Tough Windscreen on the Kluger

fish475

Yep, had a sizable stone wack my windscreen so hard I sh*t myself, from a semi trailer late yesterday near Elmore up from Bendigo.

It hit 3 to 4 inches above the dash windscreen union and almost in the middle. It done a cracker of a Bullseye and I stopped in anticipation of a dent in the roof or some damage near me spot lights etc, seeing the wack was so hard.

Ran me finger over the screen and nearly cut me self, then applied windscreen saver patches.

Lucky, early this morning Novus was able to repair it, although it's not a perfect repair. Looks like there a small splattered bug were it was repaired. But it's not in the line of vision. Plus I didn't really want it replaced as I have all that anti dash rattle stuff in the inside and outside of the lower parts of the windscreen to correct that previously posted rattle issue I had.

Guess with the angled rake of the windscreen along with it's toughness, she held up quite well.

Sounds like you were pretty lucky there mate, and not shopping for a new windscreen today! :)

Hope the Novus repair lasts for you, coming into winter will certainly test out their workmanship... From what I have heard they do good work though

Cheers

Edited by holmesie

The windscreen has a protection layer of some sort, which gives it extra strenght, which is the cause of the problem with all klugers, when you look out from the drivers seat, at the 10 oclock angle, you can see the imperfection caused by this layer of stuff.

I have found less rocks being flicked up to my car as its alot higher, but trucks i try to avoid being too close behind as we had a similar experience in tassie which cracked the commodore windscreen, luckily it was a work car so they replaced it when i got back. I think the rocks that are this large get wedged in between the trucks tires at the rear and get spat out at speed, quite dangerous really.

Novus can fix most crack, and they should be very durable. Any one called for a quote of a new windscreen. May be I just call to see the damage. I have insurance for a new one anyway.