ACT Dyno Day Results

Hey All,

Rob (Badboys/Heinz) and I crashed the Pulsar club's dyno day today. Happy to say that we both successfully beat every Pulsar present, which was our initial aim.

Best of the day was the 2-door R31 skyline that had lots of work done to it, it put out 220kw.

My result:

scan0002.jpg

I'll let Rob post his later :P :P

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome boys - happy that none of you had to face Tony's wrath for failing to beat pulsars... :ph34r:

What did the pulsars put out?

How much did you beat their highest ranking one by?

There is still a looming threat. The highest ranking Pulsar was a GA16DE N15 owned by my mate that has been turbocharged. 114kw atw, and that's un-tuned. With a proper tune and a little more work he'll be looking at 130kw and maybe a bit more.

My other mates SR20DE N15 pulled 95kw atw. He'll be going over 100kw soon though methinks.

17052008359vr0.jpg

Mine is running a tad lean, but meh.

Mick's is running uber. I'd rate his as the best performing in terms of maximizing the power available (tune was spot on).

Edited by KptzS Heinz Fredrikkson

I just can't get over the fact that we scored exactly the same power output basically Mick. It's just so poetic.

It'll be interesting to see what that second line does once the catback is on mine. Uber graph though. I'm jealous.

Edited by KptzS Heinz Fredrikkson

Just a question, why do they run the dyno runs in third gear, I mean why not run them in first or second to imitate real world driving. I've never redlined third.

They tend to use the gear that has the closest match of 1:1 gear ratio. This tends to be 3rd and 4th, but because most dynos have a speed limit on them 3rd is usually used. Also 1st gear might get wheel spin.