PHOBIA. 86' Toyota Corona RT142.

PHOBIA

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since I updated my page.....

Took PHOBIA out for a drive yesterday. Headed up to Newcastle for the afternoon and took the time to snap a few photos out in the sun.

Looking forward to getting back to Newcastle next month for the NAS. It's been 3 years since I entered, what I would call, my local event. Come say geday if your there ;)

100_7109_0001.jpg

100_7117_0001.jpg

100_7124_0001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hello PHOBIA,

I was wondering where you got your bodykit from? because i have a 1986 Toyota Corona ST141 and i want to fit it with a body kit but where ever i go they tell me that they dont make them for my car. Can you help me?

Mate, check out post number 21 in this thread. :whistling:

It was actually made for me about 9 years ago by NewStyle Motorsport in Sydney. I’m sure they would still have the mold for it, or be able to knock something up for you. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Entered PHOBIA into the Newcastle Auto Salon on the weekend. It's been 3 years since I entered there last and was happy to be back at my localish show.

Anyway, picked up "Dare to be Different" who would of thought, ha ha. I love winning those awards, always puts a smile on my face. :D

Enjoy...

100_7407.jpg

100_7400.jpg

100_7416.jpg

100_7371.jpg

100_7401.jpg

100_7405.jpg

100_7404.jpg

Entered PHOBIA into the Newcastle Auto Salon on the weekend. It's been 3 years since I entered there last and was happy to be back at my localish show.

Anyway, picked up "Dare to be Different" who would of thought, ha ha. I love winning those awards, always puts a smile on my face. :D

Enjoy...

100_7407.jpg

100_7400.jpg

100_7416.jpg

100_7371.jpg

100_7401.jpg

100_7405.jpg

100_7404.jpg

Good work mate. Congrats :clap:

Been a while since I updated my page.....

Took PHOBIA out for a drive yesterday. Headed up to Newcastle for the afternoon and took the time to snap a few photos out in the sun.

Looking forward to getting back to Newcastle next month for the NAS. It's been 3 years since I entered, what I would call, my local event. Come say geday if your there ;)

100_7109_0001.jpg

100_7117_0001.jpg

100_7124_0001.jpg

What sort of paint you got on this baby??

Is it like a slight pearl or something cause you can see a bit of like aqua sparkle in the sunlight.

Ha ha ha cheers Ben, it did pay off having your beast cranking all weekend! ;)

How could you not win awards with the two best Toyotas of the show right opposite each other?

• 2 months later...

Wow, it's been too long since I updated my page, so much has happened..... :spiteful:

Well, this biggest thing, now that I’m actually driving PHOBIA, would have to me coming to the realization that the GT35 I was running was just too big for the revless 22RE.....

So, I sold that, and purchased the following GT3076 with the smaller .63 rear housing and .6 front housing. <_< This should get me on boost a damn site quicker and make driving PHOBIA a much less violent affair and a damn sight more enjoyable. :yahoo:

Anyway, the turbo has just arrived, so here are a couple of snaps before I drop it off to be ceramic coated.

Out with the lag monster....

100_0357.jpg

In with the cute little GT3076....

100_0397.jpg

100_03991.jpg

I also had Redvan come out to give the tires the white wall treatment..... They did a great job, just makes the wheels look massive. :unsure:

Anyway, here are a couple of pics from the Toymods Mega Cruise last month. Enjoy.

PHOBIAMC6.jpg

PHOBIAMC7.jpg

PHOBIAMC4.jpg

Nice photos poser ;)

Walls do look awesome, they made mine look so much bigger too...

Will be working out my turbo setup sometime soon, still don't know what to buy tho...

Yeah Benny, get some boost for that weapon. :spiteful:

You still going big, or just looking for a streetable package?

Just a small update.....

The new GT3076 has been coated, and is awaiting relocation to its new home..... I have also booked some time on the rollers at SAS and Dave's wizardry next Wednesday the 17th..... Can't wait to see the results. :yahoo:

100_0573.jpg

100_0587.jpg

100_0578.jpg

Well, the new turbo is in...... :yahoo:

Things to note, boost is almost instant ish, ok, so it comes on at about 2400rpms not 3600 like is used too...... I only cruised around the block, just to check all my lines and see when positive pressure was made, so we will all have to wait until tuning next Wednesday to see the full results.

Also, the GT3076 with the antisurge front housing has a whistle not to dissimilar to the HKS turbo's..... It sounds nothing like the GT35 when coming on boost. Has anyone had any experience with this turbo and how it sounds? Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I also want to make sure its normal. :unsure:

100_0606.jpg

100_0623.jpg

100_0619.jpg

It's Done!!!!! :yahoo:

PHOBIA had its date with the rollers yesterday. Dave worked his magic and here are the results as promised. ;)

This first graph is the overlay. The blue lines are the power and torque with the GT35, on a 100LL avgas, no catalytic converter and 20psi.

The red lines are the new GT3076, on 98, with a new exhaust including a 3 inch metal cored cat and 20psi (1.4bar)

Yeah, you can see it too hey, it makes a smidge more top end, but significantly more torque, and actually where it's needed! :blink:

I am ecstatic with the results, my first drive showed just how big the improvement was through the seat of your pants.

PHOBIAOverlap.jpg

Here are the AFR, pretty good considering there are 8 injectors that require staging all run by a primitive Delco computer, full credit to Dave. :cool:

Obviously, at 20psi, this was a pretty conservative tune compared to the 25-28psi the motor has run in the past. But, I have come to the realization that it's not going to win anything for outright power, so I just want a nice package that I can actually do some klms in now.

Yep, I’m buzzing and can’t wait to get out and enjoy it. :yahoo:

PHOBIAGT3076.jpg

• 5 months later...