ACT Dyno Day Results

Did they give you a flywheel output aswell?

Mike

'flywheel' readings are fudged anyway.

The only way to get a true flywheel reading is pull the engine out and stick it on an engine dyno.

A few of us T Sport owners on the forum are having a rolling road day in June.

most places over here give a flywhell reading after letting the car run down on the dyno with no throttle - this apparently calculates mechanical drag working out what is being lost through the drivetrain.

Its interesting you say that as i've heard that a few tuners give elevated flywheel readouts - only problem is it starts with the manufacturer who gives bhp figures at the flywheel so you can understand why tuners give flywheel readouts. What should the stock power be at the wheels?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they give you a flywheel output aswell?

Mike

'flywheel' readings are fudged anyway.

The only way to get a true flywheel reading is pull the engine out and stick it on an engine dyno.

A few of us T Sport owners on the forum are having a rolling road day in June.

most places over here give a flywhell reading after letting the car run down on the dyno with no throttle - this apparently calculates mechanical drag working out what is being lost through the drivetrain.

Its interesting you say that as i've heard that a few tuners give elevated flywheel readouts - only problem is it starts with the manufacturer who gives bhp figures at the flywheel so you can understand why tuners give flywheel readouts. What should the stock power be at the wheels?

Anywhere between 100kw - 115kw depending on the climate by the looks.

Like I stated before, the only reason mick and I scored higher than a few other people on here could be because of how freaking cold it was that day. My nipples could have cut glass. Dyno's aren't totally accurate anyway. They give you a massive e-peen though.

The 2zz-ge's love cold dense air from what I've seen.

Let me be the first to say that Pulsars are terrible :toast:

I'd hold your tongue dude lol. That GA16 isn't even tuned properly yet and it's only 6kw behind us. He'll be pulling 130 - 140 soon methinks.

I'd hold your tongue dude lol. That GA16 isn't even tuned properly yet and it's only 6kw behind us. He'll be pulling 130 - 140 soon methinks.

Proof:

Pulsar + Turbo = Sportivo

Sportivo + Turbo = Xoom

Xoom = Win

QED.

(yes I am a nerd :rolleyes: )

Proof:

Sportivo + Turbo = Xoom

Xoom = Win

QED.

BiLoL wasn't even at the dyno day you noobhatzor!

I'll defend Pulsars to the death, because in reality they are similar to our cars in a few ways. Many people have done similar jobs to the GTiR Pulsars and come out with weapons, you can't deny that.

120.5kw atw with cai + filter? are u serious? any other mods u didnt list???

That's all.

If you want to count Canberra's dense 'close to minus degree' air as a mod then feel free lol.

I'll defend Pulsars to the death, because in reality they are similar to our cars in a few ways. Many people have done similar jobs to the GTiR Pulsars and come out with weapons, you can't deny that.

Yeah I like GTiR's, I was just being a Jimsky Equation

FYI that stagea ran 136 from memory. *** damn, that R31 was fun to watch though. He needs new coil packs and he'll be even more uber then.

I'll give you 6 in...I mean...10 inches of Robsy Equation if you d...wait wtf am I saying :o

Gigiddy...

FYI that stagea ran 136 from memory. *** damn, that R31 was fun to watch though. He needs new coil packs and he'll be even more uber then.

I'll give you 6 in...I mean...10 inches of Robsy Equation if you d...wait wtf am I saying :o

Gigiddy...

Nice results there boys, feel like big men showing up these cars worth half as much as yours? :P

I kid, I kid. Actually, I don't. Or do I?

That turbo pulsar looks like he has wasted him time with a T25 though, I really don't see a T28 fitting in there. Why go to the bother of doing a turbo conversion with such a toothpick turbo? Better to have full boost ramp on 1000rpm later and make 50-80 killer wasps more me thinks. Oh well to each their own...

That Stagea must be standard for 136. I thought the front driveshafts were a prick to do for the Stagea to go on a 2 wheel drive dyno, the GTR boys whine about doing theirs :P

GTiR Pulsars have potential, sure... 4wd, 1200kg kurb weight, standard SR20 turbo... but most of them on the roads now are really clapped out and been through multiple rebuilds already. I personally wouldn't waste time with a GTiR, SR20s are poopy donks. They make good torque for a 2L 4, but the 3sgte is a much better motor of comparative specs IMO.

And lollerskates at the riced R31, must have thrown some green at that poor old RB20. You guys know what turbo he was running? The standard RB25 made 220 without breaking a sweat in 40 degree temperatures ;) - well actually, it kinda blew up the dyno :lol:

Proof:

Sportivo + Turbo = Xoom

Xoom = Win

QED.

Last Year at the National meet on the way to Penrith......

xoom with 3 passengers

turbo N14 with just driver....

xoom FTW on low boost.....

then hit high bost for even bigger win...

Pulsar got cut and turned off....

Can it get any clearer than that????

Proof:

Sportivo + Turbo = Xoom

Xoom = Win

QED.

xoom with 3 passengers

If a fwd pulsar owner lived off 2 minute noodles and did the same job as Bill (which actually is the case, look up 'Ringers' from PGA), then you'd get the extact same result basically. He was running low 12's the same as Bill last time I looked. It's a fact. All you have to do it look at the relative 1/4 mile times that some of them put out.

I love Bilal, and want to have his babies, but I'm open minded enough to realise that a Pulsar with an SR20DET that has been pieced together properly is extremely competitive.

We should remember who the real enemy is anyway, the handful of SP23 drivers (note: handful) who believe that they are quicker than us.

Yeah, but 'what' is slower though? An SR20DE? A stockish SR20DET or an actual SR20DET that has had the same attention that Bill has given his?

SR20DE vs 2zz-ge, the 2zz wins hands down by 25 odd kw give or take at the fronts

Bill vs stockish SR20DET, It's bill. We know what he's done to that car. Bilal hands down.

Bill vs his evil clone in a worked SR20DET? It'd be very close. All you have to do is look at some of the times those guys are putting out.

Would they last as long as Bills though? I have heard that they have gearbox issues, and the maintenance is higher on them.

That's just my analysis on things.

One thing that I do 'not' agree with? Mazda 3 owners thinking they're faster than us because they a better torque curve...

...what were their 1/4 times and dyno readouts again? :lol:

Yeah, but 'what' is slower though? An SR20DE? A stockish SR20DET or an actual SR20DET that has had the same attention that Bill has given his?

SP23 dude. nice car but fat and underpowered to be sporty.SR20DE vs 2zz-ge, the 2zz wins hands down by 25 odd kw give or take at the fronts

Bill vs stockish SR20DET, It's bill. We know what he's done to that car. Bilal hands down.

When Bill ran the Pulsar(not a stocko from what Bill told me) he was cleaning him up with 3 passengers and on low boost(Bill?? 8psi??)

Bill vs his evil clone in a worked SR20DET? It'd be very close. All you have to do is look at some of the times those guys are putting out.

Would they last as long as Bills though? I have heard that they have gearbox issues, and the maintenance is higher on them.

That's just my analysis on things.

One thing that I do 'not' agree with? Mazda 3 owners thinking they're faster than us because they a better torque curve...

Don't get me started on Mazdabators. don't have the time or energy to debate why they think they would beat a sportivo. even when they gut the car to a shell and drop exhaust system to still run as quick as the best 1zz we've seen??

...what were their 1/4 times and dyno readouts again? :lol:

xoom with 3 passengers

I can testify to that :rolleyes:

But i think that pulsar lost due to the paint job :P it must've weighed an additional 100kgs :lol: :lol: