new wheels!

lateralus

I bought the 18" kappa wheels from Toyota for my V6 Camry Sportivo about 2 weeks ago, and I've been meaning to take some photos to throw on here. I took 3 photos and the camera battery died, lol...So this is the best one I've taken thus far

They're on 235/40/R18 Hankook Ventus V8 RSH424's

I will take some more photos to put on here soon.

Enjoy!

Edited by lateralus

They're great to drive with too; the car feels so much more stable, but these wheels are a lot wider, so that comes naturally. Tyre noise is reduced a bit too.

I got the rims for $400 each, and the tyres $225, so it came to $2500 for the lot fitted, balanced with front and rear alignment. I'm keeping the original spare.

wow

400 a corner just for the metal

genuine toyota must be...a high price! or is that roughly how much 18' wheels cost nowadays?

wow

genuine toyota must be...a high price! or is that roughly how much 18' wheels cost nowadays?

Nah you can set up with 18's for about half that if you shop around.

Although those TRD rims are really nice, you always pay top dollar for anything TRD.

Nice work though, they look wicked on the car!!

wow

well $400 is doing pretty good, i think. that's the best price i could find for these wheels from about 6 dealerships, considering that they retail for about $540 a pop.

Just a few questions if you don't mind:

What state are you from?

Did you move from the original 16" to 18"? If yes, how have you found the ride? I'm expecting the cornering handling has been improved, right?

I ask this last question as I have driven the current model Camry Sportivo with stock 17" and the ride feels a little 'jiggly' at times.

Thanks for your help.

I too have the same car, but have purchased the 17" Aurion rims secondhand and waiting for the current tires to wear out. However, my decision has been thrown into doubt having experienced the ride of the current model Camry Sportivo.

-m_luke

Just a few questions if you don't mind:

What state are you from?

Did you move from the original 16" to 18"? If yes, how have you found the ride? I'm expecting the cornering handling has been improved, right?

I ask this last question as I have driven the current model Camry Sportivo with stock 17" and the ride feels a little 'jiggly' at times.

I'm from Melbourne, in the northern suburbs. I went from the stock 16" to the 18". I haven't had any funny feedback through the 18" wheels, it seems much smoother if anything!

Pure curiousity...

Would the "jigglyness" be from the fact that the profile of the tyre is much smaller?

I pumped the types up to what was written on the tyre placard - 35psi, I believe, on all four corners before I set off.

The smaller tyre profile was also my initial thought, but I guess I never expected such a dramatic rise in ride harshness having driven the test car over a variety of tarmac roads in Melbourne from freeway/motorway, suburban roads and streets to inner city streets with and without tram tracks and crossing over tram/railway crossings.

Obviously, the even stiffer suspension must having been a factor.

-m_luke

Edited by m_luke

The suspension is usually the most noticeable difference. I'd imagine the mix of both stiffer suspension, plus 35psi under a smaller profile would make it feel a tad harder.

... Imagine if you had Coilovers? Hehehehe... say goodbye to a nice smooth drive!

• 3 months later...
I've got some more pics.

Congratulations, They look fantastic

I am currently going through the process of changing rims from stock 15's to either 17 or 18 and still have not yet decided (obviously will need a quick call to the insurers to check no issues - have been caught out before)

Edited by jps137

Pure curiousity...

Would the "jigglyness" be from the fact that the profile of the tyre is much smaller?

I pumped the types up to what was written on the tyre placard - 35psi, I believe, on all four corners before I set off.

The smaller tyre profile was also my initial thought, but I guess I never expected such a dramatic rise in ride harshness having driven the test car over a variety of tarmac roads in Melbourne from freeway/motorway, suburban roads and streets to inner city streets with and without tram tracks and crossing over tram/railway crossings.

Obviously, the even stiffer suspension must having been a factor.

-m_luke

you are not on 35psi now are you? i'd expect it to run 38 - 40 with the low prof tyres..

but anyway..

THOSE RIMS LOOKS HOT!!!! love them :D

haha, talk about back from the dead :P

i'm loving these rims more now. i like when people stare at my car at traffic lights, haha. good feeling for a camry driver!

Edited by lateralus