muffler choice

hi all

ive decided to get rid of my cannon muffler as its getting more annoying as i get older

im deciding between an oval with twin tips and one with single

im jsut wondering if anyone knows if there is a difference between the performance of each one and which one people think looks better

just throw down your thoughts

thanks

Jay.

ps. feel free to remove this thread if its been covered mods

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twin tips FTW!

Should be very very minimal differences in performance between the single & twin tip...assuming the overall tip size is similar, if anything the twin will be a tiny bit quieter but not overly noticable difference.

hi all

ive decided to get rid of my cannon muffler as its getting more annoying as i get older

im deciding between an oval with twin tips and one with single

im jsut wondering if anyone knows if there is a difference between the performance of each one and which one people think looks better

just throw down your thoughts

thanks

Jay.

ps. feel free to remove this thread if its been covered mods

OMG.. are u selling ur muffler jay? LOL.. how loud does it get? LOL

u know twin looks better ;) suits the shape of the hatch

IMG_0175.jpg

LOL... yeah.. twin looks better ey... where did u get ur muffler done andy? how much did it cost u? i want a muffly now T_T hahahah....

i got my muffler from aspec.. talk to frankie as he can hook u up with cheap install as well.. i got mine installed at ozfit mufflers in burswood for only 65 bucks.. but i'm lookin at a catback system now.. ;)

u know twin looks better ;) suits the shape of the hatch

IMG_0175.jpg

LOL... yeah.. twin looks better ey... where did u get ur muffler done andy? how much did it cost u? i want a muffly now T_T hahahah....

i got my muffler from aspec.. talk to frankie as he can hook u up with cheap install as well.. i got mine installed at ozfit mufflers in burswood for only 65 bucks.. but i'm lookin at a catback system now.. ;)

LOL, damn... definetly looking for a muffler soon ey... and if u going to change ur muff.... please have me as ur first buyer... LOL... coz ur muff is sexy LOL... and it doesnt sound too loud... yummmm... LOL

yeh i was originally thinking single tip, but all of a sudden i fell in love with the twins

and yes, legend888 im thinking of selling my cannon, if you want it, i warn you though, it gets loud

lol come on jason, i thought i told u to get a x-force varex u wont regret the buy, best thing i ever did for my sportivo :D

no money.. you should know how fast my money goes haha

yeh i was originally thinking single tip, but all of a sudden i fell in love with the twins

and yes, legend888 im thinking of selling my cannon, if you want it, i warn you though, it gets loud

LOL, damn i havent meet your car bro... :D:D... and i havent meet u too... LOL... have u got any video of how loud does it get? but i ask jeremy and all, " is Jay's cannon loud??" they said... " OH! its LOUD!" LOL.... is it annoying tho? if too loud i might get like andy's one... not too loud... LOL

lol come on jason, i thought i told u to get a x-force varex u wont regret the buy, best thing i ever did for my sportivo :D

This varex exhaust looks interesting :D

Got any footage of it with the valve fully open and closed?

This varex exhaust looks interesting :D

Got any footage of it with the valve fully open and closed?

dont think he has any footage, but ive seen it in person and i can say it makes a huge difference when its closed

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of any good exhaust places in Perth that is reasonably priced????

Everywhere I go they're either not interested in my business and brush me off, or quote me ridiculous prices, or they're a dodgey place.

It's so hard with a Corolla people tend to be so up themselves and when they see you car their facial expression pretty much says 'your car is a joke'

:(

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of any good exhaust places in Perth that is reasonably priced????

Everywhere I go they're either not interested in my business and brush me off, or quote me ridiculous prices, or they're a dodgey place.

It's so hard with a Corolla people tend to be so up themselves and when they see you car their facial expression pretty much says 'your car is a joke'

Alot of people i know have gone to Willeton Exhaust. I've heard that their prices are reasonable, but i havent had any work done with them, but the work they do is pretty good!

Alot of people i know have gone to Willeton Exhaust. I've heard that their prices are reasonable, but i havent had any work done with them, but the work they do is pretty good!

hehe... i might sound like noob... but im a noob... LOL... how much is reasonable price jayme?? LOL.. :D:D

I've heard good things about Mettam's Mufflers in Morley, but after I've been there I still have my doubts.

Prices can vary dude, depending on what you're getting done. i.e. Mendrel bend or press bend, stainless or mild, what type of muffler and what tip etc etc.

Might give Willetton exhaust a go tomor and see what they say.

I've heard good things about Mettam's Mufflers in Morley, but after I've been there I still have my doubts.

Prices can vary dude, depending on what you're getting done. i.e. Mendrel bend or press bend, stainless or mild, what type of muffler and what tip etc etc.

Might give Willetton exhaust a go tomor and see what they say.

LOL... oh yeah.. i went to this muffler place in norma road... the person treat me like i know nothing ey... " in here mate.... we make the mufflers to fit ur car.. and which one is ur car?" LOL... im like the corolla there, and there was a guy there... seems to be a customer, seems wanted to laugh but hold it out....

hate that ey... LOL

i might go willo exhaust tomoz too ey... my only free time :D:D

andy, do you have any photos of your car from the bottom?

i wanna see how the muffler fits behind the bumper

also, would you happen to have the dimensions?

thanks

dont have any atm but will if u really want..

andy, do you have any photos of your car from the bottom?

i wanna see how the muffler fits behind the bumper

also, would you happen to have the dimensions?

thanks

dont have any atm but will if u really want..

o dw about it

i was just curious as how well the muffler i wanted would fit

thanks anyway

and to those 1zzs with headers in perth, where did you get them from?