Fastest 1/4 time for stock corolla sportivo

hey rooster by stock u mean as delivered @ the dealership and no removal of weight and no fiddling with tyre pressure etc ?

not too sure but someone in this club i think got a 14.8 stock as a rock

on of the melb guys had his car tested ages ago by one of the holden test drivers ...... his car had a light weight flywheel, HD clutch & quick shifter so not exactly power adding mods but will still help for a quicker 1/4 and it landed a 14.8 ..... but yeah from a dead stock perspective i think superdaves is the quickest i think.

the one from the other night in sydney that ran a 14.8 had the interior stripped i believe and a CAI installed

..... but yeah from a dead stock perspective i think superdaves is the quickest i think.

Maybe he's just a better driver? :P

He also doesn't weigh much either!! Doesn't Superdave have an extra oil cooler, etoll and an ice cream bucket scoop/air deflector thingy? :P

I ran a 15.4 in a complete car with nothing removed. Had catback, CAI and headers and was launching at 4000rpm. Unfortunately I had a gearbox issue that wouldn't allow me to land 2nd gear at high RPM even after having the clutch adjustment done. So all the benefit of the mods were lost in trying to get 2nd gear without it crunching/binding. The top end was there but dropping well off lift into 2nd kinda kills the inertia!! Never got back to the track after I got the box fixed. Land 2nd every single time after that was fixed!!!

still bill that is moded it does not have power adding parts on the engine but it help, i mean completely stock as a rock. So superdave was the fastest with the stock engine. My aim is to beat that time and set a new record, improve my driving skills to... look like i am heading to the creek B)

How difficult or troublesome will it be to add an oil cooler into a stivo?

How much to do that and can the parts be bought off the shelf ??

Are you asking me that?

Custom made all brackets, all parts came from either Earl's or Pirtek (because they sponsored Ambrose :P). Costs can range from a few hundred to about a thousand.

The Sportivo already comes with an oil cooler. So unless you are having oil temp issues then you don't need to expand upon it.

Don't want to get off topic though.

yeah.. i ran 14.8 i took out my seats and spare tyre, and cold air intake, i had a shocking 60 footer, that was my 1st time i have ever been the creek to ever race my car, and havent had my car for long either. A couple more times i should be able to get it 14.7 or even 14.6 once i lower it and get a better launch, but yeah man all sportivos standard personally i think are different, some make more power than others, just depends how much the car has been opened up and how good it goes.

You never know you might get the 15.0 flat.

goodluck rustem with ur runs.

although to be able to get better than 15.2...... ur gona have to get mad take off and make sure all ur shifts r sweet as its hard in these stivo's to make perfect shifts....

ama neyse bol sanslar canim

well i'm from Jamaica, and i had a '05 RUNX Z i bought from japan, i won the 15 sec class 1st time out, and the following meet i broke out with a time of 14.8 sec.

please note that i had removed the seats (bk & frt) plus spare.

mods were:

DIY CAI & a RSR catback exhaust (2 1/4") taken from my previous car, a 97 BZ-R.

heres the link with me winning the 15sec finals.

this is with me and a friend having a little fun on the highway. he had no speed cut.