Just bought an 03 Sportivo. What should I do?

Nah my car isn't up on one wheel :P its more like there is too much power being delivered to the wheels and its breaking traction every now and then. Its like stepping on the pedal in the wet while taking off. Could be due to the soft compound in the tyres.

The D2s were going for $1200 or so during the group buy.

Fark........... Cheap as ssssssssssssssss .............

I got quoted about 480 installed for a set of Pedders lower springs. Will still give me about an inch and half from my tyres to the wheel arch. What i like.

The TRD springs were $525 and lower by about 3cm. The suspension is probably going to be put on hold again because the CES group buy is just too good to pass up if we get the interest. I can see more axle tramping once it all goes on :lol:

525 for springs..... hmmm.........

What tyres are you on?

Running Bridgestone Potenza G3 205/55/16

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't put that nulon stuff in my gearbox mate. Prolly do more harm than good. Heard tooo many horror stories about that crap.

TRD option suspension is a little bit lower in height but by no means anything like adjustable shocks and springs. give you a lowered look but the ride is still a tad bit soft.

TRD option suspension is a little bit lower in height but by no means anything like adjustable shocks and springs. give you a lowered look but the ride is still a tad bit soft.

I'm turning into an old man Bren. I'm in the frame of mind now where I just want the coilovers gone and a set of kyb's with a 50mm drop in there.

I wouldn't put that nulon stuff in my gearbox mate. Prolly do more harm than good. Heard tooo many horror stories about that crap.

Opps, too late. Already put it in. I must say shifting at high revs have never been smoother. Not notchy at all. Low revs still a little crappy but i'll get over it ..... soon. 125ml X 2 bottles with Redline ShockProof LightWeight does it. Will change the gearbox oil in less than 30,000 KM anyways. We'll see how they fair.

Oh SB, if only we can get access to some of those Roil magic stuff, I won't be in this situation using the crap stuffff ..... :P Any chance of a GB for that ????

As for the TRD Suspension, was it $525 for the shocks and springs combo or just the springs? Sorry, just needed to get it right.

Opps, too late. Already put it in. I must say shifting at high revs have never been smoother. Not notchy at all. Low revs still a little crappy but i'll get over it ..... soon. 125ml X 2 bottles with Redline ShockProof LightWeight does it. Will change the gearbox oil in less than 30,000 KM anyways. We'll see how they fair.

Oh SB, if only we can get access to some of those Roil magic stuff, I won't be in this situation using the crap stuffff ..... :P Any chance of a GB for that ????

As for the TRD Suspension, was it $525 for the shocks and springs combo or just the springs? Sorry, just needed to get it right.

525 for springs and 850ish for shocks

how much r those per-corner ?:P

$200 per corner when i got it. Sam has contacts with donellan's in box hill and can get tyres on skyline club discount price.

$200 per corner when i got it. Sam has contacts with donellan's in box hill and can get tyres on skyline club discount price.

Cheap as sssssss .................

The Hankook K104 Optimo (stock size) I have are ......... Dealer put them on to pass RWC. So i decided to put them to the test

This morning, I took a turn at 80 on dry road (Dandenong Road turning into Westall Road in Mulgrave, VIC), 4th gear and as I was almost out of it (the turn), drop to 3rd and accelerate, hit LIFT in 5 seconds and then traffic lights so I jam the brakes. ABS works (i think). The tyres were screeching allllllllllllllllllll the way during the turn. Backside was wobbling a little but was still OK. Stuck to my left lane as the middle and right was full of cars so no room for error. Was good. But a little loud. None the less, I can't wait to get them off my car and put some better stuff in although Ken san will surely dis-agree with me. Car is still a stocky. No mods or bars yet :P

Cheap as sssssss .................

The Hankook K104 Optimo (stock size) I have are ......... Dealer put them on to pass RWC. So i decided to put them to the test

This morning, I took a turn at 80 on dry road (Dandenong Road turning into Westall Road in Mulgrave, VIC), 4th gear and as I was almost out of it (the turn), drop to 3rd and accelerate, hit LIFT in 5 seconds and then traffic lights so I jam the brakes. ABS works (i think). The tyres were screeching allllllllllllllllllll the way during the turn. Backside was wobbling a little but was still OK. Stuck to my left lane as the middle and right was full of cars so no room for error. Was good. But a little loud. None the less, I can't wait to get them off my car and put some better stuff in although Ken san will surely dis-agree with me. Car is still a stocky. No mods or bars yet :P

Going at 80 you should have started in 3rd, and are you talking about the princess hwy/westall rd turn-off? left lane on that turn off isn't really a smart place to be doing 80, I've seen cars go straight into the light pole at the end of it.

I drop it into 2nd with a blip of the throttle if I'm anywhere between 60 and 80.

I recommend that you just don't bother with being overzealous at cornering until you have the appropriate tyre / suspension combo. The stock setup is woeful.

Be careful brother.

The car can handle it but your basically pushing it to the edge on that kind of bend with traffic like you said there is no room for error, I actually liked the stock setup... I know everyone looks down on the Turanzas but I feel Toyota did ok with pairing them with the stock shocks/springs

GB on Roil...... mmmm let me get back to you. Will have to see if I can get it in larger volumes(by the box!!)

The car can handle it but your basically pushing it to the edge on that kind of bend with traffic like you said there is no room for error, I actually liked the stock setup... I know everyone looks down on the Turanzas but I feel Toyota did ok with pairing them with the stock shocks/springs

The thing is, I don't have a Turanza setup to look down upon. I've got Hankooks. Optimo K104 or something long those lines ........ Not the best in wet I must say .....

GB on Roil...... mmmm let me get back to you. Will have to see if I can get it in larger volumes(by the box!!)

How much does each bottle costs and how long are they meant to last you anyways?

How big is the bottle and what is the recommended application like (use it every service or use it once and forget about it) ?

Y da hack can't I find where the step by step manual is to change your console light red? I saw one for the clock but not for the center console. Does it involve changing the bulb or inverting the LED ???

Anyone any ideas?? Clues ???

i use Potenza SO-3 "pole position" -amazing grip and really stiff sidewall - made a bigger improvement than the Eibach springs i fitted and they last well. Did you get them 5hite Turanza's fitted as stock on yours?

i use Potenza SO-3 "pole position" -amazing grip and really stiff sidewall - made a bigger improvement than the Eibach springs i fitted and they last well. Did you get them 5hite Turanza's fitted as stock on yours?

I reakon the Turanzas are not bad. Had it in my previous car. Grip like hell .........

I reakon the Turanzas are not bad. Had it in my previous car. Grip like hell .........

They're a quiet tyre, yet have a hard compound that somehow wear out very fast. Not a fan myself :(

They're a quiet tyre, yet have a hard compound that somehow wear out very fast. Not a fan myself :(

What similar tyres would you recommend then? I hate mine atm. Want to change into something similar to the stock Turanza but someone told me its expensive for the job it does. Which other similar tyre?

Hmmm .. No reply yet about them tyres ...........

Oh, I got 601KM out of 55 liters (9.2L/100KM) of Shell V-Power compare to 532KM from 57 liters (10.7L/100KM) previously. This is my 2nd tank of shell and its definately looking better.

Maybe not LIFTING that often anymore ..... which i doubt but who knows.

On to Caltex 98 now and we'll see how we fair. Will most probably do Caltex for 2 tanks and so that we'll have a better guage.

After that, on to Mobil and BP last looking that its 13 cents on top for 98 premium unleaded.

:P