Colour code

RUSTEM

Hey guys i just brought eyelids and TRD grill, i have resprayed them with white undercoat but i went to autoban and ask for a 040 colour code finish respray paint and when i finnished it turn out to be a totaly different colour like a cream colour if anybody had the same problem can they help me out he please :help::help::help:

Hey guys i just brought eyelids and TRD grill, i have resprayed them with white undercoat but i went to autoban and ask for a 040 colour code finish respray paint and when i finnished it turn out to be a totaly different colour like a cream colour if anybody had the same problem can they help me out he please :help::help::help:

I went to Malz to get paint..they gave me 7 types of 040 to choose from..lols

YellowWhite..CreamWhite...SuperWhite..n alot of crazy stuff..

I suggest u go to autopaint shop n get it professionally mixed..its cheap here..SHOULD be cheaper over eastern states..

1 spray can should be around $25 bucks...1L of spraying paint is like $18 bucks..

They`ll mix the colour till it matches ur car... :) Give it a try..

Hope this helps

i had the same trouble... i too have that same white(040)...

the white that autobarn gave you is not the right colour.... if they read the book properly the 040 that they gave you is for toyota corolla's UP TO 2000... don't buy anything premixed from autobarn... i made the same mistake and cost me about $50 worth of different 'white' paint...

my susgestion is go to a automotive paint shop and get them to mix it up properly (they are not hard to find), and as someone said above theres a few toyota 040 white's, toyota change the colour slightly but kept the same code... :blink:

what you want is a 040 super white, for toyota's 2000 and UP. the colour is a pure white mixed with a slight touch of black only.. and it matched my car with no problems (2002 corolla sedan)

hope this helps

orite with autobarn n all those car shops that mixes paint...they wont " customize " it to fit ur car..its a universal formula..all u they can do is mix that colour out for u..the colour looks different because of the " tear and wear " of the paint of our car..hence the difference between the paint..

but if u go to an autopaint shop..they will mix it according to the formula..then compare it to ur car..n add stuff or whatever they do with it untill it becomes exactly the same..

:)

orite with autobarn n all those car shops that mixes paint...they wont " customize " it to fit ur car..its a universal formula..all u they can do is mix that colour out for u..the colour looks different because of the " tear and wear " of the paint of our car..hence the difference between the paint..

but if u go to an autopaint shop..they will mix it according to the formula..then compare it to ur car..n add stuff or whatever they do with it untill it becomes exactly the same..

True, like when you take badges or door strips off, the colour might be slightly different... After leaving mine in the sun for a while you can't really tell... But for eyelids and grille definitely better to get it mized right first time... Thanks for telling me this guys because I was thinking of DIY repainting my eyelids using autobarn paint :) we've used it before on the chassis rail of Leroy's car and it was great, but as you all know that is under the bonnet so it's not nearly as important as the outside, we didn't really need a "perfect" match

True, like when you take badges or door strips off, the colour might be slightly different... After leaving mine in the sun for a while you can't really tell... But for eyelids and grille definitely better to get it mized right first time... Thanks for telling me this guys because I was thinking of DIY repainting my eyelids using autobarn paint :) we've used it before on the chassis rail of Leroy's car and it was great, but as you all know that is under the bonnet so it's not nearly as important as the outside, we didn't really need a "perfect" match

yea :P if its those things where its not DIRECTLY next to an old panel :P u can use those paint mixed by autobarn n stuff :P but if its eyelids n stuff..i`ll def say go find someone who can mix the paint according to ur car :P

there are these kinda shops, they mix it in front of you, and make it into a spray can paint.. i paid like $50 for one of it and nearly enough whole back bumper(camry).. which i helped my poor frien out.. cheapest way to fix some paint rather than sending to proper shop which cost $200+

Yah but I don't want to look like a douchebag taking 2 bits of fibreglass to a panel beater with my fresh hairstyle and riced up car :lol: :lol: :lol: my bonnet need fresh paint, might give them that too :D :D

... my bonnet need fresh paint, might give them that too :D :D

As does mine... combined quote? (keeping in mind I'm almost broke :( )

Dude I think it would only work if we were same colour :(