips on the motorway. I have been driving very easy since I got the car.

yay i finally crack the sub 10L/100km mark

the past weeks fuel economy has ended up @ 9.94L / 100km's from the stivo :lol: :lol:

i mustnt have boosted much over the last week. :lol: :lol:

oh and Vortex 98 FTW!!!!!!!!

Strange that,

i usually only fill up with Unleaded at Caltex cause its better and i can easily get 600k out of a single tank :D

maybe i should upgrade...

Evo

Shell V Power, previously used Optimax but V Power is a marked improvement. Tried a few others but not that impressed, neither was the engine - seems once its got a taste for the good stuff...........

yes i know it has a self caliberating ECU that's why when you make a change but i did this with other high octane fuel and the car responded poorly?

I return an average of 36mpg in the cooler months and 32mpg when its warm.

Edited by AE102

Strange that,

i usually only fill up with Unleaded at Caltex cause its better and i can easily get 600k out of a single tank :D

maybe i should upgrade...

Evo

That's amazing! What's your driving style to get 600km out of your Ascent on normal Unleaded??

I want in! ahaha =D

I know the above was directed at a different person but thought I would post a few findings on fuel economy.

For my most recent tank I have pushed the accelerator no further than 10% and have changed at 2K - 3K revs. I am not finding too much of an improvement over my usual driving style which is a little heavier on the pedal (about 20 - 25% depressed).

HOWEVER, for the first 150 K's, I had two extra people in the back with a combined weight of around 260 Kilos I would say.

Considering my missus and I have a combined weight of 140, this is a large difference and I noticed even though I was not pushing the car hard, I was still going through the fuel in that 150K's rather quickly as it takes more fuel to provide the power to get the car up to speed.

I usually change around 2 - 4 K on the tacho anyway so no big change there. I found the biggest boost to my economy was fortnightly checks of tire pressure.

Short version, Best fuel economy tips according to me:

Tire pressure,

Remove excess weight from the car,

Push your accelerator no further than 10 - 15% of the way down,

Shift at 2,500 to 3,500 revs

Run a good premium unleaded fuel (I prefer Caltex Vortex 98)

Make sure you have the oil in the car at or just below Maximum and change the oil and filter regularly, gooey gummy old oil will retard the motor and reduce performance against fuel used.

Hope that helps someone.

Edit: Hehehe, in saying all this, I am about to get rid of the fairly economical Sportivo and get an auto 6Cyl Camry Azura :P

Edited by Blade Hunter