thinking of buying an import?

i am still entertaining the idea of trading my car for a caldina

i saw one advertised at a certain import dealer at croydon in the trading post so as i was passing by there i decided to drop in and have a look

it was advertised at $18999 and all i wanted to do was look at it but the salesman told me he was selling it on behalf of somebody cause it had a not for sale sign on it

he enquired about my car and what i wanted to do with it he offered eventually to do a straight swap for it and was realy pushy to get me to sign and commit to a sale which i told him i couldnt sign anything i was running late and had to go...........

trawling the car sales sites ive just stumbed across this ad

paste this one into your browser

http://www.drive.com.au/used-cars/TOYOTA/C...934125&pt=1

this is the car i looked at

as you can see its offered with a dealer warranty which means it must be one of his cars and the price is reduced but of course i wasnt told this

no wonder i felt like they realy wanted me to sign something saying id buy it........... <_<

im sorry but does anyone else think thats just downright low?

im posting this as a warning that some dealers will try to hoodwink you so do your homework

the weird part is the other caldina i was looking at 3 months ago is still for sale lol!

i know theyre like that its just stupid they looked at me and cause i was taking my time and being a bit vauge they took me for a fool

in my expereince in buying cars from dealers these guys were by far alot more full on

i also fear not being able to get parts im not so much worried about the condition of the car i shoud be able to spot something dodgy if i came across it

as ive encountered in the past

all i wanted was a awd wagon for the space and also for the stability but toyota australia cant seem to make anything that fits

but i sure as hell wont buy a subaru

I have an import celica and I have had no probs with parts.

The Toyota dealership at Castle Hill even has a catalogue for imports, but kinda pricey!

Body parts for a Caldina may be an issue though...

There are no problems with availability, unless your idea of availability is being able to easily get 2nd hand stuff from a wreckers. The only issues are price and lead time from Japan. As ST165 said, CH Toyota are famously good with getting parts for grey import Toyotas. I sourced a rear bar for a very reasonable price and it arrived in 14 days.

But this is a thread about dodgy used car salesmen :P