and1's ride. Silver FTW!!!

and1

What do you mean stay legal? Trust me you need to run more than a +42 to get it to fit. I'm gonna be running +38 and I'm afraid it won't be enough.

Its to do with increasing the track (I think thats the right word) of your car, you cant make it wider then 26mm and you cant decrease it at all.

I have never heard of anyone -ever- getting done for this and the inspector would have to be incredibly clued in to pick this up. Considering some of the other stuff on your car, its the least I would worry about.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean stay legal? Trust me you need to run more than a +42 to get it to fit. I'm gonna be running +38 and I'm afraid it won't be enough.

Its to do with increasing the track (I think thats the right word) of your car, you cant make it wider then 26mm and you cant decrease it at all.

I have never heard of anyone -ever- getting done for this and the inspector would have to be incredibly clued in to pick this up. Considering some of the other stuff on your car, its the least I would worry about.

Yeah I know about this but whitestivos comment does not make any sense to me.

Just another update guys.

The car has gone into the panel beaters.

Will be away 4-6 weeks :(

Let the countdown begin :clap::yahoo:

Haha that's awhile of a wait Andy. But at least its finally getting done now. I guess u've been waiting for so long already you won't be as fussed for waiting abit longer haha. Ah well good to see, then you can get your mods on after. :lol:

Haha that's awhile of a wait Andy. But at least its finally getting done now. I guess u've been waiting for so long already you won't be as fussed for waiting abit longer haha. Ah well good to see, then you can get your mods on after. :lol:

Yes Rui been a long long time waiting around <_< . But at least it's there now.

Andy, looking forward to when you get it back!!! :spiteful:

Peter.

As am I dwee.

Also at the same time I am getting my eyelids and my front bumper and lip resprayed :yahoo:

• 3 weeks later...

Went to check on the progress on the car the other day and its currently in the spray booth getting primered. So hopefully by the end of next week the car is back in my hands.

Also bought a couple of things to welcome back the ride, but I'll show when I receive them.

Went to check on the progress on the car the other day and its currently in the spray booth getting primered. So hopefully by the end of next week the car is back in my hands.

Also bought a couple of things to welcome back the ride, but I'll show when I receive them.

whooo! cant wait andy! and you now have all the detailing goodies to make her new paint job shine! :) :)

whooo! cant wait andy! and you now have all the detailing goodies to make her new paint job shine! :) :)

Well I've been detailing other peoples cars because I haven't been able to do mine <_<

My gfs yellow swift sport is looking smicko :clap:

Haha, remember, no polish or wax on the new paint! Don't want to ruin that new finish...

Haha yes rodger rodger.

Btw update on ETA. Car will be back next Wednesday YAY! :clap:

Getting closer can't wait.

G'day Andy...whens the car back? must be getting close. :)

Hey Lee,

I got the car back yesterday but I am not happy with the work on it.

The whole paint job has been rushed and there are grains of sand and dirt stuck in the clear coat. I think this could be because they applied the clear coat so heavily. There's also a couple of finger prints on the paint as well.

At the time I picked it up I couldn't see any of the imperfections because it was in direct sunlight and it was hard to tell and to be honest didn't think it was gonna be this bad. Last time they did my car they did a great job :(

I'm happy I've got my car back but pretty devo with the way she looks.

sorry to hear the news mate.

You can call up ur insurance agency and put in a complaint bout unsatisfactory work on your car. Im pretty sure that the panel beaters will fix it up for you. However u'll be without your car for another X amount of days..

damn :( how bad is it? possible to buff it out yourself with some compound and aggressive pads? or even wet dry the area and buff it back? i think after having someone do a job like that on my car i wouldnt want them to touch it again :(

which panel shop was it? (can pm me if you dont want to post on here) as im in the process of looking for a good panel shop to paint and fit my bodykit and can tick this one off the list <_<

Thanks for everyones concern.

I went back to them on Friday and told them that I wasn't satisfied with the paintwork. They said that they will fix it. They are going to try to buff it out first then if required respray the clear coat.

But that won't be for a few weeks time as there are still parts that are missing and parts they haven't done ie side mirror cover and rear hatch. So they will call me when these parts arrive and will finish my car off then.

These guys aren't bad. I had my car resprayed there last time when my car got vandalised. I just think they rushed the job a little.

But that won't be for a few weeks time as there are still parts that are missing and parts they haven't done ie side mirror cover and rear hatch. So they will call me when these parts arrive and will finish my car off then.

I've heard that many times before; good luck with it.

• 1 month later...

Well I think its time for an update.

I got the car back earlier this week and its looking good.

Unfortunately I am over the stivo and its time to move on after 5 years of mainly ups and a few downs.

So my car will be up for sale soon and most of my parts will be parted as well... Get your wallets ready guys!

So feel free to send some PMs my way for my car or my parts.

So my new ride is...

I'll continue that in a new thread B)

Edited by and1