Where do you service your sportivo (WA)

I am just wondering, where do you guys in WA service your corolla sportivo?

What price and kinde of service do you get from that toyota dealer?

I know most toyota dealers are dodgy when it comes to service of the car like saying that the gearbox oil on the sportivo doesnt need changing ever.

So let me know which dealer would you recommend for my 60 000 km serivce. ( PERTH WA ONLY)

I did my 60k service at Kalamunda Toyotas..Overall was quite a good experience..customer-friendly and i'd say quite cheap as well ..changed filter oils, gasket, the usual engine oil and etc. altogether for $195. only thing thats to complain about is they didnt keep stock spare parts for stivo cos i neeeded new brake pads..

Anyway went to the other toyota SC just off welshpool rd, cant really remember the name..They were even better than Kalamunda's..changed brakepads, wipers and smoothen/polish my rotors due to worn out brakepads :angry:

Was darn surprised they didnt charge me for it..altogether i paid like $110 for the lot. Wouldnt mind going back there for my 70k service :lol:

I did my 60k service at Kalamunda Toyotas..Overall was quite a good experience..customer-friendly and i'd say quite cheap as well ..changed filter oils, gasket, the usual engine oil and etc. altogether for $195. only thing thats to complain about is they didnt keep stock spare parts for stivo cos i neeeded new brake pads..

Anyway went to the other toyota SC just off welshpool rd, cant really remember the name..They were even better than Kalamunda's..changed brakepads, wipers and smoothen/polish my rotors due to worn out brakepads :angry:

Was darn surprised they didnt charge me for it..altogether i paid like $110 for the lot. Wouldnt mind going back there for my 70k service :lol:

man that sounds more like a service! :D do u have da number? :P

thats is very cheap just a rotor skim,normally thats hundred,30 for the (genuine)wipers & brake pads...well?...shall we go on?..is the 60k a major or minor service by the logbook? thats sounds like a minor being $195.00 thats alot for an oil change..I think the place you went to was Newtown toyota

thats is very cheap just a rotor skim,normally thats hundred,30 for the (genuine)wipers & brake pads...well?...shall we go on?..is the 60k a major or minor service by the logbook? thats sounds like a minor being $195.00 thats alot for an oil change..I think the place you went to was Newtown toyota

I bought my sportivo there and had them service my car since day one. Last service ( 50,oook service) cost me $ 195.00. The service includes Toyota genuine synthetic engine oil and oil filter,standard check for 50,000 service, vacumm and wash the car, and most importantly they provide me the loan car for free with half tank full of fuel. Last time they gave a brand new yaris s and also they ever gave me the toyota aurion as a loan car. How good is that.. Free loan car really makes my life easier........I think jason is the best person to talk to in service department

well...i've had my car serviced at Galleria Toyota (Morley) since day 1...but...

used to be pretty decent, good customer service and generally looked after car well...until...

1) a few years ago i had my brakes checked due to some squeaking noise, so i brought it up during one of the services. came back no fault found, but on the way home i heard the sound again so i went back, and they got a mechanic to sit in the car with me. he heard it as well, so the car was booked in the next day for a check up. i specifically told them to call me if there were any charges to the check up, but when i went to collect the car (they didn't call me at all) they charged me $40 for the 'application of anti-squeal' to the brake pads. although i wasn't too happy bout paying, it fixed the problem so yeh.

2) had my 90,000km major service there. was quoted bout $500 all up, and this time i had to pay for a loan car (used to be free). got a call mid-day from the service center and was told that i needed to replace my brake pads as all 4 were worn out, that i needed a power steering fluid flush as the mechanics detected some contaminants in the fluid ($99), was recommended a air con filter flush (for $120). i asked them about the cost of replacing the brake pads and they quoted me...$700! so i toldthe guy to just leave the change of brake pads and air con thing, and carry on with the power steering fluid flush. i also told the car a couple times to call me if there's any more issues with the car.

when i collected the car, he told me that the brake pads are gone and that i shouldn't drive the car at all now and they are not liable for anything, etc. i was feeling a bit fishy bout this as i had replaced my front brake rotors under warranty only 12 mths prior to this under warranty (due to persistent warping of the rotors, i had it machnied but it came back 1 week later so i had them replaced, no problems since then) and i replaced the front brake pads as well (i remember it cost me $75 for the pair, they didn't charge me labour for it). so i queried the service guy about how my front brake pads were worn after only 17000km of travel, and of course he had no answer. i asked him to check the system of thelast service, and miraculously there was no record of me changing the brake pads...dodgy.

so yeah, i think that'll be the last time i go there for servicing and am now in the hunt for a better place to go. doesn't help that my remote for the centrallocking doesn't work now (see other post)...

Edited by saintz01

ive been servicing at toyota dealers since my family got my car.... means: " My family paid for it", now they got a new one.... so i had to pay for the old one which is mine now :spiteful: but... last service... i think it was 80k... it was $465... well my mum said she will pay for the first service and will let me pay after that.... im thinking to service at some private workshop or something... i asked them... and H3ll yeah... they gave me damn cheap price...

but the question is do u think its worthed to service outside toyota dealers?? will there be any effect??

:)

EDIT: sorry for the out of topic :P

Edited by LEGEND888

I bought my sportivo there and had them service my car since day one. Last service ( 50,oook service) cost me $ 195.00. The service includes Toyota genuine synthetic engine oil and oil filter,standard check for 50,000 service, vacumm and wash the car, and most importantly they provide me the loan car for free with half tank full of fuel. Last time they gave a brand new yaris s and also they ever gave me the toyota aurion as a loan car. How good is that.. Free loan car really makes my life easier........I think jason is the best person to talk to in service department

they give free loan cars?? i didnt know that!! :blink: and i work there too hahahahaha

• 6 months later...

My opinion on Galleria Toyota:

My mum-in-law had a flat battery, and I called in to them to ask them for the battery specifics (thinking I could get a cheaper battery from Supercheap etc).

3 of them in the parts dept could not figure out which battery would do. Not even their self-proclaimed 'parts interpreter'.

I would not trust my bicycle with them.

Edited by theDefiant1

I liked Newtown Toyota. Very reliable and quick to solve your problem. Although, I have Toyota Advantage discount, so I'm not quite sure what would happen once that runs out.

I have my personal mechanic that charges buggery all for any service of my other car. He only does north of river and is so so so so so reasonable with his price.

well anyone that can suggest a good honest mechanic shop, none of those dealerships/money making quick fix places - please do :P

Hey..

I use Dons Quality Car care behind Prosser Toyota on Bannister,I workd so breifly with Prossers but have always tyrusted Don huinter 7 his staff to do the right thing & still not be overcharged like the dealership i was working for.

Its a family run shoppe with family values,He's also very very honest on repairs other than the scaremongering of other workshops

Try him out ..i ve been wiv em for at least 10 years..thats in it self is a good record

Mo

well anyone that can suggest a good honest mechanic shop, none of those dealerships/money making quick fix places - please do :P

Hey..

I use Dons Quality Car care behind Prosser Toyota on Bannister,I workd so breifly with Prossers but have always tyrusted Don huinter 7 his staff to do the right thing & still not be overcharged like the dealership i was working for.

Its a family run shoppe with family values,He's also very very honest on repairs other than the scaremongering of other workshops

Try him out ..i ve been wiv em for at least 10 years..thats in it self is a good record

Mo

Does he do any type of cars? ie, imports

Hey..

Mo

Does he do any type of cars? ie, imports

Most mechanics i know prefer not to touch them but he workd on one of the first b4 subies & some of my mates 86's,Im pretty sure he wouldnt mind..all we gotta do is ask?

Hey..

Mo

Prossers have dropped in quality a bit. Service was average at best last time I went and when I got back in my car the stereo had been ****** with (bass turned waaaayy up) so god knows what they did with poor Eddie on their test drive. Not to mention they charge like a wounded bull - it use to be worth it but now I just don't see the point

Took it to RAC Perth (its in Northbridge) yesterday, customer service was meh but they seemed to of done a good job and charged me $260 (inc members discount) for an 80k service (minus air filter and brake fluid). All in all not to bad just make sure you ask for genuine Toyota parts if they need to change anything. The guy in front of me was complaining that they didn't use Honda parts on his Honda (boo hoo).

who services my cars??

i do..in fact i do EVERYTHING on my cars..the prices some people charge just for an oil change and filter is bull****.

Took it to RAC Perth (its in Northbridge) yesterday, customer service was meh but they seemed to of done a good job and charged me $260 (inc members discount) for an 80k service (minus air filter and brake fluid). All in all not to bad just make sure you ask for genuine Toyota parts if they need to change anything. The guy in front of me was complaining that they didn't use Honda parts on his Honda (boo hoo).

what does that include? if thats just for oil and filter and safety check id be doing some door knocking man!

Yeah its good to do it yourself if you have an old car or out of warranty.

I get my car serviced by a dealership just cause of warranty.

Never know what could go wrong with your car in those 3 years just after buying it.

80k service is a major service for the corolla.

Oil, oil filter, sparkplugs, coolant, brake fluid, air filter and fuel filter

Never know what could go wrong with your car in those 3 years just after buying it.

you get your car serviced at a dealership?? hahahaha you work for one!! so what are you on about lol :P

you get your car serviced at a dealership?? hahahaha you work for one!! so what are you on about lol :P

Sorry buddy, i think you got the wrong guy.

who services my cars??

i do..in fact i do EVERYTHING on my cars..the prices some people charge just for an oil change and filter is bull****.

what does that include? if thats just for oil and filter and safety check id be doing some door knocking man!

The actual service cost me about 180 bucks. They just did the usual and didn't bother with the brake fluid, fuel filter and air filter (I got TRD CAI yo!) so yeah.

I got a wheel balance/rotate which cost me the extra 80 bucks.