Removing the Cat

its a common mod to do here in the UK. he obviously hasnt done his research as you need to replace the second lambda sensor with a dummy one which provides the ECU the signal that all is ok - but these lead to problems so its only a mod worth doing if you only have the lambda sensor before the cat.

Interestingly Toyota themselves were very against the compulsary fit of cats as they said the car uses more fuel as the cat restricts the car. they said the way forward was to make engines as effecient as possible so they use less fuel and burn cleaner. Toyota was starting to use lean burn engines but said the cat ruined them. how can any of you get on him about polluting - most of you are driving performance cars which are very polluting and how many of you use a BBQ to cook your food when there is a cleaner way to cook?

how many of you use a BBQ to cook your food when there is a cleaner way to cook?

Um, most BBQ's are gas. Can't really get any more efficent than that, unless you like your meat raw.

Philistein!! gas BBQ - i thought they were for jesses who dont like mucky hands?

Anyway - get them part numbers to you soon.......

Pads look the business - any thoughts on discs? swaying towards Tarox grooved or there sports japan discs but appears they dont make rears to match? waiting for an email back but would like front and rears to match............

Edited by AE102

• 3 weeks later...
:yahoo: I aint bothered man pple can say what they want, a few of u say im stupid this and that i am pouluting the air bla bla bla but at the end of the day all cars are doing this so...whatever yer!! I dont realy care if ur dissing me!! Every1 is entitled to their opinion !

Dont stress man. I'm removing mine too and i wont feel bad about it either. As long as there are coal fired stations I wont feel bad about removing my cat. Those things pollute the air more than a few cars running without cats.

Flame away...