Aurion TRD chairs to Camry

flamezz

I don't think TRD dealers are interested in selling TRD parts to non-TRD owners. So let us know how you go.

You would think they want your money - especially considering the massive profit margins they would attain at those prices...

I don't think TRD dealers are interested in selling TRD parts to non-TRD owners. So let us know how you go.

You would think they want your money - especially considering the massive profit margins they would attain at those prices...

They wouldn't be able to justify the money if the exclusivity wasn't there... But their prices are inflated all the time anyways :lol:

They wouldn't be able to justify the money if the exclusivity wasn't there... But their prices are inflated all the time anyways :lol:

Sure they would....its not like they would be selling a million TRD engine bits.

If they limited Joe Blows to the accessory range alone, no performance bits, they still maintain the exclusivity and their performance reputation.

People will buy TRD cars because they go...not because they have the badge. For those that just want the badged products (eg seats)...let them have some - at the exorbitant prices...

Sure they would....its not like they would be selling a million TRD engine bits.

If they limited Joe Blows to the accessory range alone, no performance bits, they still maintain the exclusivity and their performance reputation.

People will buy TRD cars because they go...not because they have the badge. For those that just want the badged products (eg seats)...let them have some - at the exorbitant prices...

I'm with you Mr Laissez Faire, but I think they want to preserve the exclusivity of the TRD range. Slutsky Equation pending..

I'm with you Mr Laissez Faire, but I think they want to preserve the exclusivity of the TRD range. Slutsky Equation pending..

Hehe - parlez vous francais? Les Economiques sont tres bonnes!

I'd love to meet the Toyota marketing team - such a great production/quality management team, but horrendously conservative marketers...

Sorry for Hijack - anyone else know how best to fit TRD seats into a camry (providing he can actually buy them :P )???

Edited by Leroy

I'm assuming if it's the new shape camry then they should fit fine seeing as the camry and aurion are built on the same chassis. That might help

x2

and apparently their going to make aftermarket trd bodykits tooo for the camry and aurions. but doubt it.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news is :

TRD seats will bolt straight into a Camry - no modifying of rails are required, aurions share the same floor pan as the camry, and virtually 95 % of all parts.

Bad news is :

You won't be able to buy TRD seats from TRD Dealers no matter how much you bribe them, they can't order them in the first place. They can only order TRD parts with TRD Vin numbers. The only way ? Hope for a TRD Aurion to be written off, then buy the seats from the wrecker and bolt into the Camry. While you're at it, you might as well transfer the V6 plus supercharger kit across, the ECU and TCU and suspension - Hey presto, you've got a TRD Camry. Everything will bolt in easy.

• 2 weeks later...