New car polish all but gone:(

Blackkluger

After we had the 1000k checkup, the dealer gives it a free car wash, hand wash. I would have refused if it was a machine, but i though hey it will be as good as ours.

It seems the wash was ok. but they missed a few spots of dirt, no worries, the 'Intelligent' guy that comes around after to dry it with a shammy rubs it all off....not even a bucket of water to rince the shammy!

Well talk about scratches gallore. and they claim it cant be them! Thats it, NO ONE WILL WASH MY CAR EVER AGAIN!

Will attempt to polish these imperfections out today, i'll let you know how i go. I cannot believe they would go around doing this unknowingly. I meant, when i picked the car up, it was spotless, not it looks at least 6 mths old not 3 weeks...

Very dissapointed Frankston TOYOTA.

Although the service was thorough, they fixed the little things i had mentioned, you know, like the handbrake not holding the car on my driveway.

After we had the 1000k checkup, the dealer gives it a free car wash, hand wash. I would have refused if it was a machine, but i though hey it will be as good as ours.

It seems the wash was ok. but they missed a few spots of dirt, no worries, the 'Intelligent' guy that comes around after to dry it with a shammy rubs it all off....not even a bucket of water to rince the shammy!

Well talk about scratches gallore. and they claim it cant be them! Thats it, NO ONE WILL WASH MY CAR EVER AGAIN!

Will attempt to polish these imperfections out today, i'll let you know how i go. I cannot believe they would go around doing this unknowingly. I meant, when i picked the car up, it was spotless, not it looks at least 6 mths old not 3 weeks...

Very dissapointed Frankston TOYOTA.

Although the service was thorough, they fixed the little things i had mentioned, you know, like the handbrake not holding the car on my driveway.

OMG...I would be very upset. they offered to wash my car when i went in for my service, but i said no. On a side note last week i bought Meguiares NXT Generation Car Wash, my car has not shone like it does now...cant recommend enough, it is about $20 at supacheap, but it is money well spent.

Sorry to hear that, I had a similar experience at another Toyota dealer and I am just trying to work which polish to use on my new Black Kluger.

I think you can’t beat doing it yourself, let me know how things go.

I tried two regular polishes, even though it shimmering now, i will have to eventually use cut and polish to get these out...

Is that car wash the waterless one?

I use the wash and wax one which gives it a polished look as well, i mean, i wash it about 5 times and never has it come up as bad as what they did.

You blokes are scaring me about taking my car in to the dealer full stop!

I don't like anyone touching my cars as none of them will do the same quality as I can but I don't want to not do the first check up? I might just tell them I got it done else where out of town :whistling: and fill in the book myself, when you see all the pimple faced apprentices in those dealerships it really gets your heart rate up :rolleyes::angry: :(

I tried two regular polishes, even though it shimmering now, i will have to eventually use cut and polish to get these out...

Is that car wash the waterless one?

I use the wash and wax one which gives it a polished look as well, i mean, i wash it about 5 times and never has it come up as bad as what they did.

nope...do not...i repeat.....do not use waterless carwash, a friend is a panel beater and he has told me that they ever so slowly cratch the car. the NXT is a water carwash and it is beautiful to use. I also have the Meguiares lambswool mit.

You blokes are scaring me about taking my car in to the dealer full stop!

I don't like anyone touching my cars as none of them will do the same quality as I can but I don't want to not do the first check up? I might just tell them I got it done else where out of town :whistling: and fill in the book myself, when you see all the pimple faced apprentices in those dealerships it really gets your heart rate up :rolleyes::angry: :(

the guys where i go at stewart toyota are very professional and i trust them....but not to clean the car.

I will wash my car from now on, they put a note on my account : DO NOT WASH!

LOL

Ayway, since it didnt rain in melbourne yesterday, my cars still shinny. Should have seen everyone walking past and rubber necking towards my car and now watching where they are going. Its a good feeling. Though some of these "experience drivers" dont take care when parking, there was nearly an accident.

Anyone know of a shopping centre with extre wide parks? If people dont park properly or right on the line, i havent the guts to try and park there as yet, as it is, it feels like im going to hit theirs...lol

LOL

Ayway, since it didnt rain in melbourne yesterday, my cars still shinny. Should have seen everyone walking past and rubber necking towards my car and now watching where they are going. Its a good feeling. Though some of these "experience drivers" dont take care when parking, there was nearly an accident.

Anyone know of a shopping centre with extre wide parks? If people dont park properly or right on the line, i havent the guts to try and park there as yet, as it is, it feels like im going to hit theirs...lol

i always try to park between 2 columns at the shopping centre...people these days dont give a f***

LOL

i always try to park between 2 columns at the shopping centre...people these days dont give a f***

Yesterday we parked next to another Kluger 'cause we knew they'd take care opening doors on another! :D

Edited by PaulG

I also told my wife to gratefully decline the offer of a free sanding wash with the 1,000k service. I don't trust anybody with washing it.

Had a bad experience with the first service of my first WRX. Had to ask the dealer whether they washed it with steel wool! :angry:

I use the Meguiars NXT Generation Car Wash too.

But you should follow it up with the NXT Wax. This stuff is like a polish and wax in one, dead easy to apply. Let it dry to a white haze and towell it off.

Recommended to put it on at the start of each season, i.e; 4 times a year.

Gives the car the 'wet look'

http://www.meguiars.com/?liquid-car-waxes/...ration-Tech-Wax

Went to Kmart on Sunday after reading the advice and bought the Meguiars NXT Car Wash $13, NXT Wax $30 and pretty much anything that had Meguiars written on it. They had 25% off car care gear. :yahoo:

Looking forward to using it next weekend.

I use the Meguiars NXT Generation Car Wash too.

But you should follow it up with the NXT Wax. This stuff is like a polish and wax in one, dead easy to apply. Let it dry to a white haze and towell it off.

Recommended to put it on at the start of each season, i.e; 4 times a year.

Gives the car the 'wet look'

http://www.meguiars.com/?liquid-car-waxes/...ration-Tech-Wax

thnks I wasnt sure how to apply or when...cheers