The Origin thread

TRDYUS

Such a slow game to watch. QLD had no energy or enthusiasm.

Was Tony Archer's first time as a State of Origin ref, I think he did alright...

Hopefully QLD will win the next match to make it an exciting decider in the 3rd game.

Do you think having no Lockyer was the cause of the outcome?

QLD had a better team on paper... but couldnt match them on the Night.

Go QLD for game 2! :toast:

I've found that running with a ball, *smash*, playing the ball, running with a ball, *smash*, playing the ball, running with a ball, *smash*, playing the ball, running with a ball, *smash*, playing the ball, runnign with a ball, *smash*, playing the ball, kicking the ball, has never been so much fun to watch.

Other than Origin though, I find League boring. Origin ftw, due to the utter hatred that both states have for each other!

I think the crowds at league games are continuing to fall, it was in the paper a few weeks ago. AFL is on the up and finally real football has begun its rise (soccer)... The sleeping giant awakes :D More people at uni today were talking about the Champions League final than the State of Origin

Such a slow game to watch. QLD had no energy or enthusiasm.

Was Tony Archer's first time as a State of Origin ref, I think he did alright...

Hopefully QLD will win the next match to make it an exciting decider in the 3rd game.

Do you think having no Lockyer was the cause of the outcome?

QLD had a better team on paper... but couldnt match them on the Night.

Go QLD for game 2! :toast:

Yep definately, without some ball control or play making your basically sitting ducks running the ball.

The maroons did achieve some stunning tries off the work of the wingers & centres, but that's pretty much where they had it.

Did you ever know Hunt to be a play maker? Although he did use his strengths with some big tackles mainly on the forwards(best moments)

Hopefully the side is looked at carefully next time they side in 3 weeks.

Hunt does have ball skills, but I don't think it was on display.

He was playing more like another forward, well kinda like the modern five-eighth which is kinda like having an extra forward.

QLD just had no sense of direction and they kind of just lacked composure. They are so missing Darren Lockyer last night.

The two five-eights were not play makers at all. Bird is like an extra lock forward and Karmichael was like a centre in defence... Relied on the half backs too much. Thurston's kicking game was a bit off. Missing in action: Greg Inglis!

Inglis usually plays on the other side of Folau, so both where trying out a new scene. I don't know why QLD didn't go to them alot more.

A question though, why was Ben Hornby chosen? Has he been playing that consistent?