Eastlink

dannywss

Total of how many speed cam on Eastlink?? GUESS!!  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have been looking forward for this new freeway and hope we could drive fast on it(like over 120?) legally as in..

Now, tunnel speed is 80, fwy speed is max at 100.. Ok, from the entrance till the exit of high street, guess how many speed cameras are there in total??!!

Before looking for info and clicking eastlink to look for correct answer, start guessing!!

I was shocked, and see no reason why i should drive on that fwy when i saw the result..

Guess only from entrance to high street exit, not back and forth..(u should know, they install both sides!!)

Some info:

total KM is 39km..

EastLink runs between Donvale in Melbourne’s north east, through Dandenong, to Frankston in the south-east of Melbourne. Around 40% of Melburnians live in this corridor, which includes important retail, commercial and industrial centres.

i was actually gonna suggest eastlink for melb next cruise from warrigal up to dandenong and up again to mt dande for coffee.. but i guess might need other/better suggestion..

I think eastlink will be handy. i had to drive down to the frankston area (from the eastern fwy) the other day and it was a nightmare. springvale rd during peak hour sucks! shame about the tolls but it wil save a lot of travel time. as for speed cameras, no doubt they wil put in as many as possible...

I think it would be a good idea just to do a cruise on the Eastlink since there a period when we dont need to pay might as well use it as much as we can.

tat's wat i was thinking.. there is a melb cruise coming up soon this month.. i know where there is a long stretch without speeding camera(drag strip of dande~) but there is no doubt police will be hiding with speed guns..

might as well go mt dande, DOWN HILL~

I think it would be a good idea just to do a cruise on the Eastlink since there a period when we dont need to pay might as well use it as much as we can.

tat's wat i was thinking.. there is a melb cruise coming up soon this month.. i know where there is a long stretch without speeding camera(drag strip of dande~) but there is no doubt police will be hiding with speed guns..

might as well go mt dande, DOWN HILL~

Yeah even thou i dont live to far from it. I havent been there for a while I would bring a GPS a long so i could detect all the speed camera

The correct answer is 12 speed cam on each side. Total, 24...(FOR MEANTIME) how many camera is that??!!!

There would be much more speed cam as no legislation has been passed for the installation of camera along Frankston fwy to Green Road (total of 17km!!!!) BUT it doesnt mean no camera to be installed in future!! :o :o :o

It would be meaningless to speed in no camera zone, as heard, there are point to point camera activated.

I remember government didnt invest on this toll way as they backed out very early and it is privately owned, and now they are putting farking 24 cameras to rip all the victorians~ Way to go Vic government!! Wat a way to earn your next budget to wipe your @ss.

p/s: info found on nissansilvia forum..

Apparently though the section the contractors have referred to as "The Drag Strip" which is some 4 km's of dead straight road somewhere between Dandenong and Frankston, and of most concern to Police due to the obvious does not actually have any camera's.

Goes to say alot about Camera's and road safety...

Edit: Also, don't try to spot all the camera's. I've been informed that most have been neatly disguised into the structures in which they're placed such as the retaining walls and bridges.