Difference between an Aurion Sportivo and a standard Aurion?

I understand there are cosmetic features and different springs, but when I drove the two of them, the sportivo felt like it had more kick and a bit of a different sounding exhaust.

Is there something different between them or is my mind playing tricks on me :P

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

I understand there are cosmetic features and different springs, but when I drove the two of them, the sportivo felt like it had more kick and a bit of a different sounding exhaust.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Google?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

The one thing about the Aurion range (with the exception of the TRD) is that all models come with the same powerplant. The only drive related difference that the Sportivo's have that I am award of is the suspension setup. I haven't had the opportunity to drive any other models, so I can't really comment on any differences in performance.

I'm guessing that the difference in suspension will probably affect the overall feel when you are giving the Sportivo some throttle, but as for the exhaust note, I can't explain that one. Maybe it's your mind telling you to go for the Sportivo.

Speaking of suspension, does anyone know what the difference between the suspension is in the ZR6 in comparison to the SX6?

Speaking of suspension, does anyone know what the difference between the suspension is in the ZR6 in comparison to the SX6?

I'm pretty certain the suspension is identical between the SX6 and ZR6.

I don't think there are any different between SX6 and ZR6 in terms of spare parts and machine. In my opinion the different probably are only in interiors =)

However I never have a thought of the different between Sportivo and the normal one. My friend told me that My Sportivo looks lower than the other, probably the suspension do differ. I'll try to find out and will try to post if I found something different.

I test drove AT-X and ZR6 a few weeks after reading about the suspension difference.

ZR6 definitely felt firmer. The sales guy looked scared so I didn't test the body roll advantage I read about.

AT-X was cushy but bumpy road gave a softly "bouncy" ride.

But on the smooth side road it stunt me that I was speeding. Its so refined.

My friend felt the AT-X engine being smoother around 2-3k rpm but I noticed nothing.

Didn't pay attention to which was lower. Sportivo easily looks lower though with the side skirts.

I test drove AT-X and ZR6 a few weeks after reading about the suspension difference.

ZR6 definitely felt firmer. The sales guy looked scared so I didn't test the body roll advantage I read about.

AT-X was cushy but bumpy road gave a softly "bouncy" ride.

But on the smooth side road it stunt me that I was speeding. Its so refined.

My friend felt the AT-X engine being smoother around 2-3k rpm but I noticed nothing.

Didn't pay attention to which was lower. Sportivo easily looks lower though with the side skirts.

I'm don't know too much about how suspension works in fine detail, but I was quite surprised at how smooth the ride on the Sportivo is given how stiff the suspension is. On my old Camry, you could "bounce" the suspension, and the ride was nowhere near as smooth as my new Sportivo, where you can barely push down on the car. That being said, I do find the ride kinda bouncy at slower speeds (some bumps are amplified a little, but in a "springy" kind of way) on my Sportivo, but it's still rather smooth nevertheless.

Acording to Toyota, the AT-X has the same ground clearance as the Sportivo. The Sportivo certainly looks lower, and I think that is due to the side-skirts, front, and back bumper. When Toyota says they have the same ground clearance, I think they are referring to the underbody only.

Also, does the AT-X come with Michelin Energy tires? Where ever I read about the Sportivo, they mention the Michelin tires, so it would seem like it is another difference with them.

Edited by DJKOR

Agree on DJKOR that Aurion Sportivo is kinda bouncy compare to other new cars.. (whereas i am comparing when i got my new camry05 and aurion06)

So then i went to check out my friend's 07 camry, found that, Aurion sportivo is bouncy(NOTICEABLE).

Anyone in Vic has standard Aurion and persara that would like to meet and exchange ride to check if this is true?

It would be weird to say that different model of aurion have different suspension system, very weird.

I would imagine that Camry and Aurion's part will fit on each other.

Actually I am saying I felt the AT-X was the bouncy one.

And some may takes good tyres for granted, like me.

Our 2002 Camry Touring (they didn't have Sportivo back then) came with Michelin.

A few years later we change the tyres and asked for the same brand.

Only then we realise the stock tyres were relatively up-market stuff.

We had to settle for something cheaper, which was much noisier.

Actually I am probably not explaining myself precisely.

Sportivo felt firmer and gave a harder ride, I could feel the bumps more.

AT-X was softer, but the effect of bumps sort of ripples on a little.

In the end I went for AT-X's softer ride, selecting Touring.

Actually I am probably not explaining myself precisely.

Sportivo felt firmer and gave a harder ride, I could feel the bumps more.

AT-X was softer, but the effect of bumps sort of ripples on a little.

In the end I went for AT-X's softer ride, selecting Touring.

I understand what you mean about the "ripples". The Sportivo does that as well, but you usually need to go over a pretty decent bump to get that. Most common case is not slowing down enough for one of those metal speed bumps. That feeling is kinda weird. Of course I try not to do that intentionally for obvious reasons, but this all happened when I first drove it.

I would imagine the AT-X giving a smoother cruise, but I guess it all comes down to your own level of comfort. After all, I owned a '91 Camry prior to this and that felt like you were really connected to the road. So in this case, the Sportivo is a damn smooth drive for me.