New to the forum

Hi everyone,

As the topic suggests, I'm new :D

I drive a 2007 RunX TRD. Toyota SA released a limited number of TRD's, basically a sportivo with TRD shocks and springs, TRD TR1 17" wheels and a TRD short shift kit. Will post some pics soon.

Dont worry I wont be asking questions on CAI LOL :whistling:

TRD goodies... nice nice... yeah, post some pic's...

You've started with the right kind of first post, by not asking any CAI questions... lolz

and if you have queries about anything, i'm sure majority topics have been covered already...

On the top left, there's a "SEARCH" function, you'll find that very useful..

oh and Welcome....

hope you enjoy your stay...

I've been having some problems with the forum. I've tried updating my profile but I get logged out everytime, also when I try to view pics the same thing happens... :unsure: Can the mods or admin have a look to see whats wrong?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I drive a 2007 RunX TRD. Toyota SA released a limited number of TRD's, basically a sportivo with TRD shocks and springs, TRD TR1 17" wheels and a TRD short shift kit. Will post some pics soon.

Good on u mate. Before I got here, i didn't even know what CAI is! Hahahahahahha....................

Hi everyone,

Good on u mate. Before I got here, i didn't even know what CAI is! Hahahahahahha....................

I've just ordered a TRD CAI on ebay and cant wait for it to arrive B)

I just installed a AEM CAI on my 07 rolla... damn thing throwin a check engine light.. I'm guessing because under the plastic cover on the engine that says VVTI, to the right has a hose that sticks out... no idea what to do with it... any suggestions (I searched the CAI on previously asked and didn't see anything). It just lays there.. it kinda sucks in air after u rev it and on the down of the rpm itll start to suck in a bit of air..

Hi everyone,

I've just ordered a TRD CAI on ebay and cant wait for it to arrive B)

Welcome mate!!!!

Can i ask which ebay you got it from or the ebayers id, PM me with the details if you like

Thanks

and welcome again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I just installed a AEM CAI on my 07 rolla... damn thing throwin a check engine light.. I'm guessing because under the plastic cover on the engine that says VVTI, to the right has a hose that sticks out... no idea what to do with it... any suggestions (I searched the CAI on previously asked and didn't see anything). It just lays there.. it kinda sucks in air after u rev it and on the down of the rpm itll start to suck in a bit of air..

LOL mate check the workshop and maintenance section for a CAI install guide, sounds like you havent connected the VSV

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I took some pics of the car earlier today...its been raining quite a bit here so excuse the water marks...

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

:)

I took no pics of the engine bay as its a pretty standard sportivo affair. Will take a pic when the CAI arrives :D

It's a breather pipe. On all Corolla's with 1zz the CAI needs an outlet for it to go onto. Creates positive crankcase pressure for the engine. CES have incorporated this into their CAI's for all facelift Corolla's. the new ZRE 152's are different again as far as intake is concerned. CES are putting some finishing touches on this in the next couple of weeks.