few questions about an AURION before buying it

maxXx

ive got a Celica ZR 2001 , with blitz supercharger kit ... and i feel like to upgrade it to a bigger car such as the AURION supercharged.

however, im a bit confused with all the different Aurions.

- i was wondering if all ZR6 models have a supercharger inside.

- also i tried to look on youtube for videos of supercharged aurion (to hear the engine) but i couldnt find anything ...

so i still dont know what the engine sounds like when accelerating with an s/c aurion.

if some of you guys had some videos to share, that would be great :)

If I can afford the TRD and petrol I would have got one too!!!

Only the TRD Aurion have a Eaton Supercharger on it for 240kw... and ofczo the TRD Hilux too!!!

Also the TRD kit is aerodynamically more efficient means less drag... (Wording is abit off... )

Cheers

the seller just told me:

The ZR6 and TRD both have superchargers on them as standard.

maybe i should go to a toyota garage today and ask some questions about the aurion supercharged

the seller just told me:

The ZR6 and TRD both have superchargers on them as standard.

maybe i should go to a toyota garage today and ask some questions about the aurion supercharged

I'm 100% sure it's only the TRD with the Supercharger.

Toyota Aurion Sportivo ZR6 is just a 200kw V6.

The TRD Aurion is a 241kw Supercharged V6.

If the Aurion ZR6 was Supercharged... Im sure there would be a lot more around, and the TRD wouldn't be so great. Lol.

Gday,

Sorry to tell you, but as people have already said, the only Aurion to come supercharged is the TRD 3500SL and the TRD 3500S.

Also, you'll need to budget a lot more than 28k for one.

If you want to ask anymore questions, feel free.

as a final note... i'll bet my TRD that Toyota NEVER mass produced any Aurion apart from the TRD's in Australia with a supercharger...

Cya

Ash.

Gday,

Sorry to tell you, but as people have already said, the only Aurion to come supercharged is the TRD 3500SL and the TRD 3500S.

Also, you'll need to budget a lot more than 28k for one.

If you want to ask anymore questions, feel free.

as a final note... i'll bet my TRD that Toyota NEVER mass produced any Aurion apart from the TRD's in Australia with a supercharger...

Cya

Ash.

Especially now that Toyota are going to go all 'HYBRID' by 2010.

At this point in time, I'm pretty sure the only video of a stock TRD Aurion you will find on the net is:

This is SecaBoy's TRD. It gives you an idea of how it sounds. Listen closely and you can catch the whirr of the supercharger. It's not as loud as I would personally prefer, but this is due to the new Eaton TVS. I recall Toyota talking about thier choice of the Eaton TVS since it is more efficient; saying that the much louder whirr you hear on other superchargers is actually wasted energy hence why the new TVS is more efficient.

that video is of my car... but its without the rear mufflers...

sound quality is ****house anyway...

i'll try to get a better video... (lol, how long have i been saying that!?)

when you're in the car with the music off and you accelerate, you CAN hear the S/C whine... BUT its very subtle and nothing compared to the old S/C V8s that sound like its gonna suck in anything around it including small children.

this is most likely due to an EXTREMELY small intake...

if you were to put a pod filter on it, i'm sure the induction noise would be quite loud...

there are a few TRD Aurion videos on youtube, but i'm pretty sure none of them show the sound of the car...

thanks ...

i was expecting a louder noise from the supercharger ... like on my celica maybe :)

i think i'll get a ZR6 for the moment ... i just need a bigger car with a bit of power <_<

Well I think these stats are alright... :rolleyes:

Power 200kW @ 6200rpm

Torque 336Nm @ 4700rpm

Acceleration 0-100Km/h 7.4 secs

This was for the ZR6 Sportivo.

Thee 7.4 secs for the 0-100km/h, I swear if i flog mine it gets up there quicker than that.......I don't know who did those official figures but me thinks it was either a grandma or the car had 5 adults sitting in it.

Well I think these stats are alright... :rolleyes:

Power 200kW @ 6200rpm

Torque 336Nm @ 4700rpm

Acceleration 0-100Km/h 7.4 secs

This was for the ZR6 Sportivo.

Thee 7.4 secs for the 0-100km/h, I swear if i flog mine it gets up there quicker than that.......I don't know who did those official figures but me thinks it was either a grandma or the car had 5 adults sitting in it.

Yeah I would have thought it'd be a bit quicker... they're not slow cars. :lol:

You can definitely get the Aurion from 0 to 100km in under 7 seconds. It all comes down to the conditions in which you test it out. Such variables as road/tyre temperature, air temperature and humidity, and whether or not you launch at the maximum throttle possible (just before any slip) are such factors that can affect the 0-100 times.

hey SecaBoy that isnt a video of your car...

i wouldent go posting on the forums thats your car speeding down a street with ur plates showing on ur dp...

Edited by KaZe-

hey SecaBoy that isnt a video of your car...

i wouldent go posting on the forums thats your car speeding down a street with ur plates showing on ur dp...

From what I could see, I could only just make out what appears to be a black and gold plate on the front. There doesn't appear to be a plate on the back.