Philips Xtreme Power Light Bulbs (test drive)

Taka

I will freely admit I'm replacing the standard incandescent bulbs with LED but they are the right size, I've had the key in the ignition turned to accessories and tested the LEDs they work fine, just have trouble keeping them in and worry they will fall out whilst driving.

Whofan

Did you say you replaced the 'park-lights' (the duller small globes near the headlight globe proper) with LEDs? If so, which ones did you use pls - I'd be interested in doing the same with mine.

Also, did you do the same with your rear park/brake light globes?

Cheers

Roger.

Edited by Kahnx

I will freely admit I'm replacing the standard incandescent bulbs with LED but they are the right size, I've had the key in the ignition turned to accessories and tested the LEDs they work fine, just have trouble keeping them in and worry they will fall out whilst driving.

Whofan

Did you say you replaced the 'park-lights' (the duller small globes near the headlight globe proper) with LEDs? If so, which ones did you use pls - I'd be interested in doing the same with mine.

Also, did you do the same with your rear park/brake light globes?

Cheers

Roger.

G'day

yes park lights.... front only. I did this out of necessaity as I noticed one had blown, just after a service too, doh! :o

So I went into an Autobarn on the way home from work to perform some essential beer shopping ;) and as I was walking in the store I was greeted by a salesman.

He took me immediately to the globe section, looked up and down the carosel (sp?) and coulnd't see them there, I was a little deflated at this... so then he goes behind the counter and pulls a package off the wall hanger and hands them to me. He said these are LEDs and should last longer than the incandescent bulbs.

Cost me $9 for the pair.

I'll try and take some photos tonight if I remember and post them here, both of the Kluger after install (I'm very happy) and of the packet so you see what to look for on the shelves.

I was a little scared that the LEDs would not look great with the existing headlights which are still factory bulbs but to be honest I quite like the contrast in yellow headlights and white parkers....

Edited by whofan

• 2 weeks later...

I've taken a shot of the wedge LEDs I used to replace the front parkers.

Please note that I had already changed the bulbs as I was taking this shot so the bulbs you see in the packet are NOT the LEDs, these are the incandescent bulbs taken from the Kluger (one blown).

post-17976-127011611557_thumb.jpg

I've also taken a couple of photos to show you what the lights look like at night, one with flash one without.

post-17976-12701174171_thumb.jpg post-17976-12701178728_thumb.jpg

Edited by whofan

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed my Philips X-tremePower H4 Bulbs today, tested them tonight; all good!

I would not sy athat they are +80% more light, however they are better than OEM.

I just installed my Philips X-tremePower H4 Bulbs today, tested them tonight; all good!

I would not sy athat they are +80% more light, however they are better than OEM.

Yes I agree. Don't know how they measure 80% more light but yeah it is at least better. I will say much better.

Mine both blown since the thread started. So they don't last forever. At least you can buy them single unit @ Autobarn for the same price getting 2.

Hi all, quite new here but reading the posts for a while. I'm close to make a decision on buying a Kluger....(or a CX-9?)

I was a little scared that the LEDs would not look great with the existing headlights which are still factory bulbs but to be honest I quite like the contrast in yellow headlights and white parkers....

Can you post a photo with the lights on to see the contrast of the LED and the standard lights?

Mine both blown since the thread started. So they don't last forever. At least you can buy them single unit @ Autobarn for the same price getting 2.

How long do the bulbs lasted?

Thanks,

Calichin

Yes I agree. Don't know how they measure 80% more light but yeah it is at least better. I will say much better.

Do you drive with your lights on all the time?

I do, will the bulbs only last a very short time then?

I have the light on all the time????

Grande has auto light detection so it will be lid when it is required.

Lasted since the start of the tread. Dead last month so just lasted 18-20 months.