Just bought an 03 Sportivo. What should I do?

Tsk tsk CARS just cost so much MONEY :help: someone got better saving plans? :huh:

Noodle diet works wonders ;) ;) ;) ;)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tsk tsk CARS just cost so much MONEY :help: someone got better saving plans? :huh:

Noodle diet works wonders ;) ;) ;) ;)

Buy a house then renovate the bathroom, kitchen and laundry. Then we start on the outside. There's some serious money right there and the noodle diet for me is an ongoing thing lol.

Or just strip the rear "leather" seats, spare tyres and the tools in the boot then sell em. Take those money or monies and buy your mods. Guaranteed to make your car faster while saving cash for them.

Jokes aside, I have contemplate it before..... :clap:

SB it's what I'm kinda doing, still being at uni and got an investment property.

Just not enough capital to do such a thing yet seeing that I'm on 21 hehe.

SB it's what I'm kinda doing, still being at uni and got an investment property.

You doing good mate!

Oh, found another "performance wholesaler/retailer" in Blackburn, victoria. It's just off Whitehorse Road / Manroondah Hwy.

Promax Auto

http://www.promaxauto.com.au

Website a little dodgy but you should be able to get an idea what they offer there. Will pay them a visit this weekend just to take a look as their website have not been updated since Aug 2006!!! lol

Oh, found another "performance wholesaler/retailer" in Blackburn, victoria. It's just off Whitehorse Road / Manroondah Hwy.

Promax Auto

Website a little dodgy but you should be able to get an idea what they offer there. Will pay them a visit this weekend just to take a look as their website have not been updated since Aug 2006!!! lol

The website is very dodgy haha it doesn't even view properly and Aug 2006 since it was last updated. That's bad

At 21 your doing alright. I was 33 when i bought my first house. Geez at 21 i was(trying to remember) hitting the gold coast/Sunny coast every weekend for a surf and sometimes before work in my Kombi with a few mates. Back when fuel was about 40 odd cents a litre man i raked up some k's in that thing. I still have it and sooned to be revived......

At 21 your doing alright. I was 33 when i bought my first house. Geez at 21 i was(trying to remember) hitting the gold coast/Sunny coast every weekend for a surf and sometimes before work in my Kombi with a few mates. Back when fuel was about 40 odd cents a litre man i raked up some k's in that thing. I still have it and sooned to be revived......

Well doing all that stuff is very tempting, but being from an azn background and still living at home with knowledge of commerce kinda makes it very easy to choose the rewarding yet boring path.

With rising interest rates and everyday living costs rising, why not take advance of no expenses at home and put all your income into an investment property so that by the time you're ready to really

buy your home you want to live in, you have equity :yahoo:

Promax Auto

The website is very dodgy haha it doesn't even view properly and Aug 2006 since it was last updated. That's bad

Just rang them. One thing's for sure, they still open on Saturday from 9am - 6pm.

Guni does that store offer anything good? How bout prices hehe :rolleyes:

Ken san,

Visited store today and spoke to Alan. Great bloke. Offered me some advise and best part is, he has done some Stivos before.

He offers labour but can get some parts if you need them. He said that with internet shopping, the margins of parts have gone quite low because they're so cheap everywhere especially on eBay so he won't mind providing labour if you provide him the parts.

He can install remote start and button start and everything else electronic/electrical. He can also do mechanical as he was doing a Auto -> Manual conversion on a Toyota Soarer when I was there today.

His advise for me since I'll be getting some bars put on my car is just get springs only. I won't need the coilovers unless I'm hardcode track-kie like him. He has an S15 which is nicely done up. Stock shocks should be able to last me on Pedals (Red Bull) Springs. Excellent. 1 stop shop! Absolutely love it. This is one guy that definately knows his stuff and thinks on the same freq as us all!

Now to save all the money for it :P

Details are as below....

Promax Auto

1 Mary St

Blackburn

Vic 3130

Tel: 03-9894 0366 (Name is Alan Chung)

Let me know if and when you head down so that I can catch up with u toooooooooooooo .............. :D

Nothing will be done until after exams finish on the 23rd. I've got 80,000km on my stock shocks. So they won't last even with pedders. Oh and pedders lowers the car only slightly. It still leaves a 3cm gap between guard and tyre haha, it's not low enough :P

You get koni struts and then you're looking at like $1200 anywayz, might aswell get height adjustable coils when you're already spending that much for a better setup.

You get coils, you might go to the occasional track day just to see how your car pulls up against the others and you can improve as a driver and have some fun while you're at it.

So that's why I'm getting coils because I want to have a lower ride to go with my 18" as springs don't give the flexibilty and kinda don't allow you to go hardcore if you wanted to.

CES package and whatever bars I need, and the car will be set :D

on the topic of suspension, Lane Toyota in Glen Waverley can source the TRD springs/shocks combo for around $1350

So is that better for comfort but still have handling or the Teins/Cusco does the job better ??

on the topic of suspension, Lane Toyota in Glen Waverley can source the TRD springs/shocks combo for around $1350

So is that better for comfort but still have handling or the Teins/Cusco does the job better ??

The way I see it if it was made by TRD it was made for a reason, my guess is it won't be in the league of a set of coils but it will make that occasional high speed corner much more enjoyable then the stock setup.

I was originally going for cusco coilovers but since I don't have the time to take the car down to the track, not do I drive it hard much these days I was thinking the TRD setup would be much better for the everyday application. Although I hope it keeps the car on the road because axle tramp hitting lift in first is not fun :(

That being said though I remember in one of the older threads that the best setup for the echo sportivo back in the day was the TRD produced springs/shocks which out performed numerous other setups.

Edited by Teknoman

The way I see it if it was made by TRD it was made for a reason, my guess is it won't be in the league of a set of coils but it will make that occasional high speed corner much more enjoyable then the stock setup.

I was originally going for cusco coilovers but since I don't have the time to take the car down to the track, not do I drive it hard much these days I was thinking the TRD setup would be much better for the everyday application. Although I hope it keeps the car on the road because axle tramp hitting lift in first is not fun :(

That being said though I remember in one of the older threads that the best setup for the echo sportivo back in the day was the TRD produced springs/shocks which out performed numerous other setups.

What is "Axle Tramp" Tekno? What is it doing now that its not suppose to be doing? So have you installed those TRD shocks/springs combo? Are they adjustable? Comfortable?

What is "Axle Tramp" Tekno? What is it doing now that its not suppose to be doing? So have you installed those TRD shocks/springs combo? Are they adjustable? Comfortable?

Axle tramp is when the wheels skip across the road I think when the suspension is too soft to keep the wheels on the ground. Not like wheelspin where the car is still firmly on the road. Back when I had the stock tyres hitting lift in 1st was fine. Although my tyres might just be a bit flat so I might pump it up a bit and see how that goes.

Haven't installed the TRD set but I was looking into suspension as the stockies are feeling a bit soft these days. There was a D2 coil group buy ages ago which I regret not being part of. I don't think the $1300 set is adjustable but on the TRD website there is a fully adjustable set which would be well over 2k. When I called Lane they told me I either had to change the offset of my wheels or change the tyre size. I reckon they were bullcrapping but who knows.

Axle tramp is when the wheels skip across the road I think when the suspension is too soft to keep the wheels on the ground. Not like wheelspin where the car is still firmly on the road. Back when I had the stock tyres hitting lift in 1st was fine. Although my tyres might just be a bit flat so I might pump it up a bit and see how that goes.

Haven't installed the TRD set but I was looking into suspension as the stockies are feeling a bit soft these days. There was a D2 coil group buy ages ago which I regret not being part of. I don't think the $1300 set is adjustable but on the TRD website there is a fully adjustable set which would be well over 2k. When I called Lane they told me I either had to change the offset of my wheels or change the tyre size. I reckon they were bullcrapping but who knows.

Kinda like a Bike Wheelie but on a Stivo ???? Wasn't it the D2 that KHF has issues with like leaking, weird noises and so on? How much were they suppose to go for? The Deepoosss.......

Nah my car isn't up on one wheel :P its more like there is too much power being delivered to the wheels and its breaking traction every now and then. Its like stepping on the pedal in the wet while taking off. Could be due to the soft compound in the tyres.

The D2s were going for $1200 or so during the group buy.

Nah my car isn't up on one wheel :P its more like there is too much power being delivered to the wheels and its breaking traction every now and then. Its like stepping on the pedal in the wet while taking off. Could be due to the soft compound in the tyres.

Fark........... Cheap as ssssssssssssssss .............

I got quoted about 480 installed for a set of Pedders lower springs. Will still give me about an inch and half from my tyres to the wheel arch. What i like.

I got quoted about 480 installed for a set of Pedders lower springs. Will still give me about an inch and half from my tyres to the wheel arch. What i like.

The TRD springs were $525 and lower by about 3cm. The suspension is probably going to be put on hold again because the CES group buy is just too good to pass up if we get the interest. I can see more axle tramping once it all goes on :lol:

The TRD springs were $525 and lower by about 3cm. The suspension is probably going to be put on hold again because the CES group buy is just too good to pass up if we get the interest. I can see more axle tramping once it all goes on :lol:

525 for springs..... hmmm.........

What tyres are you on?

Does anyone reakon a short shifter will change the notchy-ness of my tranmission? Just got some Nulon G-70 gear conditioners from K-Mart. Cost me like $9.50 per bottle. Got 2. Putting both suckers in tomorrow morning. See how they fair after. Muahahahahaha .........................

It says its for manual gear box and diff treatment. Also OK for LSD.

Will there be a GB for short shifters?

Does anyone reakon a short shifter will change the notchy-ness of my tranmission? Just got some Nulon G-70 gear conditioners from K-Mart. Cost me like $9.50 per bottle. Got 2. Putting both suckers in tomorrow morning. See how they fair after. Muahahahahaha .........................

It says its for manual gear box and diff treatment. Also OK for LSD.

Will there be a GB for short shifters?

dont worry about notchy-ness. thats how they are... You aint driving a wr exel dude :)

Do the standards, cai and kings! otherwise save for something esle (rs6) :)

Edited by sik