Toyota Advantage

PaulG

Taking the Klugger in for 10,000 service tomorrow. Just wondering how much everyone else is being charged for fixed price services with Toyota Advantage plan.

Er, it's a set price. Dealers have an agreement with TMCA and can only charge $150 per service to Kluger customers under Service Advantage.

Edited by pinzvidz

My 10,000 service cost me around $178 (can't remember exactly)

I asked at the time and was told it was a fixed service for $150 but was charged extra for park brake adjustment!!

I had read stuff here re people who were not happy with the park brake and I was not happy with mine - it seemed to be at the very end of it's travel to get it to work so I asked them to check it - they adjusted it and it is better now --- but you get charged for "adjustments"

I said that it had been like that since day one and the response was that it's been 10,000km now I had lots of time to bring it in earlier - it's now just general wear and tear - I was not happy but the car is leased and the lease company approved the "adjustment"

So be warned!!

Cheers

Doo

We never received any price information for Kluger Advantage service.

My wife dropped car in at local dealer for 10,000 service. The service person was very rude to her because she didn't realise she had to drive through the service bay. Instead she parked and walked up to the service desk and chastised like a child for doing so. When my wife told them about the speedo error, she was asked how she could possibly know and that a 3% error was normal (Even though we told them it was a 10% error). They reluctantly agreed to look at it. Then my wife told them that the seatbelt for the passenger side middle row seat was locking up over-zealously. Once again she was treated like a child and said it was normal. Even though it is almost impossible to use sometimes. By that stage my wife was too intimidated to mention the parking brake needed adjustment. At least the parking brake is part of the 20,000 service and we can live with it till then. This was at our local Toyota dealer in Darwin.

Anyway, that's my whinge for today. Otherwise we love the car, and going on our first offroad camping trip this weekend to Bynoe Harbour.

So have they corrected the sppedo error?

In general, it looks like your dealer is #$^#^@#^! Some times ago, dofferent car brand... call to the manufacturer of the car did help a lot!

We never received any price information for Kluger Advantage service.

My wife dropped car in at local dealer for 10,000 service. The service person was very rude to her because she didn't realise she had to drive through the service bay. Instead she parked and walked up to the service desk and chastised like a child for doing so. When my wife told them about the speedo error, she was asked how she could possibly know and that a 3% error was normal (Even though we told them it was a 10% error). They reluctantly agreed to look at it. Then my wife told them that the seatbelt for the passenger side middle row seat was locking up over-zealously. Once again she was treated like a child and said it was normal. Even though it is almost impossible to use sometimes. By that stage my wife was too intimidated to mention the parking brake needed adjustment. At least the parking brake is part of the 20,000 service and we can live with it till then. This was at our local Toyota dealer in Darwin.

Anyway, that's my whinge for today. Otherwise we love the car, and going on our first offroad camping trip this weekend to Bynoe Harbour.

I had my hand brake adjusted at the 1,000 k free check as it wouldn't hold at all.

It wouldn't hold on any sort of hill or a boat ramp or even in my driveway which isn't that steep (see avatar). It came back slightly better but is still useless unless pushed all the way to the floor and then only just holds. Was told it was adjusted within 'spec' but I still need to put a brick in front of my wheels in my driveway.

Edited by Cookie

Re 10,000k service,

My 10,000 k service showed a few subtotals that didn't make sense. Then some scribble and the words Toyota advantage. The invoice would then be electronically delivered to my fleet people, but I know Customfleet would factor the advantage plan into the salary pricing and check the invoice.

My handbrake was not holding and I asked for an adjustment at 1000k and it was. But I forgot to re ask at the 10000k service for a top up adjustment, as the the dash rattles were my priority.

I tow a boat and usually launch on quite steep inclines. The hand brake IMO do not hold the rig and there is vehicle movement even after the adjustment. Paying for the adjustment is a warranty situation at such an early stage of the vehicles life. My previous Commoders held it far better re the hand brake. Guess I hope to never have to find out if it really does hold.

Just need to make sure no one else is the car upon a launch and recovery.

Edited by fish475

The speedo was not fixed.

Quote from service report:

"Carried out diagnostic trouble code testing and found operation of speedometer to be within correct specifications at time of testing."

So have they corrected the sppedo error?

In general, it looks like your dealer is #$^#^@#^! Some times ago, dofferent car brand... call to the manufacturer of the car did help a lot!

I had read stuff here re people who were not happy with the park brake and I was not happy with mine - it seemed to be at the very end of it's travel to get it to work so I asked them to check it - they adjusted it and it is better now --- but you get charged for "adjustments"

Ive noticed this in our car too. I pushed down, almost to the floor the other day, and we still rolled backward.

Our park brake didnt hold either, i better get them to tighten this too.

Sounds like your Darwin Toyota dealer are rude as. Frankston being Australia Toyota dealer of the year, they are nice and look after you.

With the boat ramp situation, if you press hard on the brake, it will hold the brakes on for 2 seconds. It will beep to indicate it is holding, and all you need to do is accelerate up the ramp.

See how you go.

With the boat ramp situation, if you press hard on the brake, it will hold the brakes on for 2 seconds. It will beep to indicate it is holding, and all you need to do is accelerate up the ramp.

See how you go.

Thanks, Blackkluger.

Knew it had hill start but had never worked it out.

Last Friday I was being given the grand look over of the latest Landcruiser. The dealer sales mgr explained to me the method re how it worked.

No I'm not buying or even interested in one.

He was visiting my place of work with one, so I had to have decent look over it.

Now back to the orig post subject I guess.

• 2 years later...

I'm about to pick up my new Facelift Klugger Grande 2wd.

Given the trouble people have had with handbrakes speedo's ois this something that i should check straight off the bat or is it something that actually needs a bit of bedding down before it can be adjusted?