Bagged surf

luxsurfer

Ok guys some of you may remember my old truck....white extra cab lux, caddies many know it as the Jac455 truck! Well it was defected by Qld transport just after hwh 06! So ever since my aim was to build something better and roll it on the coast with my chin high!! I sold off the tray, engine, some panels and the interior out of JAC455! i then picked myself up a 1991 2 door surf, yet after some uming and aring......decieded that the panel damage on the 2 door was to extencive to repair and timewise would probably not see the road for another 3 years!!!! I then went on the search for a straight 4 door surf which i found on ebay and bought!!

I have used the chassis out of JAC455 for the surf chassis although many changes have been made, like shortening the chassis 410mm to accomidate for the fixure of the surf body, was rear clipped yet i have chosen to go with a canti setup which dicko at customworks will be taking care of! also the frame has been Z'd 40mm and front horns dropped 113mm to allow for the Z and a 3inch body drop! a lexus 1uzfe now sits between the rails where the good old 22r used to chug along! Looking deeper you can see that a set of castlemain rodshop engine mounts have been used and v8 crown exhaust manifolds!

As far as the suspension up front goes......it has Cando tubular upper and lower control arms, slam bags and 2 inch drop spindles! I have used slotted rotors but am looking into upgrading the brakes and rear discs in the near future!!!

heare are some pics of the progress.......this has been top secret for the past to years yet i want share with you all as different opinions are always welcome!!!!!!

THE OLD JAC455

P1000607.jpg

THE NEW JAC455

trucks183-1.jpg

trucks184.jpg

trucks142.jpg

trucks104.jpg

the new body!!!

trucks001-1.jpg

Wanted to run something a little different to the surf grill and headlights so i got my hands on a 99 toyota tacoma billet grill, headlights and corner lights from the USA (taco's are the american hilux)... also had the corners of the fenders sent over so i can graft them into the 89-96 surf guards!!! big job but well worth it i think!!!

Tacoma grill, flush headlights and corner lights

trucks010.jpg

Got a few goodies for the surf!!!

surfgoodies003.jpg

will keep you guys updated!!!! Let me know what you think!!

Cheers Jack

P.s. This is the look i'm after, this is Jimboots form NSW's toyota surf!! He has helped me heaps along the way!

Pic007a.jpg

cheers guys. its a big project as there are only 3 of these surfs on the road in Australia!! Rear clip goes on in a month and then its time to do the body swap! Got mandrel bent rails from Mac Bros racing for the rear and it is getting cliped with a tuckshop/customworks cantilever rear clip!!

Mandrel bent rails to lay on 22's

surfgoodies005-1.jpg

the tuckshop/customworks rear clip

rearclip3.jpg

Ive always wanted one a bagged surf or landcruiser.......never had the skills or time to do it....not to mention the $$$$$$$$$$

Big props to you, look forward to seeing the final product.

cheers for the comments! I'm doing a 3inch body drop so it will sit 3inches lower than the maroon and white one in the pic!!! Can't wait to roll this...its been a long time coming!!! hahahaha Has anyone got any recommendation on the wiring on the V8 engine??? Around the Gold Coast, brissy area!!! I love the sound the lexus v8's give out!

Edited by luxsurfer

I'm running the 2000 model tacoma front end...Vagas is running the newer one which is different!! Suits the newer model but as for the 89-96 models i think it would look ugly on them! I wanted two tone but now that i look around everyone is doing it these days so i have to aim for something a little different...i do have a few ideas but i'm along way away from paint!!!

Thanks phobia!! i actually looked at your build 1st when i signed up and and was really impressed!! Another person who isn't doing the normal!! Congrats on your ride bro!

Yeah rolla boy......no matter what you do it goes out of date so fast!! Its hard keeping up with the trends but we all try to!! hahaha What ride are you two toning??

cheers for the comments! I'm doing a 3inch body drop so it will sit 3inches lower than the maroon and white one in the pic!!!

:o How the hell do u get lower than that. Its already sitting on the ground. :P Gotta love custom

Edited by trentmeyer23

Thanks phobia!! i actually looked at your build 1st when i signed up and and was really impressed!! Another person who isn't doing the normal!! Congrats on your ride bro!

Yeah rolla boy......no matter what you do it goes out of date so fast!! Its hard keeping up with the trends but we all try to!! hahaha What ride are you two toning??

Thanks mate, it's tough to keep it fresh in this scene. Keep up the good work. ;)

yeah they are!! was going to go with the 1j but mods to the firewall had to made to sqeeze it in!!

As for trentmeyer23's question. to get it another 3inches lower, you cut out the floor pan and lower the cab over the cassis 3inch, remove the pinch and weld a filler in! then plate the sides of the floor and there you have it!! I love body drops....even they are becoming more and more common!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well the new rear clip was made and welded this weekend! came up really good! Big thanks has to go to Richard from customworks in Sydney for flying up and do it for me!!! CHAMP!!! We haven't mounted the crossmember or shocks yet as we plan to incorperate them into the tube work which will be going in the rear clip shortly

The new cantilever 4 link! Made but richard at customworks

surfengineers006.jpg

All the 4 link tabs were TIG welded

surfengineers004.jpg

surfengineers014.jpg

4 link tabs were welded to the diff

surfengineers010.jpg

In the arvo its relax time...HELLO RICHARD hahahaha

surfengineers011.jpg

surfengineers017.jpg

surfengineers020.jpg

And then the arvo was followed by this