Toyota Aurion Double Din???

myztik

Hey,

I remember reading somewhere on forums that Toyota has genuine double din fascias for Aurion for $30; so you can put

in your after market head units?

The other day I popped down to Big Rock Toyota (Perth) and asked the guy that worked at parts department and

it doesn't seem to have any knowledge of Toyota making these. Instead he gave me the layout of the current

face I have on atm.

My question is, is it coz the guy is unaware that Toyota produce these or because they genuinely do not make it?

Coz I would buy from Toyota if they do make it rather than buying form Ebay. Its just the fact that I would feel

a lot calmer doing this way knowing that it came straight from Toyota.

cheers guys

Hey,

I remember reading somewhere on forums that Toyota has genuine double din fascias for Aurion for $30; so you can put in your after market head units?

i dont think toyota made it, check Aerpro, they are the one who sell the $30 fascia kit.

this question is answered at least 3 times...

Whether or not Toyota makes them or not, Toyota do sell it as a genuine part. it is around $30 bucks,

Obviously the guy doesnt know what he is talking about, perhaps ask for the Camry double din facia as well, as they may have listed in under that car.

I have one on my car to fit the Kenwood DDin unit.

Whether or not Toyota makes them or not, Toyota do sell it as a genuine part. it is around $30 bucks,

Obviously the guy doesnt know what he is talking about, perhaps ask for the Camry double din facia as well, as they may have listed in under that car.

u got it from toyota? any difference? very interested to know..

yes they definatly do them,, thyre around $30 odd bucks , height wise it will fit perfectly,but you will need to make up some fill in plates for the sides,, the opening is wider than double din,, go to toyota spares and ask for the extra fitting kit that is needed to fit the TOMTOM GPS headunit from the accessorys range ,, i think they call it the Follow me gps or something like that,,its a double din unit and then you buy the fascia your looking for as an extra requirement to fit it properly.unfortunatly the fill plates only come with the tomtom unit,, so you have to make something up.hope this helps.

Hey,

I remember reading somewhere on forums that Toyota has genuine double din fascias for Aurion for $30; so you can put in your after market head units?

i dont think toyota made it, check Aerpro, they are the one who sell the $30 fascia kit.

I am just wondering...

From Aerpro, which kit does exactly fit with aurion?

I am a bit confused because there is nothing for aurion and it seems like I have to get one of camry one right?

but which one?

Hey,

I am just wondering...

I am a bit confused because there is nothing for aurion and it seems like I have to get one of camry one right?

but which one?

YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVENT BEEN READING OTHER PEOPLES POSTS,,, ITS NOT AN AERPRO ITEM YOUR AFTER.

Hey,

I am just wondering...

but which one?

YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVENT BEEN READING OTHER PEOPLES POSTS,,, ITS NOT AN AERPRO ITEM YOUR AFTER.

I know all the replies talking about you can get it from toyota BUT like I said i was just wondering

which one (exact kits or model name) I have to get if I buy it FROM AERPRO.

The reason why I was asking is I don't wanna be bothered of looking for the extra kit to fit it perfectly.

However, AERPRO has got all the pieces included and I don't need to look for any other extra stuffs.

MAYBE YOU DID NOT SEE THE QUOTE THAT I USED. :P

Penny Farthing!

Pardon my ignorance, but wtf is a double din facia?

Em..single/double din means all about size depends on ISO(International Organization for Standardization).

Let me just explain with picture without any jargon. :D

afe2ca300f.jpg

If you see the picture, there are 2slots (cd/dvd player & empty slot underneath).

If any of cd/dvd players uses 1 slot(like the picture), it means single din.

Sometimes, players are bigger than 1 slot and takes 2 slots, it is double din.

I hope this helps you to get what din means.

:)

Hey,

I am just wondering...

but which one?

I know all the replies talking about you can get it from toyota BUT like I said i was just wondering

which one (exact kits or model name) I have to get if I buy it FROM AERPRO.

The reason why I was asking is I don't wanna be bothered of looking for the extra kit to fit it perfectly.

However, AERPRO has got all the pieces included and I don't need to look for any other extra stuffs.

MAYBE YOU DID NOT SEE THE QUOTE THAT I USED. :P

sorry ,,got you now,, but i'm not sure aerpro do one for the camry/aurion at all.

Yep , Melbourne City Toyota, it looks like its part of the car no doubt and feels like it too, and as said as before you need the spacers, the facia is not a standard shape, the car audio place i installed actually had the spacers to my suprise.

I was originally thinking or overlaying my interior panels, the silver bits to polished granite like what you get in the Honda accord and euro, looks so much better,

Edited by AcoustiK

what i know is, i called Aerpro, they told me that they supply, so i just ordered and put onto my car for a 7inch alpine W202E..

IF you heard that they dont make it, mayb i was talking to and buying from alien.

will take a pic and show, asap.. ;)

• 5 months later...

I just bought the double-din fascia plate from Toyota in Mt. Gravatt (Brisbane) too for my Camry Altise 2007 and the opening in the fascia is actually bigger than double-din. The opening is 8" wide by 4.5" tall. I think it's more for allowing other Toyota headunits to fit in, as opposed to any aftermarket double-din unit. You'll probably need some sort of filling piece to pad the opening if you use this face plate for a double-din unit.

I think the 09 Camrys/Aurions come out with the double din head unit and fascia now.

Those spacers you need, for installing aftermarket head units can be found in any car audio shops for roughly $20 which includes a pocket and two spacers.

• 3 months later...

yes there is,

with an aftermarket facia its flat surface, but a genuwine is a bit curvy. hard to explain but if i come across any pics ill show.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

In light of following the "Korman's How-To" on taking out the factory head unit (cheers for that :P), I've got myself a double din facia with a tray through a local dealer to put in an after market single din audio unit. However the tray is loose in terms of width of the facia's mouth but that's ok I'll just get it replaced.

My question is... Has anyone performed this yet by their own? If so could you share some light in to this matter? Will the mouth of the double din facia unit fit well with aftermarket head units?

Taking the stuff out of the dash board was somewhat satisfying.... :P

Appreciate the help!