need help

but what i need to know is what size exhaust do the stivos have stock standard?

would changing the muffler make a difference to power in the car? good or bad?

because ive noticed that theres a few places at the moment that are selling mufflers pretty damn cheap and what i wanna know is if i got one of these mufflers will it make the car sound nice? or does it take a whole exhaust system to do it?

and if so will i loose power by adding a muffler or gain power or if i added the muffler will it stay the same but have a nice ring to it?

i feel like a dud asking this but theres only one way to find out.

plus im not gonna blow my hard earned cash on somthing to find i loose power or it doesnt even make the car sound better?

PLEASE HELP :blink:

probably that cheap stuff you have seen is universal straight through no baffle so no back pressure and several members here have discussed this is not good so try a search there would be heaps of info.

to change the sound and maintain and could increase power you would need to grab yourself the jap stuff like trd, c-one, fujitsubo, tanabe, suruga, kakimoto etc.

typhoon motorsports has a one of a kind tanabe system from the headers to cat to muffler. they also have the trd muffler for runx. get off the computer and visit them you in melbourne.

yeah im in melbourne. but im slack lol :D

but what i wanted to know does the muffler change the sound of the car or is it more of the whole exhaust?

and if ya know what size exhaust is standard on the stivos?

is it 2" or is it 2 1/2"?

the few different ones ive seen arnt super cheap but way cheaper than getting a whole new exhaust sytem. im not to concerned about getting more power as much as id like to but i just wanna make sure that i dont loose any power by getting a new muffler.

plus the ones ive seen are like 2 1/2" inlet to 3 1/2" out let or 4" outlet.

plus i really wanna goto typhoon but i know when i do ill spend spend spend even if i shouldnt or couldnt. ;)

Can't go past a CES system for sound and performance. And probably way cheaper than any of the Jap tuner stuff. Check out some of the old threads for more info. I've heard some Stivo's with just the rear muffler changed to either a canon or some huge diameter ricey muffler and honestly they sound crap! Noisey above legal limits and most probably lose a significant edge off their car's performance.

basically if you increase the diameter of pipe from the cat back (our cat is good) and then use a good muffler you should get some gains.

if you just want to do the muffler then go the dtm magnaflow muffler like shao's

These are the only 2 ways that I have sen increased power output from the exhaust alsone.

ok cool so if i change just the muffler i might not get anymore power but wont loose any power from stock?

because at the moment as much as id like more power ive only got a few points left and more kw is the last thing i need right now im bad enough as it is.

oh yeah and OF COURSE u can't go past the CES system

how could i forget???  :lol:

hey buddy where would i pickup a CES muffler system in melbourne? would u know how much it'll cost and how much extra power will it increase ? :o

cheerios :lol:

John

oh yeah and OF COURSE u can't go past the CES system

how could i forget???  :lol:

hey buddy where would i pickup a CES muffler system in melbourne? would u know how much it'll cost and how much extra power will it increase ? :o

cheerios :lol:

John

i dun think u can get JUST the muffler. u'll have to speak with silvabullit